‹ Prequel: Move

Gone

Mr. Vice

ImageEdward and I sped faster than lightning in my Camaro. Sam and my Viper were way behind us. It didn't matter if I had powers or not, I could still drive a car like Speed Racer.

I quickly swerved onto my driveway. I drove the Camaro up to my porch. I saw that my Escalade was sitting at the side of the house. I needed to know what happened with them. I quickly dived out of the car with Edward following behind me. We both lunged up onto the porch. I quickly swung the door open and saw Eve and Meredith sitting on my couch with a boy. Edward came in behind me and shut the door. All three of them looked at Edward and I.

Eve and Meredith frowned. The boy that sat with them wasn't a boy. He looked almost Cassidy's age. Around 17 maybe. He seemed like he was intimidated by my presence. His muscles on his arms tightened. His skin was like a dark tan. His black hair shone from the light coming from the window. I could tell he was one of us.

I looked at him. "What's your name?"

He took in a deep breath. "Justin Vice, ma'am."

"Justin, how old are you?"

"Sixteen, ma'am," he answered.

I nodded. "Well, we're lucky to have you with us. I just have to ask you one thing."

He nodded. "I am well aware that you want me to help you with the hole destroyer situation. I am also aware that you want me to go into battle with you since you have no powers."

I looked at Eve. "Was there any pursuit on you after you took him?"

She shook her head. "I go fast in a car."

I nodded. The door behind Edward and I swung open and Sam, Cassidy, and Tobey stood behind me. They kept the door open. I didn't bother to look at them. My eyes stayed focused on Justin Vice.

"Justin, I need you to come to California with me so that I can save the people I love. I also need your help in gaining my powers back. I won't be able to get near Peter without you. He has all of my powers and that makes him extremely powerful." I said.

"And you need me to be by your side at all times so that you don't get hurt. Understood." he agreed.

I nodded. "I will protect you as well as all of the people in this room. Have you ever held a gun?"

He nodded. "It's the only weapon that I can rely on."

I smiled. "Alright, well, do you know anything about them?"

Justin smiled. "Anything and everything."

I nodded. "Good," I turned to the others behind me. "All of you can go upstairs to my gun room. I'll be there in a second."

Cassidy frowned. "Do I have to use a gun?"

I frowned. "With Justin by our sides, you aren't going to have powers. Go ahead and try to use a power right now."

She looked away from me. "I'd rather not."

I looked back at Eve and Meredith. Then I looked at the white robe that Justin was in. I looked at Eve. "Eve, will you go and get Justin some clothes from downstairs in the basement? I cleaned out all of Jack's things and replaced them with clothes and my other things."

Eve nodded. "Justin can you come with me so that I know what will fit?"

He nodded. "Of course."

They stood up and walked past me and the others. Justin glanced at Cassidy. They both smiled. I looked back at Cassidy with a disgusted look. She shrugged.

"What?"

I shook my head and turned to the hallway. "Come on."

They all followed me down the hall and up the stairs to my gun room. I placed my hand on the little screen that I installed so that no one could get in besides me. The screen blinked green and it beeped. I released my hand and opened the door. I stepped inside the room and immediately started grabbing my guns that I would use. I grabbed my gun holster and took my jacket off. I quickly strapped the gun holder over my white tank top. I put my jacket over the gun holster. My hands started grabbing at Beretta's and other guns. I stuffed them in the holsters. I turned around to face the others. They all looked surprised as they stared at my guns.

I looked at them as I placed another gun in my pocket. "What? You've never seen a girl with a room full of guns before?"

Edward smiled and looked at me. "No, but it's a first for everything."

I smiled. "This isn't even all of my guns. I have more in the basement along with four motorcycles, two more cars, clothes, and body armor."

Tobey shrugged. "How are we going to get through security with all of this."

I smiled. "We're not. Eve is going to teleport us to Sacramento and then she'll come back here and fly the boy over. Meredith will go with them."

Meredith frowned. "So, we're going to fly to Sacramento and find you how?"

I frowned. "How does any human find anybody? It's called a cell phone." I sighed realizing she didn't have one. I stuck my hand in my pocket and pulled out a cell phone. I threw it at her.

She caught it and looked up at me. "When did you even put this stuff in your pockets?"

I smiled and walked past them. I stopped in the hall and turned around the look at all five of them. "Take what you need, except for you Meredith."

I became serious and walked down the stairs. I heard them all scuffle into the gun room.

I reached into my pocket and pulled out my own cell phone. I dialed the remembered number quickly. I placed the phone on my ear.

"Hello?" The voice said.

"Jack, take the first flight you can to Sacramento."

"Alyssa, it sounds like you need me to do something."

I laughed. "You know me too well. I need you to gather up as many protectors as possible and then call me and I will give you the location to bring them." I said as I sat down on the couch in the living room.

Jack sighed. "I'll do what I can."

"Where are you?" I asked.

"Ireland, doing research on prehistoric creatures," he answered.

I nodded to myself. "Can it hold?"

Jack laughed. "I'll see you soon."

"Good." I said.

Our conversation ended. I frowned. I was getting closer to Riley every second.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's short because my computer is malfunctioning and it is making me mad. So, thanks for reading.