‹ Prequel: Move

Gone

I'm Coming

I stared out of the suite's large windows. The sun was going down. It was just barely sundown.

Jack came up behind me and rested his hand on my shoulder. I looked over my shoulder at him.

"Are you ready, Alyssa?" he asked.

I gave a brief nod.

"Are you alright?"

I nodded again. "I'm fine."

He forced a grin. "We'll manage to get through this, Alyssa. We're all by your side. Do you still have those guns?"

I pushed back my jacket and showed him the four guns that were attached to my belt.

Jack nodded as I released my jacket. "We're going to save them, Alyssa, and we're going to kill Peter. And throughout the process, we are going to keep you safe. That's my number one priority."

I sighed. "It's not mine."

Jack frowned. "Alyssa, if we get Riley and them out of there and not you, then there's really not a point of saving them."

I looked at him. "Five lives do not compare to one."

Jack jerked and placed himself forward. "Your life is far more important. Without you, our world may not exist. You may not realize this, Alyssa, but you are the reason that our secret isn't out. You have the Destroyers too scared to reveal our secret. If you die then they will without a doubt reveal us."

I hesitated for a second while looking out the window. I looked back at him. "Wow."

Jack nodded. "Yeah. Now you see why you can't die."

I nodded. "Now I do."

Jack calmed down. "Okay. So, are you ready to go?"

I nodded again. I turned around to face the center of the suite. "Alright everyone!" Everyone came from around the suite and came to the center. Tad and Tyler jumped from the top of the stairwell leading to the bedrooms and they both landed on the couch softly. I shook my head at them. Everyone else relaxed and waited for me to start.

"We are about to go. Now, hopefully you all know the plan." Everyone nodded. I looked at Justin. "You stay by me along with," I looked at Edward, "you," I looked at Cassidy, "you," and at Sam, "you," and then at Brittany, "and you."

They all nodded.

Edward leaned against the couch with his arms folded. "We know the plan, Alyssa. We kill anyone in our path. If we don't have the power to do it ourselves then we help each other."

Justin was seated in the middle of the couch. "I'm the main thing to help everyone."

I nodded. "But you are also the main thing we have to protect while you are protecting us. That's why you stay in the center, behind me."

He nodded.

Tobey spoke up as he stood next to Edward. "Then once we are done manslaughtering, Eve will get you, me, and the others past the rest of the enemies while we save the hostages and get your powers back."

I nodded again. "I'm glad you were listening."

Tobey shrugged. "I'm an old man. This is just another thrill in my life. You seem to bring that apon me."

I smiled at him and looked at Cassidy. "You are going to be one of the most powerful people in this battle. I need you to stay either behind me with Justin or off to one of my sides."

She sighed. "That's what I get for being related to you."

I smiled again. "Now listen up everyone, whatever happens I must say that you have all made a big impact on my life." I looked at Justin, Tad, Tyler, Angela, Pyro, and RJ. "Even you five have because you are each one of the many Protectors that will be by my side. I thank you."

I looked at everyone elses face for a brief moment. Every single one of them. Edward, Cassidy, Jack, Sam, Tobey, Brittany, and Eve. They all looked at me with promising and sad looks on their faces.

"You seven have probably made the biggest impact on my life. Without you, there wouldn't have been a future for me. And for that I thank you with everything I have, which at the moment isn't that much. So, thank you."

Tobey sighed. "No need to get sappy on us now. We aren't dead yet."

"Yet," Sam repeated.

I nodded slightly. "Alright, we better go."

Jack came back up to my side. I started walking towards the closet next to the main door. I reached it with Jack behind me. I opened it and pulled out two bullet proof vests. Edward came up behind Jack. I tossed him the vest. He caught it and looked at it.

"Are you serious?" he asked.

I nodded. "Do you want to die?"

He shook his head. "No thanks."

I nodded as he unbuttoned his top shirt and revealed his white tank top. He slung the vest over his head and buckled it around him.

I did the same. I took off my top shirt and revealed my black tank top. before putting on the vest, I quickly pulled my hair back into a high ponytail. I then placed the vest over my head and fastened the gun holster back around my waist.

Jack looked at me. "Ready?"

I nodded.

"Eve," he said.

Eve came quickly over to us. "Yeah?"

"Are you ready to transport us there?" Jack asked.

She nodded. She looked at me. "Good luck, Alyssa."

"Don't wish me good luck."

"Hey," she said, "you need it more than I do."

I gave a small smile. Eve turned back around to face everyone.

"Now, I need everyone to hold onto each other. This is the biggest load I've teleported." Eve said.

I looked at Jack. He sighed and pulled out his cell phone and very quickly dialed a number. Someone atomatically answered.

"We're ready," he said. Then he hung up.

He put the phone back in his pocket. "The others are ready," he said looking at me.

I nodded. My feet anxiously moved me back over to the living room and next to Eve. I placed my hand on her shoulder. She looked over her shoulder at me. She forced a small smile. I did too.

Everyone else placed their hands on Eve. Two hands fell on my own back. I didn't bother to look back to see who it was.

"Is everyone ready?" I asked.

"Aye, Captain Alyssa," Sam said.

I smiled and shook my head. "Lets go."

Eve closed her eyes and closed them hard. She pressed her lids together. She started trembling. I was about to ask her if she was okay when everything turned black and then we were out of the hotel and standing on dirt.

Eve opened her eyes and I released my hand from her shoulder. I pursed my lips as I looked around. We were in a dirt lot with no one but ourselves around. I looked back at Jack.

"This is where Peter wanted us."

I looked over at the sun. It was just barely all the way down. I spun around. There was no humanity anywhere in sight.

All of the sudden I heard something coming at us from behind. It sounded like a million footsteps.

"Relax," Jack said. "It's just the others."

And within seconds, about one hundred more people came before me, not a single one panting from them running. Some of them came swooping out of the sky. They all looked like humans, but by now I should have known that not a single one of them was.

There was an invisible line between them and me and the others. Jack stood on their side. I nodded to the new group and backed up to them. Edward and the others backed up making the formation we discussed.

Edward came to left side with Sam and my right. Cassidy moved directly behind me with Justin behind her. Brittany was next to Cassidy and behind Edward. The new group edged around our formation and we created a giant rectangle. I looked at the others behind me. Tobey, Eve, Tad, Tyler, and Jack were all behind Justin. RJ, Angela, and Pyro were on either side of Justin. I nodded back at Jack. He nodded back.

I turned myself around and faced the open lot that was before us. No one was in sight. Everyone behind me stayed dead silent.

We waited for several minutes, staying completely silent with our breath low, for anything to happen. Several seconds later the ground seemed to be moving. Everyone atomatically looked down. I looked back at Jack for an explanation.

"He's taking us underground!" he shouted over the noise of people balancing and the ground quivering.

I turned back around to face the ground before my feet. "God damn me for having the power to phase."

Edward looked over at me and smiled. "God damn Peter for taking the power from you."

I rose my eyebrows.

Two seconds later, we all began falling down through the ground. I did a backflip through the ground and I let out a silent scream. Justin came up behind me and caught me. We came out of the ground and landed on more dirt ground. Justin landed on his feet just like everyone else behind and around him. He slowly dropped me back on my own feet. I looked over at Edward and Brittany was setting him down. They weren't lying when they said they'd protect us.

I fixed my balance issue and looked around. We were in an underground cave. It was a huge cave and about three stories underground. Electric lights were attached to the stone walls and even several lights were over our heads. The cave roof was high. I felt that was good because Tad and Tyler would need it to turn into whatever they were.

I ignored that thought and looked forward. The first face I saw was Peter. He was grinning like a baby that just got a popsicle. About another hundred or so people were behind him in a fighting stance. You could tell they were Destroyers because they all looked evil. Whether it was teh way they looked at us or the way they held their bodies, they looked evil.

I pursed my lips and gave Peter a cold hard stare. This was where it began.

Cassidy looked over at me. I didn't look at her. She focused on my eyes.

Alyssa, I heard in my head.

I flinched and looked at her. It wasn't her voice in my head. That voice was my husband's. That was Riley. I continued looking at Cassidy.

I'm teleporting my thoughts through Cassidy, Riley said to me.

Okay, I thought.

We are in the back. Please hurry, your father won't make it much longer.

I looked back at Peter. I'm coming for you, Riley.

I know, Alyssa. I know.