Suicide Notes and Butterfly Kisses

Agony

Ray let go of Rachel slowly laying her down on the floor. He stood above her with tears that felt like acid, burning through the sides of his cheeks. Ray’s feelings became complicated as he looked down on her motionless body. He didn't know what to feel as the emptiness of her death swept over him.

Gerard, Frank and Shayne came out of hiding with feared hearts. Shy and Gerard dropped down to be at level with Rachel. Shy ran her finger tips down Rachel’s cheek in disbelief, she thought moments like these were cliché. She thought moments like these were so rare that you’d never think it would happen to you. But as she experience a moment of despair and sorrow, things she thought weren’t possible became a distant memory.

Gerard was lost, his eyes were wide and bloodshot; Gerard wanted to say something but nothing came out. He denied the torture in his shoulder for a minute and squeezed onto Shy’s hand tightly, which she replied to by doing the same. He redirected his gaze up to Ray quickly wiping his tears.

“R-Ray…” Gerard spoke.

“No, don’t even say it…” Ray seethed cutting him off. Frank came running out of nowhere and wrapped his arms around Ray’s waist in a tight hold. Ray tried fighting Frank’s embrace but after a while he couldn’t find it in him. Ray finally turned around and held onto Frank for dear sanity.

The blonde girl sat with her knees to her chest and her arms around her legs. She was astounded at what had occurred in the few minutes that just passed.

“I didn’t mean to…” she trailed off looking astray rocking back and fourth shaking her head softly. “I-I, I never, I didn’t mean to...”

Everyone lifted their stare in her direction and watched her intently. She looked up at Ray with the most sympathetic eyes. Ray turned away from her and finally pushed Frank to the side, he walked over to the now dead high jacker and ripped of the AK-47 off his shoulder. Ray walked around him ignoring the stares of his friends and grabbed the man's silver gun from his left.

Ray sniffed and rubbed his nose roughly with his palm. He took a deep breath and glanced at the questionable faces around his Aunt.

“Her last wishes was to get you guys out of here.” Ray said as if it were automated, it didn’t even sound like Ray.

“But how? We’re not just going to just leave her here…” Frank finally spoke.

“We don’t have a choice.” Ray argued.

“Yes we do…” Shy seconded in.

“Okay fine! Let’s just wait around here till someone picks us up, or even better lets wait around get shot, together!” Ray snapped. “Doesn’t that sound absolutely peachy?”

“Bastard!” Gerard cursed, “We know you just lost someone you love okay, you don’t need to have a bitch about it and take it out on everyone! We’ve all lost someone before and know what it feels like!"

“Do you now!” Ray retorted, “Did you hear them die from someone, or did you witness it first hand?” The corridor went quiet and silent draggers where thrown across the room.

“Enough!” Frank yelled. “We won’t get anywhere like this. Gerard apologize to Ray and Ray do the same for Shy, both of you had no right to do that to each other. We can cry and fight all we want when we’re out of here, but now we have to focus on getting out! Snap back to reality people… Please.” Frank pleaded.

Sorries where exchanged by eye contact and the tension level began to ease once again.

“Now, what’s you name?” Frank asked politely to the blonde.

“My… I’m Amelia, Amelia Peters” she said with a faint smile as Frank helped her up.