Two Heads Are Better Than One

Chapter Eleven

Two Heads are Better then One
Part 11

Vacation time was going very well for everyone. Santa and Carol were on their honey moon and Voltaire was busy getting everything ready for Judy's wedding. Voltaire was in charge of the cake and was the maid of honour. The wedding was all ready to go for the next day and the cake was finished. Even on her vacation Voltaire was busy. Bernard was just relaxing, Santa had told him that there was a special job for him that he had to finish, but it involved him not being there for he next Christmas. Bernard didn't like the idea much but decided it was part of his job. He had to look for something or another, but now was not the time to worry about it.

Voltaire and Bernard were going to spend the afternoon together, just lounging around and watching movies. However there was something going on in Voltaire's mind as she sat next to Bernard, her eyes were on the TV, her fingers fiddling with her necklace, and her thoughts going back to her conversation with Mother Nature. Surely if she and Bernard loved each other they would feel something when they were around each other right? But nothing seemed different. Voltaire glanced over at Bernard who just laughed at a funny line in the movie. He didn't act any different around her either. Bernard turned to look at Voltaire after realizing he was being watched.

"Are you okay?" he asked.

"Bernard, do you think you might possibly love me?" Voltaire couldn't help it, she just blurted it out.

"Wha-where did that come from?" he asked shocked.

"It's something Mother Nature told me. She said that the person you give this necklace too is someone you are in love with," explained Voltaire.

"Really? So that's its significance?" sighed Bernard as he reached over and took the necklace it his fingers and looked at it.

"Why did you give it to me then?" asked Voltaire.

"In all honesty, I had forgotten to get you anything and I remember the necklace Mother Nature gave me and I thought you would like it, and then I quickly decorated that gingerbread house."

"Wow, well, it seems Mother Nature might be wrong. Unless do you feel any different when your with me now then before when we first met?"

"Sorry but no."

"Well the same with me. So we really aren't suppose to be lovers."

"Just the best of friends."

"I'm okay with that." They smiled at each other before returning to watching the movie.

Voltaire had just finished setting up the cake at the reception clearing where the wedding was taking place. She entered her apartment and saw Bernard waiting for her on her couch, already dressed and ready to go in his tuxedo.

"Well don't you clean up nicely?" she joked as she walked into her bedroom. He followed behind her.

"We're going to be late you know," he said as she went and got her dress and shoes out of her closet while Voltaire went into her bathroom to wash the frosting off of her.

"It's not my fault she asked me to do the cake and be maid of honour. Don't worry it will be fine," said Voltaire who now twisted half of her hair into a bun and left the rest down. On the top of her head went a silver circlet that had beads that hung down into her hair. She put on dangling silver earring and did her make up with a very natural look. She walked into her bedroom she see Bernard trying to fix his tie and her dress laying on the bed. She slipped the satin, periwinkle, sleeveless dress on and threw on her silver, strappy high heels.

"Can you help?" asked Bernard as he turned to face her and pointed to his tie that was askew. Voltaire sighed and stood up and fixed his tie. He then moved her circlet around and then smiled.

"There, now don't mess with it,' said Voltaire standing back and admiring her work.

"You look beautiful, who knew," said Bernard. She just slapped him in the chest.

"Let's just go," she said. They left the apartment and made their way to the wedding. Bernard went and took his seat before the altar and Voltaire went off in search of the bride.

"I love the cake!" was the first thing Judy said as she hugged her friend.

"I'm glad, I'm late because of it. You aren't nervous or anything are you?" asked Voltaire as she grabbed the bouquet and handed it to Judy.

"No, Nick and I are solid so no cold feet. Plus I have you supporting me and Abby," she said and smiled over at the other bride's maid. Voltaire nodded and the music started. Voltaire grabbed the flowers she was to carry, some white roses, and walked out down the aisle.

Everything went according to plan, and Nick and Judy were now happily married. The dinner was fantastic and the reception was enjoyed by all. Bernard and Voltaire talked most of the wedding until Judy forced the two to dance.

"Let's see how you dance," said Bernard as he led her to the dance floor.

"That implies that you know hoe to dance. When did that happen?" asked Voltaire.

"Mrs. Clause taught me right before the honeymoon," he said. Voltaire laughed at the image she got and he spun her around and they danced through the song, well they would of if it wasn’t switched to a slow song. Voltaire looked over at the DJ and saw Nick standing there watching the two.

"I think people are still trying to get us to be a couple," said Voltaire with a chuckle before wrapping her arms around Bernard's neck. He looked over and spotted Nick as well. He laughed and just placed his hands in her waist.

"It seems, we'll let them have their fun," said Bernard.

"So any idea about what this job you have next holiday season is?" asked Voltaire as she stared into Bernard's eyes.

"No clue. The only thing he said about it is that I was hired by the Council of Legendary Figures to do it and that it is personal to me," shrugged Bernard.

"Well that's vague, why do you have to do it during the holiday season though?" asked Voltaire.

"They said it is something that can only be done in the winter. That added detail confuses me even more," said Bernard, "but let's not worry about that now, we still have vacation." And with that said, and the ending of the song, Bernard dipped Voltaire and she just laughed and hit Bernard in the arm when she was on her two feet again.

"Don't do that, I thought you would drop me," she said and walked away to go sit down.

"Ah but I didn't," replied Bernard, following after her. Judy and Nick had been watching the whole thing and just shook their heads at the two and continued dancing.

Voltaire and Bernard were some of the few that had stayed at he wedding the longest. They helped clean up and said their congratulations to the newlyweds. During the evening Bernard gave Voltaire his jacket since it was cold out and she had somehow convinced him to carry her home, mentioning something about her feet hurting in high heels. Bernard carried Voltaire in her apartment and went and dropped her on her bed. She immediately sat up and took her heels off and looked at the blisters that were now forming.

"Ouch," said Voltaire as she looked at them.

"Want me to help you with that?" asked Bernard.

"No, it's okay, you should go home and get some rest, it was a pretty busy day," said Voltaire as she took his jacket off and handed it to him. He smiled and left the apartment. Voltaire sighed and looked at her feet with a wince on her face.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments please? Oh and my school's musical (South Pacific) is going great, but because of it I am sleep deprived.

Thanks for reading.

-Charlotte