'What's the worst that could happen?'

'What's the worst that could happen?'

I’d never really given it second thoughts, I mean, what’s the worst that could happen?

But I never knew what that would come to. The most terrible thing had happened to me that fine day. Or rather, that positively not fine day...

Innocent as this may sound, the cause of the incident was a young girl, little over nine years of age. A sweet smile was plastered onto her face and her sapphire eyes were glistening. Even her voice had an edge of cuteness and honesty.

“Please will you open this for me?” She asked.

I took the object from her hands.

“Thank you, kind teenager.”

By now the kid was freaking me out a little. What kind of nine-year-old uses the term ‘kind teenager’? Maybe she was some kind of alien species? Or maybe the child of the new generation? Either way, she was still weird.

However my trust still lied within her as I positioned the can ready for opening. Click, fizz, spray! Everywhere. I was completely soaked, but the girl wasn’t. I gave her the can back, my clothes stained, and my hair wet. I should’ve never opened that Dr. Pepper. That’s the worst that could happen.
♠ ♠ ♠
Failed. My first attempt of comedy.
If you've never seen the Dr. Pepper ad, you wouldn't have got it.