My Parents banished me to my Uncle's ranch:

My Parents banished me to my Uncle's ranch:13

I opened my eyes and immediately felt a pounding head ache. I grabbed for my forehead and felt a wet cloth on it. Huh...The sun was just crawling into my room and the warm rays were hitting my cheeks. I pulled off the cloth and looked around. I found a white T-shirt over me. What the hell? I pulled the the covers up and I was still in a pair of jeans but my shoes were off. I snapped my head up.

Woah...I shut my eyes again. I had a massive headache.

I slowly re-opened my eyes then. Looking around my room I found the clock. 8:30 AM? What happen? Did I pass out...Chase. A hard lump caught in my throat. My blood raced but I didn't know why. I couldn't remember anything about last night. The last thing I remember was walking into that crowded house.

After a couple minutes I walked out of my room. I was so hungry. I was about to poor my milk when I heard loud voices coming from the side of the house. I heard them again. Loud voices. Like men. They were yelling--all different types of yells.

I left my food and wondered out the door to get a better look. Unfortunately my headache caught up with me. I held my hand to my temple as I opened the side door.

"Hold him tight!" I heard someone yell. I couldn't make out the face. It sounded like Steven.

"Let me go!" A voice growled back. A shiver ran down my spine. The passion in his voice took me back. I looked closer. It didn't even sound like Nate. I rubbed my head sleepily again.

"I'm going to kill him." The same voice came again. He sounded a little winded. I walked closer to the voices and peered around the corner of the house.

"Don't you dare think about letting him go." Steven growled at Ian and Isaac who were holding a dark figure faced the other way. They were standing a few yards away from the Jeep. Steven was place in front of it and the boys were facing him. At first I thought it was Danny. But then I saw Danny near the bed of the truck farthest from my view.

The silence grew deeper. I blinked back the light and held my hand over my eyes. I could see better now. They were all starring at me. They look so...tired. I noticed they didn't look like their usual selves. What the hell is going on?

"Wh--" Nate turned to me and Ian and Isaac dropped their grip at each of his arms. I saw him let out a huge breath and I thought he was going to fall over for a second. But he stood up and faced me now. He looked the worst of all of them. His eyes looked hollow and his face--which was normally tan--took on a more pale shade.

"What's going on?" I said hoarsely. This time I wasn't faking.

Nate walked over to me. Or at least I think he did. I was getting the weirdest feeling of dizziness and I started to fall but two big arms caught me up. After a few steps I gained back my vision and was starring up at Nate. His beautiful lashes didn't blink once.

He set me down on my bed and covered the blanket over me. Then before I could say anything he touched my face with his hand gently. I shivered at the difference in our bodys' temperatures. His hand felt cool against my skin which was burning up. He covered my forehead with the wet cloth again.

"We need to get back to work. Are you okay?" I didn't have my eyes open but I didn't need to. Steven was speaking. His voice was softer now.

"Yeah I'm fine. I need to stay with her." Nate answered back. The clatter of boots on hardwood only echoed in my ears and then faded.

What is wrong with me? I feel so tired and dizzy...and why is Nate staying with me? And what were they fighting about out there? Why had they all stopped when they saw me?

I opened my mouth to speak but I was too slow. "How are you feeling?" Nate asked in a low exhausted voice.

"Dizzy." I replied with a frog stuck in my throat. I cringed at the pain on my head. At that, Nate was sitting on the edge of the bed holding his hand on my forehead, it felt so good.

"Are you--" He stopped and shook his head. He didn't speak again.

I need answers to my questions. "What happen?" That seemed to sum up most of them.

He looked thoughtfully at me. His soft brown eyes went deeper this time. He looked absolutely exhausted. Then he broke our gaze and looked down at the floor.

"Promise me something?" He asked.

"Alright..." I said slowly. I had no idea where he was going with this. He looked back at me again. But not like he had before. This time he was just looking--not searching. His hand fell from my face back to his side.

"Don't blame yourself, okay?"

"What? What are--" I cleared my throat and tried to sit up but he just eased me back down and put his cool finger to my lip.

"You went to party last nigh." He sounded cautious. I remembered that much. Did I get drunk and do something stupid? He continued in a lower voice, I could feel his finger slowly break contact with me. A small part of me wanted him to keep touching. I just nodded for him to continue.

"You had one beer. Me and Danny found you last night. You were passed out and Chase--" He broke off. Chase what! I was passed out...after one beer? I can't even remember that far...It hurt to think that hard. I looked down at his hands. They were digging into my comforters. His expression was pained. I felt something in my heart reach out for him. But physically I wasn't up to it.

After a long pause he started up again. No emotion detectable, "We pulled Chase off of you. Do you remember anything?"

Pulled Chase off of me? What...After one beer I was passed out. I don't think so. Something is wrong about that. All wrong. I shook my head a little--but just slightly.

"Do you want me to tell you more or do you understand?" He asked looking into my eyes.

"I don't understand. You're skipping stuff."

His jaw clenched. "We were at the party. All the guys and me. I saw you and Chase dancing. The next thing I knew I couldn't find you. Me and Danny found you and Chase behind a locked door in a dark room. I--"

"I don't remember that." My chest felt very heavy. I couldn't pull one memory of something like that. And what does he mean by behind a locked door? Oh--wait...

"I pulled him off of you and you didn't wake up until now." He looked into my eyes. It was all starting to sink in. How much more bluntly did he have to put it before I understood? Me passing out. Chase taking me into a dark room...he was...was...I couldn't even think it.

Something caught my breath and stole it for a brief moment. "Did he..." I couldn't ask. He said they found him on top of me..."Was I...you know...?" I choked out the words. I wanted to have sex, but consciously...

He shook his head. I wasn't sure exactly what all that meant but it was enough. I let the moment sink in. How could I be so stupid? They had warned me all this time about Chase. And the funny way he acted when he picked me up. Distracted and...not all there. And then at the party--That was still very hazy--but I remember him dragging me in and then...I lost him. My memories ended abruptly after that. I'm so stupid.

"Don't do that." Nate said cupping my chin. The silent tear fell in his hand. "Don't blame yourself."

Here they come. Another tear. That pain in my chest. The throbbing in my head. "You told me. I didn't listen..." I whispered. I was ashamed now. I had been so caught up in myself. I never would have been this reckless at home. Not with Alex and Jason with me. Jason was my brother. Alex my sister. We watched out for each other. And now without them I'm just--stupid.

I tried to rein in my emotions. It was harder than I thought. I started to feel my stomach convulse again. Nate stopped touching my chin. He placed his hands up to steady me.

I got as fast as I could. I stumbled my way to the bathroom door and almost slipped on the rug. I was caught though. In the softest arms that guided me to the toilet.

"Uhhh..." I wanted to talk but I couldn't stop throwing up. He just stood there over me. How come he's doing this for me? Even Jason had to leave when I was hung over. Of course, Jason had the worst gag reflexes ever. Why is he helping me. I thought he hated me?

"I think we need to get you to the hospital." Nate said kneeling so he was on my level. He handed me a warm cloth and I washed over my face. Hospital! Oh no way! I'm terrified of hospitals. It's a weird thing to be afraid of--I mean you'd think that since it was supposed to be a place where you got help, that I'd like it--but I hated hospitals. Too many bad memories.

"No." I shook my head fervantly. That made me a little dizzy but I managed to wobble to my feet. Nate was again at my side helping me to my bed.

"I think you should go to the hospital Tiggie." He held his hand against my forehead--this time checking for any sign of a temperature. Those dark eyes looked so forlorn(sp). And his lips were pressed hard in a frown.

"I'm fine. Really." And I was actually telling the truth. After throwing up I was feeling a lot better. My stomach agreed and growled.

"Are you hungry?" He asked getting to his feet.

"Yes." I was so confused by his behavior. Normally he was aggravated by me or he just looked all together pissed.

He left the room and didn't say anything more. I lay my head back on the pillow. I had a sick feeling in my stomach. I tried to replay last night in my head. Chase--wince--came over. We drove to the party. We drank...and it was a haze after that. How could I have been so blind. All along that's what he had planned. I shouldn't known. It was my fault I let him take advantage of me like that...And the thing that hit the hardest was I had seen it all coming. It was in those eyes of his. Or the way he became a little too forceful sometimes.

Nate came back with a bowl of cereal--Wheaties--and a glass of water. I took it. "How did you know I like these?" I asked setting the bowl on my lap.

He smiled looking down a little. "You've gone through like three boxes all on your own."

"Oh." I hadn't noticed.

"Awww suck..." My hands were shaky and I spilled some milk on my shirt like a sloppy baby.

I looked up at Nate. He had his head cocked in my direction. "I say 'suck' when I don't want to drop an 'F' bomb." It was something I did when little accidents happen. What? Suprising how I don't always use the F-word? He just shrugged and seemed a little ammused. I wiped the milk off as best I could.

Oh well, not my shirt--who's shirt is this? It was a white cotton T-shirt and I hadn't remembered wearing this to the party. I was wearing that blue sweater Alex had given me. "Who's shirt is this?"

"Mine. Yours," He nodded to the bedside where it hung, "ripped."

"How?" Alex will kill me. She'll know. She knows everything about what I wear. She could probably tell me what I was wearing over the phone.

"I was in a hurry. It was so thin I didn't know it would rip. I'll buy you a knew one if you like."

"No. Alex bought it for me, it's not a big deal." Then it clicked. "You saw me topless!" I gasped. Holding the spoon halfway to my mouth frozen. My cheeks turning bright red. "What else did--"

"You really don't remember anything?" He asked again.

"No." I gasped

He nodded lightly. "I tried to put your shirt back on, but I'm sorry...So I just gave you one of mine. I guess we're even." He said pointing to the milk spot on his shirt.

A light knock sounded at the door. It was Jack. I looked to Nate wide-eyed. Does he know? Nate shook his head lightly, like he understood what I was communicating with my expression. It's one thing to have the guys know. But Jack...he'd...I don't quite know. But it wouldn't be good.

"I see you have visitors." He said smiling at Nate. Nate stood up and walked out the door past Jack. For a moment I felt lonely.

"Must be some flu." Jack grunted sitting on the side of my bed. I faked sick! Oh my god, he must think I'm still sick. I remembered that from yesterday also.

"Yeah. I think I'm feeling better now. I'll just take a shower and get up." I started to push back the covers and then realized I still had my jeans on. Whups!

"No need to rush." Jack said getting up now. He ran his hand through his smooth silver hair. "I fed that devil horse o' yours so you don't need to worry. Although you might want to go check on him. He's a little onrey."

I smiled internally. One boy that will never let me down.

After Jack left I took a long hot shower. I felt so strange. My heart was racing, but the warm water seemed to be slowing down the rush. I stayed in there for at least an hour before getting out. I went to my drawer and then moaned. No...he had my comfort jeans...I cringed at the thought.

I pulled on another pair but they didn't feel the same. I threw on a very old faded Grey hoodie. I wanted to wrap myself up as much as I could. I felt so strange. Nate said nothing happen...but seriously, I better still be a virgin.

I headed out the door. Dona passed me and patted me on the back. She probably thought I was just sick with the flu too. The place looked busy today. It was Monday and everyone was already working. Joe was with a few horses. Some of the other men I didn't remember were out in the round arena working with a couple of the horses that I recognized from the herd.

I watched my feet the whole way into the barn. Then I heard it...
♠ ♠ ♠
©K.T. COMMENT.MESSAGE.SUBSCRIBE :D