Deep Down Cemetery Drive

Do Not Cross

Chapter2

"Please move out of the way!" said a man dressed in a hospital uniform. He and a few other men where quickly and constantly dragging people out of the research center on stretchers.

Aiden noticed a boy around his age with jet black hair standing near the "Police Line Do Not Cross" wire and walked his bike over to him. Lynn and JR noticed he was gone and followed him.

"Hey, do you have any idea what happened here?" asked Aiden.
The boy turned his head and examined the strangers standing in front of him.
"Uh, not really but there's rumors going around that an experiment went wrong." answered the boy.
Then introductions flew across from person to person. The boy told them that his name was Adam Rose. He had just moved into Aiden's neighborhood because of a change in his father's job.

"That's cool" said Aiden trying to sound excited even while watching and waiting for any sign of what could have happened. After a few more minutes and when the ambulances finally departed the police walked around telling the excited and scared towns-people to leave.

"Well we will see you later Adam." Said Lynn, "It was nice meeting you"
"Oh are you guys heading home?" Adam replied.
"Yea it doesn't seem like anything else is going on here. There must have been an accident there it doesn't seem to be anything more than that." JR said. He had not talked since they were standing in front of his house and even then Aiden suspected something weird of him. Especially because of the crashing noise he had heard before he opened the door.

"Do you think it would be okay if I rode home with you guys because i really don't know my way around here yet." asked Adam.
"Sure"

The four kids set off towards home. The rain had stopped after a while but was now starting to pick up again and the sound of thunder shook the earth. As the group turned their bikes into the neighborhood Adam indicated where he lived by pointing down a road named "Lakewood" it was right off of Sunset Lane and was a very steep hill. Aiden and JR would race their bikes down it all the time.

Adam bid his farewell to his new friends and turned down Lakewood. A few houses down Sunset JR turned his bike into his driveway without a goodbye. Aiden and Lynn stopped at Lynn's house where they both got off of their bikes.
"Well that was interesting" said Aiden sarcastically.
"Yea" Lynn said with a laugh just as sarcastic.
Aiden gave Lynn a goodbye hug and got back on his bike to leave.
"Goodbye"
"Okay See Ya, Goodbye"

Aiden walked back into his house where he found it abnormally dark. He glanced through his dining room into the kitchen to see the time. The clock read: 9:23. "Mom must be in bed by now" he whispered to himself.
"Yes she is, she has a very important meeting at work tomorrow." said the voice of Aiden's father from the armchair in the living room.
"Oh okay" said Aiden, still recovering from the shock of hearing a voice answer his self-questioning." 'Night dad."
"Goodnight Aiden."

Aiden walked into the room and pulled the black marker off the wall next to the light switch and crossed out the "July 9Th" box. He then changed into pajamas and laid down on his bed. It seemed that instantly he was sucked back into one of the dreams. This time he was in a very well lit bar. The tables seemed clean enough but the walls were exactly opposite. No one besides him and the bartender sat in the room. Aiden walked over to the bar and ordered a drink. He and the bartender sat and talked about sports and other worldly events.
"So what do you think about that explosion today?" asked the bartender with the name Roy written on a name tag pinned to his shirt.
Surprised that the man knew about this he stuttered "Oh it was just an accident"
"That was no accident if you ask me. I think that was complete and utter violence. And I don't mean the workers. I think some outside force was acting against them."

At this moment the bell hanging on the top of the door rang to announce the arrival of a customer. Aiden turned to realize it was the man from his first dream. He was in the same black suit that he was the first time he had seen him. Aiden could still not see the man's face properly because now a long black hood fell over his eyes. Aiden spun around in the bar stool and fired a few shots. Again these ripped through the mans cloak but did not hit him. This time though, the man fired back. Aiden was shot in the leg. Intense pain flew through his body. Aiden fell off the chair and landed face first on the floor. The man walked away out of the bar's sliding doors.

"Aiden are you alright?"......It was Lynn's voice......"Aiden are you awake?"...yes it is Lynn's voice.
Aiden opened his eyes and saw Lynn's face staring down lovingly at him. She moved out of the way and turned to Aiden's mother.
"He's awake now" she said.
Aiden opened his eyes wider to see the whiteness of a hospital room. Pain fell upon his leg again.