My Parents banished me to my Uncle's ranch:

My Parents banished me to my Uncle's ranch:16

*( Nate's POV )*

Dammit! I stormed back to the bunk house where the guys were all relaxing from the first day. I slammed the door behind me. Tiggie was still being her normal difficult self and she was starting to piss me off.

"Geezus Nate..." Danny grumbled. He wasn't in the greatest mood but I didn't care.

"What's up with you?" Steven asked.

"Her!" I pulled at my hair. "She's so...infuriating! I thought everything was going fine...and then she just--" I broke off. I was so confused. It seemed like every time we got close, she pulled away. She made a point of distancing herself from me now.

Doesn't she feel what I felt with her? Can't she see I'm in lo--Don't even go there you love-sick-puppy-who-never-had-a-chance.

"Then she just what?" Ian asked sitting up. Danny was covering his head with a pillow trying to ignore our conversation. I had spilled enough of my guts to my friends--it didn't seem like a big deal to tell them more.

"She just...runs away!" I kicked the side of the big couch and threw myself on it.

"Maybe it's that ugly mug of yours." They all laughed. Great. Just great. Thanks for the support guys...

"Shut up Isaac." I mumbled.

"But really man," Steven said in a more serious note. "You got some competition."

"I think the Farlander kid is the last thing on her mind." Steven shook his head. I shot up from my laid back position to face him. What's he talking about?

"Who?" I asked puzzled. It couldn't be one of them, I had already made it clear that she was off limits.

"That English kid. You know, the one with the beautiful blue eyes." Steven said mockingly fluttering his lashes. Nah...really?

"Tiggie's are better." It was almost an instinct for me to say it--and I wanted to punch myself for it right after the words left my mouth. The guys couldn't help but tease.

"Of course they are!" Ian said in a drawn out mocking tone. "But are you sure you're talking about her eyes?"

"I'm starting to feel a little itchy..." Isaac started to pretend to scratch his arms. Danny caught on to the joke and joined them.

"OUCH! I think they're biting..." Danny said joining in.

"I think the poor puppy brought in flees with him."

"Shut up." I growled. Man, they're annoying.

"These aren't flees boys," Even Steven joined them. "These are love bugs." He mocked a sweet little child's voice for the last couple words.

"Oh just forget I even said anything." I slammed the door into the joining bunk house. I normally got more peace and quiet that way. Just to bother me Danny scratched on the door a couple times and whined like a puppy. Jackass.

The next couple of days I tried my hardest to see what the guys were talking about. And sure enough, they were right. Damn those idiots...

Bryson and Tiggie were everywhere together. I tried my hardest to break them up whenever I could. I sent Tiggie off on the most random jobs just to keep him away from her. The second day was the hardest. It took me a while to get my point across to Bryson that I didn't like him hanging out with her.

He finally caught on by Thursday. I was just glad that the week was going to be over. Tomorrow. It was taking all my creative juice to keep those two separated. They were all wrong for each other. And we're so right...I stopped that train of thought before it got too far from the station.

I went out to the barn during lunch and found Olivia and Alison grooming a couple of the horses.

"Hey Nate!" Alison said in a happy sing-song type of voice. She actually kind of reminded me of a little angel. She had wispy hairs and a childish face.

"Hey," I said ruffling her hair as I walked over to Satan's stall. Dammit, Tiggie isn't here...

"Hi Nate." Olivia stepped in front of me. She was starting to get on my nerves. It's all done tomorrow...don't stress it.

"Hey," I said brushing past her.

"You want to come riding with me?" She asked. We had already been out riding today in a group for almost three hours.

"I think we've been riding long enough for today." She latched onto my arm and I politely tried to pry her off of me.

"Pleeeeease." She said trying to persuade me.

"Maybe tomorrow." Dang it, now I'll have to go with her tomorrow!

"Okay!" She bounded back happily to Alison and I looked up to see Tiggie and Bryson looking on with smug grins on their faces. I huffed and stormed past them.

The day dragged on slowly but dinner was better. We all sat mostly in silence. We were all being worn down and even I was starting to wonder if all this was worth it. All the work we were putting in would reap big money, but I hated seeing Bryson and Tiggie even talking to each other. And Olivia was starting to get on my last nerve!

"Just don't stress it Nate, it'll be over tomorrow. Remember we have the bonfire that day." Steven was trying to cheer me up.

"I know...I know..." I grumbled.

"Don't even complain you pussy. I have to deal with twenty munchkins--so don't start that crap." Danny said throwing himself on his bed.

"I think it's been rough on us all..." Steven hopped up on his bunk.

"Yeah." The twins agreed in unison together.

We all fell asleep easily and waking up was hard. Especially knowing that I would have to go wake up Tiggie.

It's the last day. I reminded myself as I pushed my way in the door. I wasn't suprised to see she was still asleep.

"Wake up..." I grabbed her shoulder with my arm and shook her. Guarding my face against any flying feet.

"Go to hell..." She mumbled softly under her breath. Is is totally horrible that I found that cute? I decided it was and tried to focus on waking her.

"Get up!" I shook her a little more violently and pulled her covers off of her. She twisted and turned and then sat straight up.

"I'm awake!" She yelled at me. "Now get out!"

I walked out rolling my eyes. She slammed the door behind me. Why is it that I find everything about her so attractive?

When we were all tacked up at noon and ready to head off Tiggie and Bryson had convinced Steven that since their horses were the fastest that they would go in a group together ahead of us all. I was still mad and Steven for allowing that.

"How old are you Nate?" Olivia was asking me question the whole ride and all I wanted to do was keep an eye on Bryson--to make sure he wasn't trying to do anything with Tiggie. Although, it didn't exactly strike me as that kind of person. But I was still going to keep my eyes peeled.

"I"m eighteen." My answering her was only to humor her. She was not my type at all. And she was way to young.

"Do you have a girlfriend?" I wish.

"No."

"Do you like anyone?" Tiggie! I wanted to shout that but now wasn't the time. And I wasn't sure like was exactly what I felt...

I hesitated for an answer. If I say yes, she'll ask 'who' and if I say no--

"Do you?"

"Yeah..." I dragged out the answer. I couldn't lie.

"Who?" Sometimes girls are so predictable.

"I'd rather not discuss this. It's our last trail ride before the bonfire tonight, try and enjoy it."

She sniffed a little but we kept riding in silence. I couldn't stand the fact that Tiggie and Bryson were so far up the trail that I couldn't see them now.

When we finally rounded our way back to the ranch I could see Bryson and Tiggie coming out from the barn. I grinned my teeth together when I saw him swinging his arm over her shoulder. They were laughing about something and they both seemed so casual. Like they had always been friends.

"Hey Nate!" Jack called me over and I was forced to leave our group.

"Yes sir?" Jack was holding a phone in his hand and he looked a little upset. He started to talk to the phone while I waited.

"Yeah I hear you."

"No. That wasn't the deal we made."

"Yeah Rich I know. Alright, I guess I'll be seeing you around." He hung up the phone and then turned to me with a scowl on his face.

"I'm going to need you to watch over the Ranch tomorrow."

"What about Joe?" I asked a little confused.

"He'll be helping also but I'm putting you in charge of the guys and Tiggie."

"Yes sir..." I didn't bother to ask too many questions. Whoever this 'Rich' guy was he was making Jack edgy.

By the time all the horses had been put away and the kids were rounded up it was time for the bonfire. And you can bet your bottom-fuckin-dollar that I was not going to sit around while Bryson cuddled up next to Tiggie.
♠ ♠ ♠
©K.T. COMMENT.MESSAGE.SUBSCRIBE :D