Bats, Brits, and Giggles

Why Not Wait?

I never thought that Morgan and I would ever have a huge disagreement. We were best friends who haven't even had one single fight since day one. She had so much in common with me that I had no reason to argue with her anyway.

Whether it was about clothes, movies, personal issues, not a single conflict was involved and that was what I loved about our friendship. Then there came the one thing that we loved most out of all hobbies and interests. We both loved music and that very subject is what made us argue.

There was a band from the UK that I found out about and loved their music. Bring Me the Horizon was the name and I really wanted them to come to the states and perform. My guess what that they were very new artists since there was nothing about them coming up on the Internet. It kind of made me feel like a stupid loser because I had no idea what they looked like.

I was even more of a loser to have no clue what their names were.

Despite the fact that I didn't know anything about the band's personal lives or appearance, I loved the music a lot and still anticipated to see them at a show. But it sucked that they lived so far in another country and continent while I was stuck in the states.

There was obviously no doubt that my parents wouldn't waste their money just to let their seventeen year-old daughter fly all the way across the Atlantic ocean just to see one band at one show.

Why not wait? I could just wait until they come here after getting hugely famous. Photo shoots would end up on the pages of magazines, MTV would mindlessly view their music videos, I would know their names. Then their record label would finally be able to bring them here, where they'd be lounging and relaxing in a huge tour bus. Girls would fantasize about "marrying" them or getting into their pants while giving death threats to the band's girlfriends.

Then there would be me. Standing all the way in the back while struggling to get one decent picture of the performance. I'll be shoved and thrown around in the mosh pit, completely trashed while Bring Me the Horizon continues to play in the enormous venue in front of thousands of people.

And they'll never play in front of a small crowd in a small club ever again.

Gosh, I'm so fucking negative, but I was right. There was no way I'd wait that long in order to see them. Once they're big and bad, it ain't ever gonna go back to being low key. I'd also lose my chances of meeting them and it's way easy to meet the band at a small gig. So I made up my mind. I was going to see them at a small venue, no matter what.

My so-called prayers—or wishes—were finally answered when I found out that they were coming to America and actually in my town at The Boardwalk, an all ages club. My eyes were wide with excitement because finally something good happened and I didn't even have to beg.

I had to take somebody with me. Never have I went to a show without a friend and there's only one friend that I could always count on coming with me.

Morgan went everywhere with me and she listened to some of their songs. Plus, she's my best friend and I love her too much to take anybody else. Besides, she was so lively and fun at concerts, nobody else wouldn't dare to compete. So I was going to go walk to her house and plan the trip.

I walked a few feet and reached her home. It was a good thing we were next door neighbors because driving was too much of a hassle and I may be a little lazy sometimes. I knocked on her door and her mother answered it.

Once she told me that Morgan was upstairs, I rushed up the steps and found her lounging in her room, listening to music while reading. I spoke up to see if her volume was low enough to hear me from her headphones, but she continued to flip through the pages while I noticed the loud sound coming from her head.

In order to get her attention, I dropped down to my knees and grabbed her ankles, pulling her down onto the floor with me. She took off her headphones and gave me a look, proving that she was shocked as hell. I laughed at her expression while she gave me a little pout.

"Ever heard of knocking?" she asked, but not in an angry way.

"I did knock," I retorted. "You were too busy wearing your head gear."

"I love my head gear, thank you very much," she smirked and pretended to hug her headphones tightly against her chest.

"Okay, anyway, I got great news," my voice got excited. "You're gonna love it."

"What is it?" she sat up, waiting for me to make my announcement.

"How would you react if I told you that we have a chance to see Bring Me the Horizon?" my teeth were smiling wide.

Morgan squealed. "Really? No way! We need to buy our tickets soon because this might be a once in a lifetime chance!"

"Tickets are only fifteen dollars, we can buy 'em!" I yelled. Both of us jumped on her bed, acting like how we did when we were young. I'm surprised the bed didn't break.

That's when she stopped jumping. "Which reminds me, there's gonna be this Avenged Sevenfold concert soon, too. We need to see them also!"

"Yes, we should!" I nodded. "This is gonna be so awesome. I mean, one show was exciting enough, but two? Great way to start out the summer!"

"So when's the show for Bring Me the Horizon?" she asked.

"It's next Friday," I answered her, but once I said the day, her smile frowned. Her face looked so bummed out and I had a bad feeling that it wasn't a good time for her to go out. "What's wrong?"

"That's the exact date when A7X is coming here, too," she sulked and sat back onto her bed.

My arms dropped and my smile also disappeared like hers did. "You can't be serious."

This ain't right.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is my newest story and also a joint story with Morgan.
We have been thinking a lot about this story and she's been waiting for my update. Very sorry to Morgan that it took forever, but my mind needed to be revived in order for me to update again.
Hope you enjoy this chapter and I hope Morgan does, too.
Tell us what you think. :]

-Aliya