Do You Know Your Enemy?

Chapter three

The first thing I noticed was his soft, jet black colored hair, his big deep green eyes which held the same beauty as that girl on the bus, and his lips, curved in a flawless smile.

I couldn't produce a set of words to come out of my mouth, I was left speechless at his perfection.

He looked down at my name tagged on my shirt and gazed back into my eyes.
"Nice to meet you Jennifer."

I tilted my head and a dent came between my eyebrows. Oh fuck I'm not wearing eyeliner.

He saw my response and gave amused smile and waited for my response.

I took a deep breathing and words suddenly came into place.
"And yours is?" I searched his top but he must've taken it off or maybe he didn't need one.

"What would you say if I was called Romeo?" He responded in a whisper, raising his grin.

"Is it?" I questioned trying to mimic his whisper, it didn't even nearly come out as impeccable as his.

He moved his face closer to mine, our lips were only inches apart, I didn't feel any reason why I should move back though.

"Would you like to have dinner with me tonight?" The words flowed out of him, like he didn't even need to think them through.

My face flushed with excitement "I would love too."

He gave me a pen and rolled up his sleeve, hinting for me to give him my number, I giggled lightly and wrote it down as neatly as I could on his arm.

"Oh somebody scored big time!" Tre laughed loudly, I had forgotten he was even in the room.

"I'll call you tonight." He voiced lightly and left.

My eyes wonder after him, I didn't even know his name, or a thing about him.. All I knew was, he was my Romeo.

****

I was pushing trolley carts in the parking lot, tilI saw Mike waving for me to come over.
I pushed them further till I was beside him.

"I saw you hit it off well with that guy in the coffee lounge." He smirked, I rolled my eyes.

"Yeah?" I questioned.

"Well I just thought i'd warn you, he's a tricky fellow that one." He winked a me.

"Im sure he's fine. He seems the most decent here by far anyway. I'm just glad Im not crushing on Tre or that haven't run into crack head Billie.

"Crack head Billie?" He laughed raising an eyebrow.

"Yeah, Tre told me some guy here by the name of Billie is 'perfect' for me.
I'm just terrified he's a rapist or serial killer. The thought brought chills to my spine.

"Oh!" He shouted, like something had just clicked in his bird nest of a brain.
"You mean 2 dollar Bill." He stated "I heard he sold his own Mother for 2 dollars just so he could buy some weed off a school kid." He cracked a big grin.

"Ew." I felt sick to my stomach. What kind of fucking retard would do that?

"Any way." Mike said shaking his head to stop his laughter.
"So, are you going out on a date with that guy in the coffee lounge?"

"Yes, but thats none of your business." I smile. This was kinda fun, for a first day and all. I mean I already had guys up in my face, but I was proud.
Specially since I nabbed me the hot one.

"None of my business?" He restated my answer and scratched his neck.

"Honey, he's only my best mate."

"Oh." My eyes shot a spark.
"Then I suppose you know his name?" I leaned closer to him wondering in curiosity.

"Yes, I do." He said smugly and continued back to trolley pushing.

I shouted after him. "Well? What is it!?"

He chuckled and mined himself zipping his mouth up. "Scouts honor ma'am." He soluted me rudely. "Swore I wouldn't say a word!" He called off into the distance.

I sighed loudly and got back to my own trolley pushing.

****

"How was your first day at work?" My Mum greeted me friendly as I walked in the door.

"Well.." I pondered to myself. "It was different." I smiled cheerfully putting my bag on the front room computer table.

"Glad your in a good mood." She responded with a curious look on her curious.

"Go get dressed, i'll help your prepare the dinner." She announced.

"Actually." I paused and bit my lip. "A guy asked me for dinner tonight." I searched her face, hoping and praying for signs of approval, she was always very strict when it came to teenage things, but she had been so much better recently.

"Oh, I see." She murmured.

Yes! A defiant sign of approval. My grin widened.

"But I can still cook dinner for everyone, I don't mind.. Really." I reassured her, she smiled back warmly.

"Thanks love." She rubbed my back lightly and helped chop the veggies.

"Where's Dad tonight?" I questioned, looking around for him.

"He's working later today." She sighed.

"Oh." I replied blankly. It wasn't unusual for him to work later, sometimes I think he likes work more than he likes me.

BRING BRING BRING

The sound of the phone made me heart jump in surprise.

My Mum answered it considering she was right beside it.

"Hello." She greeted, smiling at me. I blushed and looked at the floor.

"Yes, i'll just get her." She passed me the phone giggling to herself.

I looked at her and rolled my eyes and walked upstairs into my room and shut the door behind me.

"Hey." I said trying to keep my cool.

"Hello beautiful." His voice began to sing to me again, releasing all my nerves and letting the butterflies in my stomach fly free.
I giggled nervously.

"I'm making dinner tonight." He said in a very masculine tone.

"A man in the kitchen?" I joked with a gasp.

"Can you even imagine?" He replied in the same tone.

"Absolutely Shocking." I said sarcastically, we both lightly chuckled.

"Is 6 o'clock okay?" He asked, his attractive voice stinking through the phone.

"Perfect." I answered in a chipper voice.

"Its 102 Revolution Drive." He said slowly so I wouldn't forget.

"Sounds great!" I found a pencil on my shelf and wrote the address on a scrap of paper, I can never trust my memory.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys, thanks for reading.

Comments are much appreciated ^_^
xox