The Gifted

Chapter Six

The light subsided, and I looked to see Mary-Beth and Zane looking at each other in udder suprise.

“What—what was that?” I said. I looked down at the pendants and found that Zane’s moon-n-star had combined with Mary-Beth’s pendant. The crescent moon was on top of the first half of the circle. And the star was in the center of the circle. Behind the star was a small smooth stone. It was blue with gold specks inside. It was still glowing slightly making the star shine. All of a sudden it stopped glowing.

“Wha—what was that?!” I asked again.
“I’ve never seen one of those do that before! Ever!” Karen said.
“The moon is in deep connection with the water. With Zane’s pendant they must have combined. I’d hate to see the strength in your power now.” Mary-Beth informed us all. I’m so glad that she is the smart one.

“I-I’m amazed. I feel all tingly and special.” I said laughing. Zane now over his shock spoke.

“Well, I-uh…I’m glad you like your present.” He said uncertaintely.

We all laughed. “I do. I’m a little uncertain about my power and stuff now but I feel…great!” I replied. Zane and Mary-Beth looked at each other and nodded. I looked over to the rest of the gang. Leonce had a small knowing smile. I was about to ask why…when his smile disappeared. Strange…

“Let’s head off to FantasyLand now…shall we?” John said breaking the small silence.
“Alright!” we all yelled in agreement shaking off the awkward miracle that had just happened. We all piled into the car. Zane drove and John sat in the passenger seat next to him. Karen, Mary-Beth, and I sat in the middle row. Leonce took a nap in the back seat.

“Here we go!” Zane and John yelled. We all hollered back and began our own separate conversations. All absolutely oblivious to everyone else. It was going to take an hour to get to FantasyLand but we were there before I knew it. Leonce woke up and climbed out of the car. Zane and John hopped out and opened the doors for us girls. Zane had to fix the child lock that was on my side. We started making our way towards the entrance. Wow such a long line.

“Jeez…how great!” I heard Karen mumble. I laughed. Gotta love Karen!
“Chillax Karen.” Zane said.
“Chillax?? What’s that…like idiot slang?” She asked. I laughed again.
“hmph! No. It’s my slang” he answered.
“Like I said…” Karen replied. I laughed yet. The rest of the gang laughed at the joke as well.

“Next!” I heard the ticket-boy yell.
“Oh, right, that’s us.” Zane said. The guard checked our bags and we continued inside to give the ticket-boy our tickets. A new guy checked them and shoved us through the gates to enter the famous FantasyLand.

“I’m so excited.” I giggled. Everyone just shook their head in amusement. Even the ticket-guy chuckled.
We entered the gate and my jaw dropped. It was amazing.
“So Cool…Amazing” I whisper yelled. You could see almost everything. There were roller coasters everywhere. The FantasyLand sign was so huge and sparkly with all kinds of make believe animals on it. There were candy stores and jewelry stores and all kinds of scenes set up to take pictures. All different and out of this world. I couldn’t believe my eyes.

“Hey Rose! You coming or are you just going to stand there in shock all day?” Zane asked. I was jolted out of my little fantasy and started to run to catch up.
“I’m Coming.” We were going to have so much fun. We all high-fived and headed to our first destination. A extremely high and fast looking roller coaster. “Bloody Hell.” Karen yelled. “Leonce, Zane, and I are getting in line…anyone else?” she added running towards the line. I shook my head. Hell No. Not one that big. I like the one next to it. Lazy Unicorn Meadow. Me and Mary-Beth rode that one…it was like a little safari ride only with make-believe statues. John ended up jumping on the roller coaster with the others. John didn’t really like being tossed upside down. Karen was probably going to poke fun until he did ride it. Mary-Beth and I rode around and around in the pretty cloud car just “chillaxin”. We got off just as the rest of the gang got off of their ride. John and Zane looked a little sick.
“Haha. That one must have been a serious thriller!” I yelled. Karen laughed. Leonce grinned but didn’t say anything.
“How did ya’ll like your little sissy ride?” Karen asked.
“Oh Ha Ha. Very funny. Actually it was quite relaxing.” I said defending the ride. Karen shook her head in shame. We met up at a nearby fountain. It was pure silver and it had an array of creatures within the silver and spewed out confetti with the water.
“well What’s Next?” Karen asked. I shrugged. I looked over to John and Zane.
“You guys alright?” I asked. “You wanna sit a minute?” I asked. The nodded. I gave them some water and let them sit a minute.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry have to make another part.