Two Heads Are Better Than One

Chapter Seventeen

Two Heads are Better then One
Part Final

Cheers erupted as Bernard and Voltaire pulled away from their first kiss as husband and wife. They turned to the guests and smiled at everyone. Voltaire looked over and saw her mum in the front row with tears pouring out her eyes. Turns out her mum and Bernard's mum had been getting together and planning the wedding, it was at the point that Bernard and Voltaire were going to marry each other whether they liked it or not.

"Congratulations you two," said Mother Nature and Voltaire turned and hugged her, "and might I say you look lovely in that dress, Voltaire."

"Thank you, for everything," said Voltaire.

"Now it's time to go party," said Mother Nature and they all headed to the reception area, also known as the ball room, cleared of balls of course.

"I never knew some one could cry so much," said Bernard indicating their mums. Voltaire just laughed and nodded her head.

"Now we would like the lovely couple to have their first dance," said Santa. All the elves cheered and Bernard spun Voltaire around before bringing her close and holding her waist.

"A great turn out I must say, were we really this popular?" asked Bernard.

"No, they just want to see their boss finally leaving," said Voltaire.

"Well I talked to Santa and we are welcome to stay a work as long as we want," said Bernard.

"Of course. Well I was thinking of maybe opening my own bakery, we all know I'm the best in Elfsburg so I would do very well," said Voltaire.

"Ego much? Anyway I like my job," said Bernard.

"I know that," said Voltaire who then laughed as he dipped her as the song ended.

The rest of the night was full of dancing and delicious eating. Abby was the one who ended catching Voltaire's bouquet, she turned a very deep red and went to a table to sit down and hide from all that stares. Voltaire and Bernard were dancing majority of the night. Finally it winded down and Bernard and Voltaire headed home to their apartment. Before walking in Bernard picked up Voltaire and carried her over the threshold.

"You are very cheesy, and I am amazed you can pick me up with all these layers of fabric," said Voltaire as her down and she lifted her skirt up.

"I wouldn't be shocked if that dress weighed more then you. Our mothers are never picking a wedding dress ever again," he said as he untied his tie. Voltaire nodded in agreement and took her shoes off and then reached behind her to undo the zipper, only to fail because the short sleeves wouldn't let her move.

"Bernard can you help?" she asked as she continued to try and reach the zipper. He walked over after taking his jacket off and unzipped the back of her dress slowly. She held the dress and up and Bernard put his hands on her almost bare shoulders. Voltaire's breath caught in her throat and she closed her eyes as she massaged her shoulders. She stayed silent and soon she spun around and planted her lips right on his. He was prepared for it though and kissed her back.

"I think you should really get out of this dress," said Bernard as they pulled away and she saw that the skirt had kept Bernard a good half a foot away from her. She laughed and went into the bathroom. Bernard out of the rest of his tux and threw on some flannel pyjama bottoms. He realized that when Voltaire slept on his chest it kept him warm enough that he didn't need a shirt. Voltaire soon can out in flannel pyjama bottoms and a tank top on. He smiled at her and wrapped his arms around her waist as she threw her dress onto a chair nearby.

"I had a great time today, I never knew wedding were more fun when you were the one getting married," said Voltaire turning around and wrapping her arms around Bernard's neck.

"Well then you're about to have even more fun, my love," said Bernard and with that he picked her up and placed her on the bed. She smilied at him and leaned up and kissed him gently.

"I love you," she said.

"And I love you," said Bernard.

The End.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you all enjoyed it and did not mind the fast pace it went towards the end. I'm not a very romance-y type person so at least I tried (don't ask me why I write a bunch of romance stories, I do not understand either).

Now that I the story is over, I would enjoy reading al your comments you had on the whole story entirely. Any questions I can clear or whatever, I'll be glad too answer.

Thanks for reading.

-Charlotte