‹ Prequel: I Don't Love You
Status: ATTENTION: I am in the process of editing this story so check back for updates.

Just Don't Take Chances

I'm going to SummerSlam.

Frank's POV;

I clutched Alliyson's hand in mine as we walked down the street together, neither of us saying a word.

It silently made me wonder. Did I do something wrong? I hoped not, cause things were fine with us before I went on stage, and good after. So what had I done in that time span to annoy her? But then I remembered she might be PMS-ing over nothing, like say I didn't kiss her twice after the show or something. Something small like that could set off any woman at a time like this, something I'd learned the hard way.

I glanced over at her as she walked beside me and rubbed the tips of my fingers on her knuckles, our hands swinging between us. But instead of giving me any kind of response, she just looked down like she had the entire walk from the venue to the street we were walking on now. Her Sidekick swung from its regular place, latched around her wrist.

I frowned and sighed quietly, "What's wrong?"

"Nothing," she squeaked in reply, glancing up to give me a small smile. But behind that smile, I could see the slight sadness and confusion in her eyes.

I looked behind her and saw a small park.

"Let's go in here hun," I suggested, guiding her towards the fence, tall with black poles jutting out at the top, sharp with points. "Then you can tell me what's up."

Alliyson sighed and silently agreed. I let go of her hand and slid it around her waist, bringing her close to me. Strangely, her body was cold, her hairs standing up on top of the goose bumps that dotted her arms. She wasn't warm and inviting, like she usually was. As we continued down the path that lead through some bushes to a fountain ahead, I kissed her jaw line sweetly and moved down to her neck.

But she didn't respond in her usual manner. No giggle, no protests, nothing. She remained in her comatose-like state and I frowned. What was wrong with her?

We finally approached the fountain, the crystal clear water shining dimly in the light the moon cast. There was one lone bench in front of me and I steered my girlfriend towards it and we both sat down. I pulled Alliyson's legs on top of mine and rubbed my hands up and down them quickly, to warm her.

"You cold?"

"Not really," she said, shrugging. But I took off my long sleeved shirt anyway and handed it over to her, which she put over her orange Hollister tank top (they've got cute clothes, ok?). I pulled her closer to me and wrapped my arms around her, rocking her slowly from side to side.

"You gonna tell me what's bothering you now?" I asked softly, watching her face for a response. She gazed over at me, her eyes clouding over with doubt. I nudged her jaw with my nose, prompting her to go on.

But Alliyson continued to stare at me, her wide brown eyes shining with the reflection of the moon. She licked her lips, her eyes still connected to mine, and bit down on her left lip ring. She leaned down close to my face, her head tilted and her lips oh-so close to my own.

"I love you," she whispered before pressing her lips to mine suddenly. My eyes automatically snapped shut as I kissed her back, slowly responding by rubbing my lips on hers. I felt her lip rings pressing into my bottom one; the familiar feeling of missing my old one came rushing back.

My lips and Alliyson's parted at the same time, our tongues meeting in the middle slowly, as if in a mesmerizing dance. I felt the tip of hers flick across mine and up, so I pushed back on hers before pulling away, smirking.

"Nice try, gorgeous," I snickered. "You gonna tell me what's really up now?"

Alliyson's eyes snapped to mine and the fear and sadness came back on her face. I raised an eyebrow as she pulled away from me, sitting about a foot away on the bench.

"I need to...Just lemme say this from over here," she explained and I nodded, lifting my hat off my head to curl my hair behind my ear and put it back in it's proper place.

"Go ahead."

"I..."

"You're not pregnant are you?" I blurted out and she frowned.

"No, what the fuck? Think about that for a second Frank," Alliyson snapped harshly and I shrank back.

"Sorry," I said, scratching my arm awkwardly. "Continue."

"I...Frank, I kinda need to leave the tour soon," she mumbled quietly, looking away from me.

"Why?"

Just then, the fountain turned on and Alliyson jumped slightly, turning to gaze at it and put her arm up on the back of the bench, supporting her head. She sighed loudly before continuing.

"I volunteer at the camp I used to go to, for cancer survivors. It's gonna happen soon, in New York - and I told Elisa, the Camp Director, that I'd come. It's only a week long, so..."

"Oh," I muttered. "Well that's not so bad! So you'll be gone for a week, so what? You'll just come back and finish the tour with us and shit...I have to admit, it will be a little weird without you, but I'm sure we'll get over it. Gerard might have a little bitch fit though..."

"That's not it," Alliyson added, cutting me off.

"Oh," I said, chuckling. "What? Is this the part where you tell me you're pregnant?"

"No Frank!"

"I'm only kidding hun," I said, smiling at her. She caught my eye, but didn't smile back. I frowned, "Okay sorry..."

"I'm gonna...be gone for more than a week..."

"But...you just told me it was only a week long," I said, genuinely confused. I scratched my head as she went on to say:

"I'm gonna go to SummerSlam, it's a Wrestling function. John invited me and I...kinda agreed to come."

I froze. My blood ran cold, my back tensing up just at the mere mention of his name.

John? Why John?

No, she couldn't possibly mean John Cena, meat headed wrestler from the WWE. Not John Cena, her ex boyfriend that she previously had a two-year relationship with before me. Not John Cena, who burst into her apartment so many months ago in New York, flipping out when he'd discovered she was with me.

Not John Cena, who I'd personally, witnessed kissing her back when we were in California.

"Why?" I whispered quietly.

She then went on to explain about SummerSlam, and the situation at hand. But I'm sad to admit that my mind was elsewhere.

Like on the fact that my girlfriend was leaving me.
For another man.

Okay, so that wasn't really how things were really going. Cause I'm sure that if it were, I would've flipped the fuck out by now. I'm not the one to take things like this likely. I'll be pissed first, then cry later.

(God, I'm such a pansy.)

But think about it for a bit.
What would you think if you were in my case?

She was with him for two years, took a chance, and met up with me. Things fell apart for them because of me. I just had to come barreling in. And the waters were calm now, and John is obviously looking for a second chance. So he's slowly but surely, making his way back into her heart.

He got her to cheat on me with him.
Who's to say what else he's done when I wasn't around?

There's so much that can go on while she's gone, at camp. What if John shows up? Takes her out to dinner? One thing leads to another, and she...does it again.

Yes, I still think she's cheating on me.
It's what happens though. She cheated on John with me, fell in love with me, and dumped John for me. Who's to say she won't do the same to me, and get back with John?

You know what? She's probably not even going to camp. Alliyson's going on a vacation type getaway with John. They're gonna run off somewhere, end up having sex, find the spark they've been missing, and she's gonna come back and break up with me.

Because that's what she did to John.
Only this time, she didn't even have to run away.
Just lie a little, with this nice little scheme she and John thought up together. More Alliyson than John, since he's just a meat headed little (ok, not so little) wrestler, probably hyped up on some good steroid shit.

"...Frank? Say something, please."

I glanced back at her, realizing she had finished talking now. She nervously curled her hair behind her ear, her ears burning red and radiating heat off into the brisk air. My eyes danced across her facial features, almost like I'd never seen her before.

I noticed the size of her eyes, the odd deformity she had told me about, with one eye being bigger than the other. I noticed how cute her large nose could be, if she kept up with those exercises she frequently did to make it pointier. I watched her lick her lips over and over, her soft tongue grazing over her snakebite piercings and I gulped, finally looking up to her dark eyes.

"When...do you leave?" I asked carefully, casting my eyes away from her.

I saw her body noticeably stiffen, obviously surprised at my question, "Uh, when we get to the show on Long Island."

I nodded slowly, bringing my hand up to my face to cover my mouth as I stared off at the fountain behind us. Out of the corner of my eye I saw Alliyson's gaze on me, a look of confusion etched across her features.

"Frank? Are you...okay with all of this?"

"Yeah," I said, changing my voice to a 'sure, why not' tone.
I needed to convince her I didn't care, and that this didn't bother me.

"You...are?" Allison asked, her voice trickling with the sense of being unsure.

"Why wouldn't I be?" I asked her, snapping my face in the direction of hers to see if I could catch anything on her face. "Is there more to it?"

But there was nothing. She didn't make a face, nothing. She sat there, a blank look on the face I've come to love. But then it changed to a look of relief and a smile danced across her lips.

"No, not at all! I just wasn't sure if you were gonna be okay or not. Whew!" Alliyson said, blowing out air exasperatedly. "I thought you'd be upset or some shit. I have no fuckin' clue why I was so worried to tell you for. See, this is why I love you Frank, you don't bug over stupid shit like this."

"Yeah..." I agreed, nodding my head and letting a fake smile adorn my face. "It's no big deal though, so I don't really care. You're still comin' back so..."

"I know! But I don't know, I just had a feeling you'd be upset or somethin..."

Yeah, 'or somethin'.

Suddenly in a quick flash, Alliyson was back on top of my lap as I caught her, her thin arms around my neck. She nearly knocked my cap off my head but then just tore it off anyway and ran one hand through my hair and then gripped it at the ends and tipped my head back. Her lips came down on my forehead in an affectionate kiss, the rings pressing down into the skin that covered my cranium.

I closed my eyes slowly and then looked back up at her, hoping my eyes didn't give off what was really going on inside my head. Alliyson brought her face close to mine; nudging my nose with her own and then kissed me, her tongue darting into my mouth quickly.

I kissed her back, but my mind was swimming with the same ongoing thought:

What was gonna happen now?
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's been so long.
DEDICATED TO SAHINA, who has been hassling me, in a good way. =D

<33