Bats, Brits, and Giggles

Protective Sex Addict

Oli noticed me in the crowd and I just watched him scream his lungs out while jumping around the stage. They sounded even better live and I finally smiled after being completely surprised for the duration of the first song. Joey watched next to me, probably having enough from the mosh pit, and held the ice pack against his right eye. The band even played some songs I haven't heard yet and I wondered why barely anybody has heard of them yet.

Eventually, I started screaming out lyrics like everyone else and jumped to the music with the crowd. I even looked at the mosh pit and began making my way toward it until I remembered what Joey said. I wasn't stupid to think that I'd die, but I didn't wanna match Joey with my own bruise.

I still looked at Oli straight in the eyes as he did the same to me. I had a feeling he was thinking the same thing as I was, smiling at this strange girl who was still in disbelief that she met him without even knowing who the fuck he was. That was my thought because I already felt stupid that I didn't know the names and looks of the band, but to actually meet a member of the band—especially the singer—and not know who he was became another way for me to feel like a loser.

What was wrong with me? I actually criticized his band right in front of him while he looked at me like I was some psycho. I called his band "stupid" and complained. Maybe he sensed that I was joking because I didn't mean it when I said it. I was just whining about not hanging out with Morgan at the show.

He just couldn't be ignored. While watching him sing, I kept telling myself that I had to find him afterward. I wanted to see him up close again. I wanted to learn more about him. I wanted to talk to him more. Oli's mouth formed into the little smirk he gave me earlier as he glanced at me once in a while. Every few minutes, he'd look at me and I just stood there looking away at times.

"We're Bring Me the Horizon and we fucking love you, Sacramento and we hope you had a great night!" Oli yelled after the last song. People screamed again and as they got closer to the stage, I moved further away, squirming my way through many sweaty bodies brushing against me.

Through that crowd, I didn't notice Joey behind me. He got his chance and I felt him grab me and put his hand around my neck to scare me. "Where are you going?"

I gasped. "Don't ever fucking scare me again!"

Joey laughed. "I'll try, but seriously, where are you going?"

"I'm looking for...someone," I replied. "If you need me, I'll be outside."

He grabbed me while I tried to get away. "Hey, there's one more band playing. Don't you wanna check 'em out?"

"Later, okay?" I attempted to pull myself away from his grip, but he was holding on tight. "I'll only be gone a few minutes, now can you let me go?"

His look was hesitant and he raised his eyebrow, hinting suspicion. "Fine, meet me near the front of the stage where we were."

I nodded and as soon as he loosened his hold, I quickly rushed through the front doors of the club and assumed that Oli would be where I met him. When I didn't find him and thought if giving up, I heard laughter in the back and that's when I found him.

He saw me and waved at me, gesturing me to come over there. Four other guys were with him and I slowly walked to the group, feeling a little shy because I was the only girl.

"There's the smile I was looking for," Oli said, looking very sweaty. "Did you enjoy the show?"

"It was awesome!" I answered. "Guess you were right about the promise you made."

"A promise is a promise," he shrugged while smiling.

I looked behind him at the four other guys who he was with. "So, is this the rest of your band?"

"Oh, yeah," he began introducing them to me. "This is Curtis, Matt, Lee, and Matt."

They all waved at me and I waved back. "Great to meet you guys. I'll try not to be confused by the two Matts."

"Haha, that happens a lot," one of the Matts said. "It's okay."

"Yeah, guys, can you leave me and Aliya alone here?" he asked. They listened to him and walked through the back door. I always wondered how it was backstage.

"By the look on your face tonight, you were pretty surprise, huh?" he smirked again.

"Why didn't you tell me you're the singer of the band that I like?" I punched him in the arm and giggled. "I was tripping on that, you know."

He looked amused. "When I saw you, I thought you'd know who I was. When I found out that you didn't, I played along."

"Glad you did," I joked. "If you told me who you were at that time, I would've been too dazed to even listen."

"But you would've smiled," he called out. "Then again, you seem pretty happy right now."

"That's because I finally know who you guys are," I laughed. "And thanks. You're really nice."

Oli smiled wider and scratched his head while looking down. "Wow, thanks. It feels great to know I've put a good impression on someone I've only known for a few hours."

"I was actually afraid to talk to you again," I admitted. "You're the first person I've ever met that's well-known around, well, everywhere."

"Really?" he seemed even more interested and looked at me again.

"I'm really shy when it comes to talking to new people," I said. "And since you're in a band and all, that makes me more nervous."

We stood silent and I leaned against the wall. Oli still continued to look at me, failing to speak any words. Then he looked at my shirt again. "Uh, nice shirt."

"Oh, um, thanks," I mumbled. "My friend suggested to get it. Very vicious looking to me."

He started playing around again. "Hmm, would you be nervous if I was as scary looking as that polar bear?"

"Should I start running now?" I started laughing again.

"Three seconds head start," he held up three fingers. "Three, two..."

I started running around the corner to the back of the building again, not running fast, but jogging. His pacing footsteps were catching up and he grabbed me and picked me up.

"Fear me!" he growled while still holding me above the ground.

"You're crazy!" I yelled while he kept making me laugh every minute.

Someone overheard us and from what we said, it was easily taken the wrong way because I heard Joey's voice, yelling something of concern.

"Let go of her, you fuckhead!" he shouted. I saw him rushing toward us and at the sight of him, I smacked my forehead.

Oli froze and turned to Joey. "Who the hell is that?"

"My stupid 'bodyguard' of a neighbor," I groaned. "Joey, I'm-"

"I'll save you, Aliya!" he threw me over his shoulder and ran back into the building.

"Put me down, you dumbass!" I angrily hit his back, but he ignored me. Oli mouthed me something, but I couldn't read his lips. Hopefully, he saw my apologetic look before the doors closed.

Back inside, Joey finally set me down on a seat in the corner. "That was close."

I hit the back of his head. "What the fuck was that about?"

"He was about to rape you!" he said. "You're lucky I came there in time."

"Do you realize how stupid you can be sometimes?" I sighed. "He wasn't going to rape me, we were joking around. I made great friends with a singer of a band, but you took it the wrong way."

"Well, your parents would've killed me," he retorted. "I freaked out, okay?"

"Freaked out too much!" I said. My back turned on him and I started heading back toward the entrance, but Joey wouldn't let me.

"You're staying here," he told me. "I still don't trust him."

"You listen to his music," I crossed my arms.

"Okay, yeah, but it's better to be safe than sorry," he sounded more dumb than ever. "Alright?"

I slouched back on the chair and let out another irritated sigh. Weird how Joey's trying to "protect" me from sex when he doesn't even save himself. I tried thinking of a way to find Oli again without being stopped.

But I didn't have to find him. Instead, he found me.