Multiple Me

Nightmares and Illusions

I went to sleep that night with high hopes that what I had said earlier was just from the heat or something. I hadn't eaten much that day and Toby was bugging the crap out of me before I left. Something about Dad not buying more food yesterday. It's not Dad's fault... he's been gone for over a week in England with no clue that Toby's hungry and is too stupid to go to the store himself. Whatever. So maybe I just snapped.

I had to take some Tylenol before I climbed into bed because I had a wicked bad headache. I took four just in case. I was pretty wiped out by the end of the day, so I had no problem going right to sleep.

***********

I'm walking around my house. It's completely dark and completely empty. I start up to Toby's room to check if he's there. Nothing. Nobody. Not a single piece of furniture around. I check Dad's room. Nothing. It's so dark out, but yet, I can see everything clearly. I look outside the window and the moon is high in the sky, but I don't see any stars. I open my front door and everything else looks normal outside. But Nobody's street lights are on. Everything feels spooky, but I go out anyways. I start walking towards Isaac's house and I notice a bike with training wheels on it in the middle of his driveway. I walk towards it until I'm standing right next to it. I look down at the bike. It's ruby red and the letters I-S-A-A-C are on the front bar in fancy lettered stickers. I wouldn't be able to tell this if the moon wasn't shining so bright. Then suddenly, there's a voice...

"What the fuck? What kind of a dumb-ass loser doesn't know how to ride a bike?!" I gasp and look around frantically. I start to get very nervous for these are the exact words that came from my mouth earlier. It was my voice that I had just heard, but I had said nothing. I turn around again and standing right next to the bike is me. But it couldn't be me, for I'm standing right where I am!

My breathing gets heavy and I look at her up and down. Same face, same figure. But yet, she's different. I have brown wavy hair and bright blue eyes. With the moon still very bright, I can see that her eyes are almost illuminating. They're bright green. And her straight jet black hair also shines in the moonlight.

I start to stutter,
"Wh-Wh-Who are y-you?" Right then and there I know she's not good. She gives me the single-most evil smile that anyone could ever give me. She starts to walk towards me and I nearly trip over the bike trying to back away from her. She starts to reply,
"You should know very well who I am, Adrien. But then again, I've never really properly introduced myself. My name is Jackie Tabitha Laken. And I am you're other half..."

I'm so confused at this point that I'm speechless. I'm about to open my mouth and stutter something else out, but she beats me to the point.

"To save you from speaking, as I know you barely can, I will answer a few questions that I know you have." I start to back away even farther from the bike and she follows. I end up backing around the bike, so we end up walking in circles around it. "I am you. I've been with you your entire life, but I've just been... hanging out. I'm basically the rude, insensitive, genius side of you. It was me that caused you to say such a nasty thing to Isaac today. I had to start to make my appearance somehow. Like, a little warning sign that I was on my way tonight. Don't believe I'm you? Well, we are 16 years old, our birthday is April 22ND, Juniors at Masonsdale High School, blood type B negative, our mother took her own life because-"
"My mother." I stop backing up and move in a closer almost getting in her face. I suddenly step up to the plate. "Listen, you may say you're me, but you are definitely not! So you have no right to start talking shit about my mother! You got that?!"

The Jackie girl lets out an evil laugh.
"Just you wait Adrien..." She steps forward and puts her face close to mine and whispers in my ear. "I'm going to make your life a living hell." And stars to walk away. Anger starts to build up inside of me.

***************

I wake up and shoot out of my bed. I look around and everything is back in it's place. I take a deep breath. I start to put a jacket on. I need to tell Isaac this. I pause and look around. What if it was just a really bad dream I had? I mean, I don't have to wake Isaac up for nothing. I take my jacket off and lie back down. Excuse my french, but I have had one really fucked up shitty day.