Sequel: Assurance Closure

I'll Remember You

04

Brooke woke up the next morning in Oli's arms. She gave a content sigh. She pulled her head away from his chest slowly and sat up with her knees to her chest, looking down at the boy who had somehow worked his way into her heart. Her right hand played with his hair and the left was wrapped around her knees. Brooke smiled when his eyes fluttered open and his sleepy gaze met her awake one.

"Mornin." she said softly.

"Morning." he said sleepily back. he sat up and gave her a soft romantic kiss. When he pulled away, a smile was on her lips.

"Brooke, let's spend today in here. Just the two of us." Brooke smiled and nodded. Oli smiled back. He then lent in and began to kiss her again.When he pulled away, they were laying back down and he rested his head on her chest, and she played with his hair again. Her stomach growled and Brooke blushed.

"Hungry, love?" Oli said smirking.

"Actually I am thankyouverymuch Mr. Sykes" she smiled and lent forward to kiss his nose.

After she pulled away he wrinkled it and stuck his tongue out. they lay there for twenty more minutes, just enjoying being in each others arms. Oli's stomach growled and they both laughed.

"I guess we order room service now." Brooke said untangling herself from Oli and the sheets. She walked over to the desk and got the menu. She then sat back down on the bed and Oli wrapped his arms around her body. His lips were pressed against her shoulder.

"Pancakes?" she asked him softly.

"Yeah." she smiled and picked up the phone and ordered two orders.

"No. No bacon."
"No sausage either."
"I'm a vegetarian."
"Yeah."
"Okay thanks."
she hung up the phone and Oli pulled her back into a laying position.

Brooke laughed. She never thought that she could feel this comfortable around someone. Brooke turned her head and their lips were connected again. His hands were at her neck and hers were entwined in his hair. He started to kiss now her neck, his lip ring still giving her shivers.

"Oli...don't start something that you can't finish." she murmured. She felt him smile against her neck and went back to her lips. When they parted he was laying on her again. They just stayed like that, in a blissfully happy silence. There was soon a knock on the door and Brooke heard Oli groan. She laughed softly and he rolled off of her. She walked to the closet and donned a robe. She checked to make sure that Oli was in the bed, and he was, facing the window. She grinned at him and opened the door. There stood the bell boy, pushing the cart with the food.

"M'am are you going to have this charged to your room?"

"Ye-"

"No. I'll pay for it love." Oli said walking up behind her and wrapping his arms around her torso. Not so much possessively, just enough so the guy would stop staring at his girl. The much younger guy looked down and nodded. Oli handed him the money and a slight tip, and Brooke pulled the cart into the room and shut the door

"What was that?"

"What do you mean?" she paused and then a smile came across her face.

"Oh my god! You were jealous."

"Was not."

"Yes you were!" Brooke giggled. and Oli sighed.

"He was staring at you."

"Oli, I'm clad in only a robe. I'd be offended if he didn't stare at me."she laughed and shook her head. They both sat on the bed and ate.

"So, you're sure that you're going to leave once you finish here with your grandmother."

"Oli..." Brooke said in a tired voice.

"I'm sorry Brooke, I like you."

"Oli, I would love to stay here. But I just can't pick up my life and move it here. Who knows
how long this thing will last?"

"What do you mean, "I just can't pick up my life and move here. Who knows how long this thing will last?"? I'd try hard to make it last. And you've moved around before!"

"Yes, but all around the states. Never to a different country. Why can't we just enjoy what we have right now?"

"Why?"

"Because I don't want to be some random fuck for you. I want to be with you Oli, I do. You're unlike any boy I've ever met." Brooke was looking down and suddenly the phone was ringing.

"Hello?"
"Y-yes."
"I'll be right over."


"Oli, I've got to go." she said her voice strained.

"Brooke-"

"Oli. Please this isn't the time." she said harshly and went to the bathroom, taking a quick shower. When she got out she went straight to the drawers that held her clothes. She pulled out all clean ones and Oli watched her, confused about what had happened.

"Oli, I've got to go." she said again. He sighed and got dressed. They both left together.

"Brooke will I be able to see you again?"

"I don't know. You have my number still?"

"Yeah."

"You might need to keep it. I'm probably going back soon."

"But you-"

"You can't fucking predict when people are going to die Oli. They just fucking do." she said harshly. Oli was taken aback.

"Sorry." she looked down

"No I'm sorry Oli, I'm just worried." he took her hand and they walked to the hospital where her grandmother was being kept.

"So if this ends badly, you go back to the states?"

"Yeah. I go home."

"I don't want to call that your home. Because your home is where you're happiest."

"How do you know that I'm not the happiest there?"

"Because you wouldn't be sad about leaving here."

Brooke took a deep breath when she walked into the hospital. Oli still had her hand. She walked to the room where her grandmother was supposed to be.

"Miss Richards?"

"yes?"

"how is the deceased related to you?"

"Grandmother on my mom's side."

"Do you want us to make funeral arrangements?"

"No. Just cremate her and I'll take care of the rest"

"Alright. You can pick up her ashes in three days."

"Thank-you." the doctor walked away and Brooke sighed.

"So you'll be gone by the end of the week?" Oli asked quietly.

"Yeah."

"That's not fair."

"Oli. I have to. I have to move on."

"So you're just going to forget about me?"

"Oli, I couldn't do that if I wanted to." their sad eyes locked and Brooke was the first to look away.

She sighed.

"Oli. We're making it harder than it should be. I'm going to leave and you'll stay the same. You'll still have your band. You'll still have fame. And you'll still have one nighters. So, let's just save each other the pain and stop right now." she said looking him in the eyes. Her voice was sad and soft.

"I don't want to." he whispered, sadly.

"It's what's best."

"Why?"

"Because we can't date across the continents. It wouldn't work."

"You could move here."

"Oli. You'll be on tour often. And I'll be sitting alone. I don't want that. I'm...not ready for that."

They both sighed.

"I'll come see you when you come to America, okay?" she said softly.

"Okay." he said back. they both kissed each other softly. A romantic lingering kiss.

"Good bye Oli."

"'Bye Brooke." they kept their hands connected as long as they could before the distance pulled them apart.
♠ ♠ ♠
yeah, it's only been one day.

but truth be told, the story is already finished. I might update again later today.

that is, if I have time with all the fun shenanigans that Wesley and I will get into.

XD

comments and subscriptions are very nice. they convince me to update more. : )