Suicide Notes and Butterfly Kisses

HotCold

Ray, Gerard and Shayne made it to the Geography Lab safely picking up a stray along the way, Frank. He was another good friend of Ray, Shy didn’t know him that well and wasn’t in the mood of finding out either.

“Oh my…” Ms. Toro gasped, observing the state in which Gerard was in.

Frank held Shy as she fell on him, gradually giving into her panic attack. Ray slowly lower Gerard onto the table and ran back to the door twisting the lock and pinning and piece of cloth over the clear glass on the door.

Ray slumped heavily on the wall beside the door and slide to the floor. Frank braced as he let Shy down slowly with him still under her. She shivered violently at his cold touch as he tried his best to keep it at a minimum.

“W-what sh-should I do?” Frank questioned fast.

“Hold her in your arms tight but not to tight, or just touch her, reassure her things are going to be fine, try and calm her down while I work on Gerard for a sec, thanks Hun” Ms. Toro said in the most layed back tone. 'Great just what i wanted' Frank thought sarcastically.

Frank sat there with wide over glossed eyes; he slowly peered toward Shy who was now bawling in his arms intensely. He moved backward to rest himself in a corner and leisurely transferred Shy between his legs. Frank himself was nervous and felt awkward about the whole touching thing.

Frank sluggishly wrapped his arms around Shy’s waist and surprisingly she did the same.

“Shhh” he whispered in her ear, attempting to find words to try to settle her and himself down. He sniffed at the thought of telling her ‘everything will be fine’, but he knew that wasn’t true.

In the meanwhile, Ms. Toro cleaned out Gerard’s wound with what was left of the bottle of antiseptic. Surprisingly she thought she would find a bullet embedded in his flesh but found nothing but an enormous chunk of flesh missing from his arm.

“There’s some good news and there’s some bad news, which one first?” she queered.

“Good” Ray replied lost in his own world.

“The bullet that hit Gerard only grazed his skin, I managed to stop the bleeding and stitch him up.” She returned.

Ray cringed as she pronounced the word 'stitch' as he too shared the same fear and needles as did Gerard.

“And the bad” he said swallowing hard.

“Blood, he’s probably passed out because of what he lost. I’m not sure, that’s all I can say from the looks of it…” She said wiping her hand on a linen cloth.

“Ma-Ma-Ms. Toro” Frank stuttered with tears in his eyes. “I-I, I-I”

She quickly made it to Frank’s side and brushed his cheek with her knuckles and took Shy from him. Frank was amazed at how calm she was and had a small bit of envy wash over him.

“Have you done this before?” Frank asked out of nowhere. Ray didn’t really pay much attention; he just sat there staring at Gerard.

“No, why do you say that?” she posed

“Your so calm” he sniffed bring his knees tightly to his chest.

While talking she lay Shayne flat on her back and stroked her forehead and held her hand securely, which remarkably eased her anxiety. Shy began to brake into weary sleep.

“I guess.” She paused, cradling Shy closer to Gerard. “I seem to be most calm in hostel situations. But don’t get me wrong, I'm just as scared as you are.” She said with a faint smile.

“Umm, Ms. Toro” Frank enquired.

“Hey kid, call me Rachel, Ms. Toro make me sound so much more older than I already am,” she joked breaking the tension. They both smiled and giggled softly.

“Sure, Rachel, call me Frankie,” he said extending out his hand.