My Parents banished me to my Uncle's ranch:

My Parents banished me to my Uncle's ranch:

Part 1: Hello Uncle I've never met before...

I stepped off the private jet to be met by a man in a blue flannel and a shaggy dog. My parents sent me to live with my Uncle Jack at his ranch in Montanna for the summer. I may have broken some of their 'rules'. Like they were ever around to enforce them.
"Hey there Erin, I'm your Uncle Jack." The bearded man stuck out his hand in my direction.
"Call me Tiggie, I hate my name." I shook his hand and threw my bags into the back of his truck.
We drove in silence for the longest time. I had never met Jack before. He and my father didn't really get along very well after my mother's death. Nothing but open fields and green hills surrounded me. Back where I lived, in California, by summer time the hills were already completely brown.
"So how old are you now Erin?" Jack asked.
"It's Tiggie," I replied back curtly. "And I'm seventeen. How old are you?" He laughed a thick briskly laugh. Something Santa Claus might do. The shaggy dog in the back barked almost chiming in on his happy mood.
"Well I'm a lot older than your father." He said smiling.
"Well that doesn't give me much to go by. Richard isn't ever home, I've forgotten what his face even looks like." It was true. And I had no trouble saying it. What was it with millionares and business trips. Once you make enough money, shouldn't you sit back and relax? Enjoy family time with your daughter?
Jack frowned and continued driving through the flat open country until we hit a dirt road. From then on it was a bumpy, dusty ride to his ranch. We were greeted by the sound of cows mooing and horses neighing. The shaggy dog in the back of the truck started barking as we drove in.
"What are you, Old McDonald?" I mumbled.
"You'll be staying in the main house with me. I had the help get the guest room ready for you."
I pushed open the door on the truck. I was hit by the smell of something awful! "Oh my God, what the hell is that smell?"
"That's called manur." Uncle Jack laughed.
Oh my God. This is real life. I pinched myself. Yep it's real alright. I glared at him in disgust. Not only was I living here, but I hadn't seen a town for at least ten miles. And even then I couldn't find a skate park. And oh, did I mention. No cell phone! Which meant I couldn't call my two best friends Alex and Jason.
The room was small, not bad though. King sized bed, huge window that faced the hill behind the ranch. I unpacked and lay on the bed. I'm stranded. I moaned.
"Knock, knock." Jack stood at the door.
"What?" I snapped.
"Diner is ready. We eat with the ranch crew. Wash up and meet in the dinning room."
I made my way down the hall and to the large dinning area. There was a huge table that stretched to seat over twenty people. Already sitting there was uncle Jack and some older men in jeans and cowboy hats. Are they for real? I sat at the already set table across from a man with a curly mustache. He smiled at be. I glared back.
"Where are the rest of the boys?" Jack asked.
The man with the curly mustache answered, "There was some trouble out with the mustang group. I haven't seen Rosie or Dona since noon but I'm sure they're coming."
"Are our neighbors still making trouble?" Jack asked.
"I think Nate and his group ran them off."
Huh, that's weird. Drama at the McDonald's?
The table started to fill rapidly. I was squished between two men that I had forgotten their names. I was not happy. We had been sitting and 'conversation' for well over fifteen minutes. I couldn't wait to just get back to my room and sleep. Or maybe find a phone so I could call my best friends. They could always cheer me up. The doors near the dinning room swung open and a group of younger boys walked in. They looked like they could be in high school. And possibly brothers? They all looked fairly the same to me.
"There you are Nate!" Jack said smiling.
"Sorry we're late Sir. Mustangs were giving us some trouble." He was a averaged sized boy. Dark skin and jet black hair. A few other boys filed in behind him. They all had tan skin but one of them had sandy brown hair, another had a buzzed head, and two of them had the same chocolate colored hair.
"This is my niece Erin, she'll be staying the summer and helping around the ranch." Jack introduced me like he had with everyone else. The boys all smiled in my direction.
"My name is Tiggie." I corrected him for the hundredth time. He shrugged and smiled.
I rolled my eyes. "So you're going to be helping us down at the barn?" One of the older ladies asked. I think her name was Rosie.
"Um I don't think so. I'm allergic to animals." I really wasn't, maybe a sniffle here or there but in general I didn't want to be evolved with any of those animals. As far as I was concerned, I was being banished--not sold into slavery.
She cocked her head in my direction confused. The maid came and served our plates. I opened mine and immediately shut the lid in horror!
"I'm going to be sick."
"What's wrong?" Jack stood and hovered over me.
I pushed him aside and ran out the door. There I threw up. Did I mention? I'm a vegetarian and I don't do so good with meat. When my real mom was alive we had watched one of those video's about animal cruelty, well...ever since then I've been a little queezy. And the jet-lag from hours earlier didn't help either.
"Ughh." I moaned. I normally did better with that stuff, but they practically placed a chicken on my plate. And the plane had given me motion sickness.
I heard the door open and some footsteps behind me. "GO. AWAY." Some part of me wished that my parents actually knew me, that way when they called uncle Jack to make the arrangements about my stay, they could have warned him about my aversion to meat.
"Motion sickness?" A surprisingly amused voice called from behind me.
I covered my mouth and turned around. One of the younger boys was stand smiling at me. "No!" I snapped at him. I didn't care how hot he was, I was pissed.
"I don't eat meat." I mumbled.
That just about sent him into a fit of laughter. I pushed past him and ran for my room not bothering to even look up at the table full of people starring.
I slammed my door shut and fell asleep on my bed dreaming of my friends and my home back in California. One day down, three months to go...
♠ ♠ ♠
©K.T. COMMENT.MESSAGE.SUBSCRIBE :D