Suicide Notes and Butterfly Kisses

Early Sunsets Over Monroeville

The last they saw of Frost, he was cowering in the corner of the Geography Lab, babbling about how he didn’t want to be alone.

“Godspeed” Rachel whispered as she closed the door softly. In a single file they ran corners and dodged lockers. They came to the second floor without any trouble. Ray held them down the fight if stairs with the gun aimed out in front of him, Rachel followed close behind Gerard hunched over Shy who were follow Frank.

It was obviously dark and it was hell of a job trying to see where they were going and who was who. The situation became hostile and intense as a heavy voice and loud whimpering began to disrupt the silence of the night.

“Please, please, please!” a young girl wined and she was dragged by her dirty blonde hair to a set of paint peeled yellow lockers. Ray stopped everyone and peered around the corner.

“Suffer the little children,” said a large man with his right fingers tangled in her hair and the other holding a silver gun that shone through some outside light. “Life is full of fruitful surprises, this my dear, ain’t one of them.” The girl appear to be 13, 14, with tears like rain and the most terrorifed expression on her face.

The man cocked his gun with his thigh and aimed it to her head. “Just hold on right there MOTHER FUCKER! Leave her alone” Ray said jumping into sight.

Ray listened to the voice conversation from the beginning and had a blind spot for this girl even though ray didn’t know her entirely. Rachel beckoned Ray not to do anything rash. But Ray being Ray, he wouldn't listen.

The large man was startled by Ray’s reaction and in coming out of nowhere. “Who the fuck are you!?” the man asked in fury.

“You’re worst nightmare fucker” Ray replied cheekily

Everyone was amazed in the darkness at how Ray was holding up especially Frank; he was never the ‘take life by the balls’ guy, ever. He was always quiet, nothing out of the ordinary except for the obsession with guns, but hey, every boy wanted one, except for his 18th birthday his dad took him on a hunting trip and gave him one as a birthday present, he came back with a trophy "BEST SHOOTER OF THE SEASON". He wasn’t weird, Okay maybe just a little bit.

The large man giggled softly under his breath. “Bravery will get you nowhere son, it will only get you killed," he said raising his gun in Ray’s direction as he finished his line.

The blonde wriggled violently under the man’s grip, but he wouldn’t budge. He just kicked her in the ribs. “Pipe down SLUT! Keep still or I’ll shot you!”

“The only person that’s going to get shot today is you!” Ray cursed pulling the trigger twice hitting the large man in the chest by fluke. The man seemed too be nailed to the floor in agony and was in fits of screaming pain. The blonde girl ran from his grip to Ray wrapping her arms around his waist falling to her knees.

Tears ran cruelly down her face, Rachel came out of hiding and hugged Ray tightly; giving her back to high jacker. “Don’t ever give me a heart attack like that ever again you heard me?” Rachel warned with tears in her eyes. “I can’t belie-…”

BANG BANG!

Rachel gasped for air and fell to her knees; clutching onto Rays shirt.

“NO!” Ray screamed shoving the blonde to the side and finishing off the high jacker. “Aunt Rachel! No! Please! I’m so sorry. l-listen to me, I’m going to get you out of here, I p-promise, if Gerard can do it so can you…” even thought that everyone knew it would be impossible, Ray seemed determined.

Tears streamed down her face as she saw the determination in her nephew’s eyes, she knew he meant well, she knew that he didn’t meant for people to get hurt, She knew it wasn’t his fault, and she knew it will kill him inside for the rest of his life to know that his aunt died because of his rash decision. Rachel choked on blood before interrupting Ray, she coughed gently accdiently spraying a few droplets of blood onto Ray's face.

She smiled faintly, “No, y-you listen to me… i-its not your fault, get these people out of here safetly, okay? I love you baby, send my regards to mom and dad, tell them I love them.”

Ray choke on sobs, he didn’t want to answer. “Carry on my wayward son. There’ll be peace when you are done. Lay your weary head to rest d-don’t you cry n-no more…” Ray squeezed her hands and cried uncontrollable as she recited his favorite song lyrics by Kansas.

Her hands began to wither of its warmth and her muscles began less tense, then she finally let go.

And she was gone.

[for some reason, i enjoyed killing Rachel, mwaha! lol.]