Suicide Notes and Butterfly Kisses

Scream

Shayne's heart thumped furiously in her chest. Her eyes were sown shut. Tears stained her red cheeks as they ran down her face. Everything fell silent for the moment, the crying and the piercing sounds of screams had stopped. Shy became lost in her thoughts as she realized she was alone. She was going to die, die in that god forsaken storage closet with her knees tightly to her chest.

She wiped the tears from her eyes, not giving a shit about her make up. She took deep breathes and slowly made it to the door with shaky hands. She put her ear to the door with caution and held the knob in her left hand, ready to turn and make a run for it.

She waited patiently, for anything, voices, movement, but there was nothing. She turned with prudence and peered to her left, finding nothing but motionless rubbish. Shayne knelt vigilant in fear of what may lay on the other end as she pushed the door out wider. A pair of forceful voices were heard in the distance, then.

BANG! BANG!

She screamed in complete terror and flew to back wall of the storage room slamming the door infront of her. She heard screams of agony, and became teary eyed. The screams seemed familiar but Shy was in to much of shock to realize who it was.

After a while the echoes of the gunshots and screams simmered into the walls resuming its silence. Shy heard heavy foots steps come from outside the closet. She quickly fixed to the wall as the door knob turned. Shy's heart thumped its way to her throat and the air began to thicken beneath her breath. Trauma started to settle in; Shy became anxious and began to scrap the walls with her fingernails.

As the door knob reached its turning point, the door swung wide open crashing into the wall behind it. Shayne jumped in fear of death and quickly began to pleaded for her life in big sobs. Her voice turned scratched and hoarse as she cried.

"PLEASE! PLEASE DONT KILL..." she choked holding her hands in the air. The sun shone through the window opposite the storage closet, blurring her vision.

With no mercy Shayne was grabbed by her brown locks and was thrown out of the storage closet with full force. She hit the wall below the window with a big thud, managing to hit the wall, head first. As she turned onto her side to lie on her back, she began to groan at the painful throbbing surging through her skull. It seemed so hard to breathe and her bump on her head had denied her vision more.

She heard this man mumble words, but she was more worried about her head. Shayne looked up to the ceiling to watch a man with dark clothing, heavy boots and what looked like a shot gun hang from across his shoulder, tower over her.

Shy froze in complete terror at the sight of the gun. Fearing death and everything that came with it.

"Why what do we have herrrre?" the man retorted scoring a southern ascent.

"Please, d-don't kill me" she whispered, taking in lungs full of air, "i-i, i-i'll, just please! Don't kill me!" she pleaded not knowing what else to say.

"What makes you so special ha?! Why should I spare you your life?" he questioned, laughing at her childish behavior. He drew his shotgun from his shoulder and aimed it square between her eyes.

Even though Shy's vision was denied, she knew what that was, and she freaked.

"AHH! I'LL DO ANYTHING! FUCK PLEASE! JUST GET THAT THING AWAY FROM ME!" she sobbed holding her hands above her head.

He laughed devilishly sending chills down her spine. He smiled wickedly at the ceiling, slowly hanging the shot gun over his shoulder once again. It was like she'd told him the most ridiculous thing he had ever heard in his life. Shayne's eyes were filled to the brim with salt water and her mouth was thick with saliva. She was so taken over; it was like she was completely gone. She kept whispering over and over 'pleasepleasedon'tkillmepleasedon't'.

"Anything?" he questioned, shifting his weight from side to side. He knelt down over her, staring into her big, brown, water filled eyes. He was so close to Shy's face, she could smell his horrid breath. "Anything" he repeated with a wide grin.

Shy wasn't stupid, she knew what he wanted. Shy again lost herself in her thoughts thinking if she could, she would grab his shotgun and take her life herself.

'Anything', what a fucking retarded word', she thought.

He laughed that wicked laugh of his and got off of her. Shy remained glue to floor with her hands over her face. She lay there dead to the world as she heard him lit what she thought was a cigarette. She heard the scratch of the matchstick as he struck against the course of the match box, hearing him burn through cigarette and his loud exhale.

She grew tried of the mental torment and counted down from 10, deciding to make a run for it at 1, never mind the gun. She parted from her hands and out of fright jumped off the floor and bolted for the push doors of the gym.

Her eye sight was blurry in a way and her irregular breathing weren't helping at all. She was only a few meters away from the red doors when she heard another enormously loud gunshot explode in her direction. The ceiling in front of her came crushing down, and she screamed at the top of her voice, shaking furiously.

She tried to stop her acceleration but slid on a wet surface, colliding with the rubble. She finally stops realising she's on her stomach. Shy sneezed multiple times which later followed with a cough.

She wiped her eyes quickly and heard her name being called out from the left corner of the hall. This voice was so familiar, she just couldn't put her finger on it.

She was in a state of shock, and was shaking like a madman. The air was filled with a soft white powder along with the heavy dust from the ceiling. She managed somehow to crawl to the side.

"Shy..." the voice repeated.

She finally looked up to find the last person she thought would be there. She thought, 'of all people to met at a time like this'.

"G-Gerard?"