Suicide Notes and Butterfly Kisses

Secrets

“Ray, Ray, Ray,” Sam cooed. “You of all people should have figured it out.”

“What are you talking about?”

“Don’t play stupid, the son of a chain serial killer, c’mon Mr. Benjamin Toro, that motherfucker out gave the cops a run for their money for 13 years …”

Ray began to panic and held his grip on Sam a little more tightly. He stole a gaze at his friends before bringing his death glare back to Sam, he made sure Sam read his body language correctly; his patience was running dry. He brought Sam closer and whispered clearly in his ear.

“Don’t you ever mention my father again,” Ray took a hold of his wooden stake a drove it across Sam wrists harshly, watching him cringe and whine. “And don’t get the impression that I’ve gotten soft on you either.”

“Ray?” Shy cooed. “Ray, what’s wrong? Are you really…”

“Not right now.” Ray returned firmly cutting her off.

Sam began to shudder softly; sweat dividing his face into fractions of light pink. He winced as he wound grazed along the course of the belt. Pain filled every inch of his body and his blood poured out of his deep cut at a rapid pace. His breathing began to quicken.

“Aw, w-what’s wrong Ray? You didn’t tell them?”

Ray didn’t say a word but instead place the sharp wooden stake at the end of the wound and ripped it open more in one motion. A sharp wail was released from Sam mouth, before he began to cry.

“B-but, don’t worry R-ray,” Sam reassured. “You’re not alone; you’re not the only one with a damned past.” Giving an indication to the onlookers behind him.

“Kill him Ray!” Frank yelled. “Kill him now before I do!”

Frank out of nowhere sprang out at Sam throwing his fist in his face as if he were never hurt. Shayne lashed out at Frank restraining him. Sam on the other hand groaned as he finally got back the feeling in his face.

“Frank Anthony Iero,” he introduced. “Age 15, specialty switchblades, caught high jacking 9 times at a younger age.”

“I’m 16 motherfucker!” Frank boiled.

“Raymond Toro, A witness to over 36 murders, and has a I.Q of over anyone of us in this room. Shayne May, s-she’s the sick one, she killed her parents in the basement of their suburban home and left them of over a week before they were finally found, that’s because the smell was unbearable…”

“Why you little!” Shy threw Frank to the side and whilst grabbing a hold of Sam by the shirt, kicked Ray to the side. Both Frank and Ray astonished to here her convictions, stood well out of her way.

“I don’t care who you are or how you know me, just tell us how to get out of here, or God help you, I will drive you face into the floor so many times that the tiles will be permanently imprinted to the sides of your face.”

“Ha! You don’t scare me!”

“Have it your way…”

She let him stand by himself, they stood there staring at each other then all of a sudden, Shy grasped his hair pulling him screaming to the ground. One after the other she bashed his head into the pool of blood beneath them, making blood splatter everywhere.

“Do you want to rethink your answer?” She asked Sam gingerly. Ray sat with his legs folded beneath him and a wide smirk appeared to dance along his face. “What’s that Sam? I can’t here you?”

A silent moan was heard from Sam direction. Red, blue and black were the colours that painted his face with pain, his face also was swollen and cut adding to the twinge.

“E-easss…”

Frank sat there in pure bliss, watching Shy take control, but at the same time taking everything in, like a little tape recorder.

“E-eass siee…”

“What!? East Side? Smart decision my friend.”

“B-b…B-bi…B-bitch,” Sam choked.

“Is that you’re last words?” Frank chuckled, even Ray could resisted.

Shy’s eyes widened and her face screwed up violently. She then towered over his kneeling body and paced her hands gently one at the top of his head and the other at his jaw. Without changing her facial expression she pulled her hands vehemently in the opposite direction. As the shin breaking sound cracked, everyone’s face lit up as satisfactory feeling was shared amongst themselves.

“East Side,” Ray sighed.

“East Side it is,” Frank finished as they sat quietly staring at each other.