‹ Prequel: I Don't Love You
Status: ATTENTION: I am in the process of editing this story so check back for updates.

Just Don't Take Chances

Uneasiness.

Frank's POV;

I exhaled some hot air as I finished yawning, stretching my arms. I turned over to face Bob, who was talking animatedly on the phone with someone. Who, I wasn't sure of, and I couldn't hear their conversation anyway with my headphones in.

I saw Bob glance at me, mouth some words at me that I couldn't hear, and then give me the finger. I kinda just stared at him though, watching him mumble something else and then go back to his phone conversation.

It was pretty late at night, but I couldn't sleep. I deserved some kind of break though, with the whole tour and doing stuff for Skeleton Crew - I've been busy. But I just couldn't sleep, even after showering, which usually worked.

I wasn't sure if it was because I was still so uneasy about Alliyson going to that slam-dunk thing or whatever, with John. Or maybe it was the fact that she was in the shower, and I didn't really sleep comfortably without her around.

But I hadn't been sleeping back on the bus either. And I knew Alliyson had begun to notice, because every time we got back to the bus, she'd stuff me with some tea and send me to bed. I'd maybe get 30 mins to an hour of sleep, due to the tea, but then I'd wake back up again.

After turning onto my back, my eyes landed on the only thing I could really see: the ceiling. I noticed the bright lights sporadically placed throughout the bland, white area. I was also noticing the little dots appearing before my eyes, the dots I absolutely hated seeing.

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Bob stand and head to the bathroom, and then Alliyson was beside me, stuffing her clothes into a bag. She glanced at me, curling a little hair behind her ear as she smiled and I got an instant flashback.

First day we met, back in the dressing room when we were on the Black Parade tour. She bent over to get a drink from the cooler or whatever, and she'd curled her hair behind her ear in the same fashion. What's strange was that it felt like such a long time ago, when it really wasn't. Either way, I still got that little buzz feeling in my heart.

And it felt like home.

I turned onto my side to watch her, as she zipped up the bag. She quickly checked her phone before jumping onto the bed beside me, shooting me one of her killer grins.

It was moments like this, where everything kind of faded away. I didn't think about working, or her leaving, or the ever growing fear of her leaving and cheating on me. Nothing bothered me, because it was just me and my girl and that was pretty much all that mattered.

I smiled back and pulled my arms out, sliding them around her body and bringing her closer to me. She pulled out one of my headphones and stuck it in her own ear, hearing a fast Beatles song going on. I watched her come closer to me, so that our noses were barely touching before she spoke.

"I'm cold."

I snickered, watching as she frowned at me. "I'm sorry baby, that was a lil' random. Come 'ere then."

I held out my arms for her and she snuggled into me, arms tucked close to her body. I wrapped one arm around her shoulders and neck, pulling her close, as the other went to her back. I kissed the top of her head, feeling my heart melt a little as she hummed lightly.

"Better love?"

Alliyson nodded, "You feeling better?"

I looked down at her, feeling myself nod, "Yeah." 'Cause I'm sittin' here with you now.

"Good. Wouldn't want you getting sick again."

I nodded along with her statement and rubbed the tip of my nose on the top of her head.

"Hm, so you gonna tell me what was up with before?"

I tried not to freeze at her statement, so she could sense my fear. I just shrugged it off but she pushed it further.

"No seriously Frank, what was up with the stare-fest before?"

"I'm not allowed to look at you?" I asked.

"No, you can. But you were like, staring. Like trying to figure something out."

Yeah, I thought. Trying to see if I could read 'liar' on your face, in your eyes, on the very tip of your full pink lips.

But I had gotten nothing. Either she was really good at this lying thing, or there was nothing to hide.

"Nah, it was nothing. I was just looking at you...you don't realize, but I kinda do it a lot. I just like looking at you."

"Mm, why?"

I shrugged, "I don't know. Besides the fact that you're gorgeous as..."

She then proceeded to bite me.

"Ow! You couldn't even let me finish?"

"No," she replied. "'Cause it's a lie."

"No, it's not. Anyway, I was gonna say that when I fell in love with you, I fell in love with your face too."

"Ah, you're so full of shit Iero."

"...Love you," I giggled, kissing the top of her head again. Alliyson leaned her head up and our lips met quickly before she resumed her position.

As we sat in our new found silence, just enjoying each others company - there was a knock at the door. And neither of us moved.

"Alliyson get the door."

"Why don't you get the door, asshole."

"I was here first."

"And?"

The knocking continued.

"Which means you should get the door."

"Fuck that."

"But baby," I whined. "I'm older."

"And? This confirms you're gonna die quicker so you should make the most out of your life by doing everything you can...which means answering the door."

I frowned at her and did the only sensible thing:
push her off the bed.

Lucky her, she landed on her feet. I heard her mutter some curses at me as she sauntered across the room to the door and threw it open.

"Oh," Alliyson said quietly. "Hi."

I craned my neck to see who it was through the crack in the door, but all I saw was a pair of bare white legs.

"Hey Alliyson," the person said, with a voice that was vaguely familiar.

"Hey, uh...Come on in," and with that she held the door open and Jill Leone appeared, her bleached blond hair held to the side in a pony tail. "Frankie-kins, look who came to visit!"

"Hey Jill," I said coolly, sitting up and getting a good look at her. She seemed oddly calm and composed as she waved and then turned to my girlfriend.

"I was just walking around and bumped into Gerard, Alliyson. He asked me if I'd seen you cause he needed to talk to you about something."

"Um, oh?" Alliyson questioned, walking around the side of the bed and leaving Jill in the middle of the room to fetch her Sidekick. "Did he say he wanted to see me?"

"Yeah, I think so."

"Oh, okay," Alliyson said, but I could sense the uneasiness in her voice. She snatched the phone off the side table and leaned onto the bed, "Frank, I'll be right back. Ok?"

"Sure," I said, shrugging. We leaned in at the same time and pecked each other before she crawled off the bed and headed towards the door. And at that she left the room, and left me alone with Jill. I shot her a small smile when she sat on the edge of Alliyson and my bed.

Why did I feel unsure about this?