Suicide Notes and Butterfly Kisses

Back from the Dead

"Shhh!!!" Ray shrieked as he saw a figure pass by the door.

"Everyone hit the wall" Rachel hushed. Shy grabbed onto Gerard and heaved him to the side without argument. Gerard hissed in pain as she dragged him across the floor to the wall aligned with the door, everyone pressed their backs onto the wall except for one, Ray.

Ray stood in front of the door with the gun readily aimed at the aluminum handle. He watched anxiously yet patiently for a while, everything fell to the very familiar silence, which in that short time everyone came accustomed too. The intense breathing hit it's all time high, as nothing seemed to appear.

Ray began to take his guard down when they all a sudden a loud hard "BANG!" on the door erupted from nowhere.

"HELP ME! Anyone! Please! I see you, I see your shadow! Please help me!" a voice bawled out leaning heavily on the door, Ray was in so much shock he just stood there motionless with his gun aimed shakily at the handle. "PLEASE! SOMEONE! ANYONE! They’re coming! Please!"

"Ray!" Frank called out, "we have to help him".

Ray looked at Frank questionably, and without reason he opened the door. A young boy flew in; Ray spun around him and closed the door pressing his back hard against it.

The boy kicked away from the door while on his back. His voice hoarse and his eyes bloodshot. His skin appeared slit across his cheek and sustained heavy bruising at his left eye.

One he reached the opposite wall he brought his knees to his chest and laid his head on his arms. The rest looked at him as if I were too hard to believe, especially Frank. He saw this guy get shot; at least he thought he saw him get shot.

"Who are you?" Frank asked randomly.

The guy whimpered a reply. "Frost, Frost Simmons"

"I thought you were shot" Frank interrogated.

"I thought so too. All I remember was falling to the ground in pain, I woke up lying in a pool of blood next to a couple of dead bodies." Frost’s eyes began to water and fall down his cheek. "I woke up next to my dead girlfriend. I've been hiding ever since."

"Who are you guys?" he asked. Everyone sat there just staring at each other.

"I’m Frank."

"I’m Ray."

"I'm Shy and this is Gerard."

"I’m Rachel, the school's nurse."

Everything sustained a long silence, heavy footsteps and loud curses ran down the hallway. After a long while things seemed to turn back to normal, they sat silently yawning and hungry. "Well here we go again... day two... today we'll try at least to move, or to get out of here when night falls, okay?" Rachel sighed peering out the window again, to the trained officials.

Everybody slowly peered toward her they nodded understandingly.