Sequel: Assurance Closure

I'll Remember You

06

A year and a half later found Brooke walking around the streets of New York. She was on her way to work. She had just got on her computer and then her boss called her in.

"Brooke."

"Yes, Mr. Simmons?"

"There's this band coming in from Sheffield, England. I was hoping you could cover them.

This is their second time to the states. They're that screamo stuff that you like."

"Alright I cover them."

"Great."

"What's the name of the band?"

"Oh right, the band. Let me think....Bring Me....something...."

"Bring Me The Horizon?" she asked softly.

"Yes that's it!" he said snapping his fingers. Brooke felt all the color drain from her face, but she kept her professional smile.

"When is it?"

"In three days, is that enough time?" 'eternity wouldn't be enough time' she thought to herself.

"Of course it's enough time."

"Great. Thank you so much Brooke. I don't believe that we have any other photographers who can do this job as well as you could."

"Thank-you sir." she smiled and walked out of the office.

When Brooke got to her office, she shut the door and sat down, blocking any entry. She let the fact that she was going to see Oli for the first time in 18 months sink in. She hoped that he would remember her, just like he said he would, but then again, it had been 18 months.

Brooke didn't even realize that she was crying until she saw black water droplets on the tile. The dark haired woman sighed and grabbed tissues and wiped up the mascara and eyeliner stained droplets. She wiped her eyes and then re-did her eye make-up. There was a knock at the door and she opened it confused.

There in all his tattooed glory stood Oliver Sykes.

"Brooke, I've sent in that band. They came because they said they wanted to meet their photographer. I hope that it isn't a problem" her bosses voice called out over the intercom.

She walked over to her desk and pressed the button,

"No, Mr. Simmons, it's fine."

"Great."

Brooke stood awkwardly at her desk and then Curtis and Lee filed in after Oli.

"So..." She said awkwardly

"Brooke?" Oli asked quietly.

"Yes Oli?"

"Is it you?"

"What do you mean?"

"You heard me, is it you?" Lee looked at him like he was crazy.

"Mate, have you met this girl before?"

"Yeah. A year an a half ago." Curtis suddenly looked like he remembered her.

"Lee! That's the girl that Oli really liked, Remember, when she left he was moping around for weeks." Both Oli and Brooke looked down, blushing slightly.

"Holy shit! That is her, isn't it?"

"Moving along," she said hurriedly, "I guess you already know that I'm going to be your photographer here in New York. If you need any help getting around anywhere, or if you need help finding something don't hesitate to ask. I'll give you my cell number..." she started to give them their card when she reached Oli,he wouldn't take it.

"Is it the same number as before?" he asked her, his eyes boring into hers.

"Yes."

"Then I still have it." discreetly Lee and Curtis left the room.

"Oh really? So why, then, pray tell, haven't you called?"

"I wouldn't know what to say...."

"That doesn't matter! You could've just called to say hi. or that you miss me, or that you wanted to see me. It wouldn't've mattered Oliver. All that would've mattered is that you called." he flinched at the use of his real name.

"Look. I'm sorry-"

"Sorry doesn't always help Oliver!"

"Please stop calling me Oliver."

"Why? Isn't that your name?"

"I much prefer when you call me Oli." she sighed tiredly

"Whatever Oliver. Look, it's not my fault that you didn't keep in contact with me."

"You're the one who left!" he said frustrated

"Why should I have stayed? It's not like you would've changed. Dammit, don't make it out to
be my fault. You knew damn well that I would have to come back here. MY life is here."

"You could've made your life with me!"

"Why should I have to change my lifestyle to fit into yours? That's not fair. And don't you dare tell me that you love me, because that would be complete bullshit."

"Why?! Why would that be a lie?!"

"Because Oliver Sykes, you don't stop communication with a person you supposedly love!"

Tears were forming in her eyes again. Oli stepped forward and wiped one escaped tear away with his index finger knuckle.

"Brooke Richards, I'm sorry. I know that I deserve everything that you're saying. But I also know that we spend an amazing week together. And if I spent the rest of my life like that then I would be happy. I wouldn't need all this fame." she looked down, the tears almost escaping.

"Why should I believe you? You told me before that you cared and would keep in contact and you didn't. I don't want to be hurt again, I really don't." he sighed.

"Are you still a vegetarian?"

"Of course."

"Will you have dinner with me then?" she looked at him, her blue eyes searching his hazel ones. She sighed, looking down.

"Fine....I'm picking the place though. I think I know New York better than you do." she said softly. a grin broke out over Oli's face.

"Thank-you Brooke, you won't regret this, I promise." she looked him in the eyes sadly.

"That's what you said last time."

:X:X:X:X:X:X:X:X:X:X:X:

That night Brooke got ready for her date with Oli. She went to his hotel room and he answered.

"Ready?"

"Yeah." they walked out and walked down a few blocks to the restaurant.

"So how have you been Brooke? Any guys or anything?" he tried to sound casual.

"Not really. Nothing serious at least."

"Oh."

They sat there in awkward silence.

"Brooke, I'm sorry. I'm a dick for not calling. I told you I would, but I just didn't want to make things awkward or harder for you." she sighed.

"I guess I understand that Oli. It's just...." she looked down.

"I've missed you." she heard him intake air.

"I've missed you too Brooke."
♠ ♠ ♠
so another update.

in all honesty, this is already finished.

hmmm....

tell me your thoughts?