‹ Prequel: I Don't Love You
Status: ATTENTION: I am in the process of editing this story so check back for updates.

Just Don't Take Chances

Men never change.

*Alliyson's POV;

"You didn't say hello to Frank before," I pointed out a little while later, after the awkward silence.

"I know," John admitted. "I didn't know what to say."

"Oh that's such bullshit!," I yelled. "You're John Cena, you always know what to say!"

"Well it was just kinda awkward, you know? I didn't let you know I was coming, I just kinda...showed up," he shrugged. "And you were...all over him."

"I was not!," I defended, heatedly. "We were just hanging out and stuff and I was just messing with his hair."

"On top of him," John added. "Pretty sexual for a PG beach."

"Shut up," I snapped. "He's my boyfriend, I can do whatever I want."

"That's why you have a ring on your finger right?"

I sighed and looked at my hand, Frank's silver band shining back at me.

"It's not a ring...like that," I said. "It's a promise ring."

John scoffed. "Promise what? To always be together forever?," he said, the last part in a girly voice.

"Shut up, you're so annoying," I groaned.

"I'm sorry but...it's just so different," he said sadly and I nodded.

"I know..."

"I'm just not...used to seeing you like that, all over another guy and shit. Anytime I've been around you, you've either been with me or just single. And after everything...," he trailed off, looking out into the water.

"John," I began, touching his shoulder and he looked at me. "Trust me, I know."

"Yeah," he smiled, his dimples showing yet again. God, how was I going to sit here and pretend like they still didn't get to me? Because they damn well did, have you seen this man up close?

John looked back at the water and so did I. The beach was starting to clear out now, it getting dark and colder. I looked down at my hands as John cleared his throat to speak again.

"So I see he's gotten more tattoos?"

"Yeah, tons more. He's filling all available space," I chuckled, remembering the conversation Frank and I had over it.

"They look pretty cool. You've gotten more too?"

"Yup, look at my calves," I said and he flipped onto his back as I bent my knees that sank into the sand, flashing him my tattoos.

"Nice, New York and what is that...Jersey?," he asked and I nodded. "Sweet. I don't think I've seen someone tattoo the actual picture of the state on themselves."

"Well you should know I'm not very ordinary," I joked, smiling at him and he returned it.

Then we heard loud ringing coming from John's bag and he frowned, reaching for it and digging inside for his phone, sliding it open and answering with a swift, "What up?"

As John continued his conversation, I looked down and my mind suddenly strayed to wondering what Frank was doing. I smirked and grabbed my Sidekick, opening up a new text message and sending 'Sup gorgeous?' to him.

What, is John not interesting enough that you have to come back to poor little Frank? he sent back.

I frowned and typed up, 'What's up your ass?'

A couple seconds he said, Nothing. When are you coming back? and a sad face.

Soon love, we have to leave soon so we can go out and party! and I sent a grinning smiley.

I won't be doing much partying but okey poke. Come back soon, Gerard's complaining because you didn't get him any ice cream and I miss and love you....

I smiled and before I could say anything else I heard John close his phone and he faced me.

"Apparently, I have to go back now! For some promo thing for SummerSlam. So we'll have to cut this short, dear. Sorry," he grinned sheepishly, tipping his head to the side and dug inside his bag and pulling out his shirt.

Work, of course. He has not changed at all.

"Sure, no problem. The guys are probably dead bored without me anyway," I said, not wanting to tell him I've been texting Frank. I sat up and folded up my towel, putting my phone back into the wristlet as John packed up and stood as well.

"I guess I'll see you later," John said.

"Yeah...," I said awkwardly as he reached out his hands and I gazed at him.

"Oh what, boyfriend doesn't want you hugging me anymore?," he joked and I chuckled, falling into his warm, inviting arms and hugged him tight.

"Be easy," he called out to me as he walked off and I waved, heading back to the guys tent.

When I got close enough I could see Frank lying on his towel still, his phone on his stomach and his eyes closed, Matt next to him with his headphones plugged in and Worm, Brian, and Gerard chatting. I put my towel and little wristlet down, and sat next to Frank, putting my legs over his lap and poked him in the stomach a couple times.

One eye opened and then a smile spread across his gorgeous face before he sat up and put his phone on top of my towel before he reached over and hugged me close to his body, pecking the side of my head.

"Wishes do come true!," he exclaimed like a child and I chuckled.

"What are you talking about idiot?"

"Well," Frank began, smiling mischievously. "There was a shooting star. And I wished on it that you'd come back. And you did!"

"Frank, there is no shooting stars in broad daylight."

He grinned at me, "That's the point."

I started to laugh and then kissed him on the tip of his nose, "You're such a cute little idiot."

"Sure, whatever you say. I'm also your cute little idiot," Frank whispered and then kissed me softly, his hands drifting across my back as my eyes lulled shut.

Now this was my Frank. This was the Frank that I fell in love with. The one who kissed me softly and was kind and sweet and careful. I sighed and continued to kiss him, tilting my head to the side and deepened the kiss, flicking my tongue across his.

"Alliyson! You bitch!," a voice rang out and I opened one eye and looked around, still connected to Frank. I gave Gerard the evil eye as he continued to glare at me, yelling, "You went and got ice cream and didn't get me any!"

I took one hand away from Frank's chest to give him the finger and smiled into the kiss, still attached to my one and only boyfriend.

"Anyway, you horny teenagers better hurry up. We gotta leave if you still wanna go to that party so we can leave tonight for, what is it...Chula Vista? Yeah, that place."

I nodded and Frank pulled away from me, his beautiful hazel eyes alight with happiness. I smiled and poked him once.

"You ready to go?," I asked and he looked away, bringing one hand to his chin in thought, his lips curving up and his tongue sticking out.

"You didn't get to go in the water!," he exclaimed, pointing behind me at the water. I turned to look and sighed sadly.

"Word, I didn't but...hm, whatever. Next time."

Next thing I know, Frank has one hand on my back, throwing me over his shoulders and he's standing up, walking casually towards the water.

"Frank!," I exclaimed. "Put me down!"

"Nope," he said simply. "We're going in the water."

"Are you nuts?!," I yelled. "It's probably freezing."

"Even better," Frank chuckled, breaking out into a run as he came closer and I bounced up and down from his shoulder.

"Frank!," I yelled but he refused to listen, and I watched his feet splash into the water before he threw the both of us into it.

I went down and then I felt Frank's hands on my back and he was pulling me up. I spat out water and rubbed it out of my eyes, giving him a dirty look but he couldn't even see me with that mop of brown hair coasting the front of his face. But I could see his evil little smile as he laughed.

"Woo!," he cheered, removing one hand from my waist to flip his hair out of his eyes and then curling some behind his ears in the usual fashion. I crossed my arms and glared at him.

"How could you throw us into the water!," I yelled but he just continued to laugh, spinning both me and him around now that he had secured both of my legs around his waist and locking on his back.

"Oh come on babe, it's all in good fun," he reasoned and I sighed in defeat as he spun us around.

"So," Frank began. "How was your little fun with John?"

"Fine," I answered, looking him straight in the eye. "We talked for a bit but he had to go."

"Work?," Frank asked and I nodded. He scoffed and looked away. "The man has not changed."

I hit his chest lightly, "Quiet."

I wrapped my hands around Frank's neck and locked them behind his neck as he let go of me, flapping his arms in the water to keep us afloat.

"Aw," I cooed. "My little baby is a fishy!"

"Fuck yeah, you know it," he grinned, flashing me his pearly white teeth before he leaned up and kissed me quickly.

"What was that for?," I asked.

"I felt like kissing you...you're too pretty to not kiss all the time."

"Oh shut the hell up!," I shrieked. "Sometimes you're so corny."

"I know," he agreed. "I'm such a great actor." And with that he kissed my chest.

"Did I get a tan?," I asked, peering down at him as he rotated again.

Frank gave me an 'I have no fucking clue' look and stopped moving, his arms going underwater as he quipped, "Let's check."

And he rest one hand on my lower back and the other rose to my neck, pulling on the string and it fell in front of me, my bathing suit sticking to my body still. Frank raised his eyebrows twice so I giggled as he peeled a little of it away.

"Yup," he said and I looked at my tan, noticing now that I was darker and that under my bathing suit I was my normal color. "Now you're blacker!"

"Thank you Frank," I giggled and I looked over at the beach quickly to see Worm motioning at us to come back. Brian, Worm, and Matt dissembled the tent behind him. "Frank, I think we gotta leave now."

Frank pouted, "I don't want to, I like sitting in the water with you."

"Come on, big baby," I ordered and unhooked my legs from around his body and began to stand up as Frank pulled me back down and muttered 'shit' as I rubbed against him.

"Hah, now that's what you get!," I laughed as his face scrunched up into a look of utter pleasure and complete disappointment.

"Shut up," Frank growled, standing up and pushing me off of him but I regained my footing and pushed him back as we walked back towards the rest of the guys.

Halfway there I hung back and then jumped on Frank's back, laughing all the while as he caught me and began running and carried us over to where Worm stood and the tent lie in a heap behind him.