Status: Finished!!

What I Go To School For

Fun Times and Tough Lies

Image

Nick and I walked down the street hand in hand the Monday after we began our relationship. We hadn't left each other side since then, I even stayed at the Jonas' Saturday night. Life was actually good for once and I wasn't going to let it end anytime soon. The morning breeze ruffled my hair as we continued to walk in silence. Nick pulled me closer to him when the school came into view.

"I don't want to go to school." He mumbled.

"Why not?" I asked. "You usually love going to school."

"I want to spend the day with you." He replied kissing my cheek.

"Oh geez, you are such a cheese ball." I said laughing.

"Yeah but that's what makes me so awesome."

He kissed my lips quickly before he unlaced his hand from mine. We couldn't be seen in public as a couple. Nick had explained this to me earlier this morning. He had to stay 'single' in the public eye, we could hold hands in the morning when no one is outside, but any other time we were in public we couldn't.

"I'm sorry about this." He said looking down at his feet.

"Don't worry Nick I understand."

I did understand but that didn't mean I liked it. I was going to go along with it because it was what Nick wanted. He was understanding my need to keep secrets so I was going to keep his secrets.

We walked into the school and quickly walked to our first period class. I waved at my friends as I passed them but I didn't stop to talk. I hadn't really seen my friends since Nick and I started hanging out, I just didn't want to spend time with them. I still loved them all but I didn't like being around them for too long.

"So after school I think we should-"

Nick was cut off by Alec who stepped in front of me making me stop. Nick looked at Alec a disgusted snort leaving his mouth. Alec glanced at him briefly before looking back at me.

"So I was thinking we should hang out today." He plastered on his big charming smile.

"Sorry I already have plans." I said walking around him.

"Well when are you not busy?" Alec asked following Nick and I.

"I'm not sure right now."
I said with a shrug. "I'll let you know."

"Yeah." Alec said but he didn't follow us any longer.

"You can hang out with him if you want." Nick said glancing over his shoulder. "I don't mind."

"Yes you do."

"OK I do." Nick relented. "But I won't be mad if you want to."

"Yes you will."

"OK I will." Nick said with a smile. "You know me too well."

"I know."

We continued to go back and forth like that in class the rest of the day laughing as we made more memories. We had fun teasing each other and didn't bring Alec up again.

"Oh what I was going to ask you earlier before we were very rudely interrupted." He paused to chuckle lightly. "Do you want to get ice cream?"

"Yeah." I exclaimed. "Let's go."

I grabbed Nick's hand and ran in the direction of the ice cream parlor down the street. I could hear Nick's laughter mingling with mine as we jogged towards the very inviting ice cream sign.

"OK. We don't have to run." Nick finally said as he tugged on my arm.

"Why? You out of shape?" I teased.

He just smiled in response as he pulled me closer to him. He wrapped his arm around my shoulders and I laced my fingers with his.

"What if someone sees us?" I whispered looking around paranoid.

"Right now I don't care."

We entered the ice cream parlor and went straight to the window displaying the various ice creams. I picked chocolate fudge while Nick got a banana smoothie.

"That looks great." Nick said eyeing my ice cream.

"Want some?" I asked holding it out to him.

"A little wouldn't hurt." He said before he took a huge bite out of the top.

"Take all of it!" I laughed yanking the cone away from Nick. "Meenie."

Nick stuck his tongue out at me which caused me to retaliate by sticking my tongue out at him. We laughed big ab working laughs.

"We should start walking." Nick said putting on his sun glasses. "Mom will be wandering where we are."

"Alright." I went to the garbage to throw away the leftover ice cream I couldn't finish.

Nick held my hand as we walked the rest of the way home. We talked about a new movie that came out recently and made plans to see it. As we reached home Joe and Frankie were playing soccer in the front yard.

"Where's kyrsten?" I asked Joe as he ran by us trying to knock Frankie over.

"Home. Your mom was outside waiting."

I inhaled sharply my breathing becoming erratic. I dropped Nick's hand and ran to my house. I burst through the door and heard my mom talking.

"Where would she go?"
She actually sounded concerned and sober.

"Hey mom." I said cautiously walking into the living room.

Kyrsten was lounging on the couch with a box cookies in her lap. My mom sighed when she saw me.

"Where were you?" She asked sternly.

"I went out for ice cream with a friend." I answered not wanting to tell her about Nick.

"You left Kyrsten home alone." My mom stated disapprovingly. "She would have walked home alone."

"Mrs. Jonas picks her up. And she usually stays next door."

"Well you two don't need to be spending all of your time there. I'm sure they'd like a break from you two."

"They invite us over." I said my anger rising.

"Fine whatever." She brushed her dark hair behind her as she looked back at my sister. "Go upstairs and change into something nice."

My sister nodded and left the room her box of cookies in her hand. My mom turned back to me a dangerous glare on her ageless face.

"You go to your room and stay there." She said sternly. "I'm having company over and I don't need you ruining things."

I counted to five in my head before answering her, trying to keep my anger in check. "Fine."

I turned on my heel and stalked to my room. I slammed my door not caring about the circumstances. I threw my bag onto the floor near my bed then jumped onto my bed. This was stupid. Why does Kyrsten get to meet whoever my mom invited over? If I wasn't worried about Kyrsten I would just leave and go hang out with Nick. As the thought of Nick crossed my mind I pulled my phone out of my pocket. He had called three times and left one text message.

I read the message, What's wrong?

And sent a reply, its nothing.

I couldn't tell Nick why I was worried about my sister being alone with my mom. It would be horrible if Nick found out how abusive she could be when she was drunk. I crawled to the end of my bed and grabbed onto the string to open the blinds. Just as I thought Nick was sitting at the window looking at his phone. He glanced up at my window and smiled at me, it was a worried smile. I smiled back and gave a little wave.

Can you come over?

I shook my head at him with a frown. He nodded his head in understanding. We exchanged some more texts for a while longer before Joe came into the room and told Nick something.

I gotta go : (

I smiled at him and waved goodbye as he walked out of the room. I sighed then laid back on my bed. Nick was defiantly something special. I should be listening to loud to loud music screaming fuck the world at the top of my lungs, like i usually do when my mom upsets me, but I was smiling all because of him. Letting him in was the best thing I could do. I looked up at the poster on my wall of him and his brothers, it was a little surreal to be dating Nick Jonas, but he wasn't Nick Jonas the famous rock star to me anymore. He was the person who was unknowingly saving me from my horrible life and bringing something happy to it. I was getting to know a side of Nick only few knew. He always thought before he did anything, never wanting to seem like he didn't know what he was doing. There was the fun side and the serious side, sometimes they changed in a blink of an eye. He was actually very funny and always joked about something. As much as he tried to seem cool and at ease I could tell when he was nervous or worried, his muscles would tense and his eyes would narrow. His smile was the best thing about him, it always brightened the room like a ray of sun shine.

Then there was the sensitive side. Nick was a sensitive person which is great when it comes to song writing but sometimes it got the best of him. He was constantly worrying about something, no matter how hard he tried to hide this fact from me, it was in his nature to be concerned with others well being. He was caring when it came to the people he loved. Of course there was the playful Nick. I saw this Nick a lot hanging out at the Jonas'. Nick would pick on his brothers and wrestle around with them, he even joined in on the tag games Joe and Frankie played. I was the target of his playfulness at times when he would bring me into what ever game he was playing with his brothers or when we were alone and he was bored. I loved every part of Nick. He was perfect even when he tried his hardest not to be.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm not to proud of this chapter. I was pretty much forcing myself to write so it's kinda bad.