Suicide Notes and Butterfly Kisses

This Is How It Will End

Shayne's eyes opened in an instant as Gerard's lips were subtracted. A single tear ran down her face to join many that have fallen before this moment. She cradled Gerard as he fell and slowly took him to the ground. Shy felt nothing, she felt numb as her heart began to crumble.

From the time the three shots were fired Shayne didn't bother looking up. Gerard lay motionless in her arms as she hosted him to her chest; she rested Gerard's head on her cheek and stroked his hair gently gnawing through her lip. Once the intoxicating smell of his hair hit registration, she began to bawl.

Shy screamed piercingly out of fear and frustration. She held him closer to her chest and let he tears fall freely, but something felt wrong. He was breathing? His chest moved in a simple motion which took shy by surprise, but she didn't question it, instead she sang softly in his ear.

She finally peered behind her still humming to find Bob face down on the floor, swimming in a pool of blood. She quickly wiped her eyes and got her focus back and looked again, her eyes had tricked her once before but this was real, that was Bob. "What the fuck" she spoke softly, "If Bob's dead, then who the…?"

"Ray?" she said with uncertainty to a figure that stood at the end of the hall. He was tall, and built, he wore blue jeans and a grey tee and had the most amazing afro.

"Shy!?" he replied giving her an indication that it was him. "Ray! G-Gee! HELP ME!" she cried supporting Gerard in her lap.

Ray ran from the end of the corridor toward Shayne. He knelt behind her to see the condition Gerard was in and he gasped. He quickly came around her and put his ear to Gerard's chest. To Rays surprise he was still breathing, 'Gerard was always a fighter' Ray thought to himself. "But didn't… but he… you fired and…" shy confused. "I didn't shoot him, I shot him" ray replied pointing at Bob.

"How did he get like this? how the hell did he get shot!?" Ray demanded expecting an answer from Shy. Shayne began to weaken at his words and started to cry again thinking more along the lines of a cynic.

'It's all your fault' she heard a voice screamed in her head. 'You should have been the one to die, not Gerard! It's all your FAULT!' Shy winced at its words as Ray pulled Gerard off her and slid him on his back. Once Gerard was off her she crawled into a ball and held her knees tightly to her chest.

"Shy i'm sorry, c'mon hun, we haven't got much time", Ray said rubbing her knee. He was always there for Shy, he was like a big brother to her and he was the only one shy confessed to, about Gerard. She cried harder as the voices got louder.

"Shayne! SNAP OUT OF IT! C'mon hun, my Aunt's in the Geography Lab, she'll fix Gerard, bubba but we haven't got much time, there's around 9-11 if them still around and we have to move." He's words jump started her heart, 'there might be hope for Gerard?' she thought. 'NO BITCH, YOU KILLED HIM!' The voice seemed to last before it withered away.

Shy swallow her sorriness and hurt at Ray's harsh words, but he was right. Ray helped her up and dried her eyes. Ray extended his hand and she held on tightly with laced fingers as they made their way for the Geography Lab.