My Parents banished me to my Uncle's ranch:

My Parents banished me to my Uncle's ranch:22

Part 22: I love that stupid black book!

I knew it was a stupid thing to do but I did it. And I was glad I did. I hurried as fast as I cold running through the forest carrying my other pair of jeans over my shoulder and tucking the black book under my arm.

I ran with a new step to me this time. I ran with confidence with my comfort jeans on. Yeah, that's right. My 'comfort jeans'. It was stupid to go and get them now but I don't regret it one bit.

I had gone over to the Farlanders to get back my damn jeans. Call me stupid, call me crazy, but I wanted those jeans back. And I had some time to spare before Richard got here.

I ran on that old beaten path until I saw that familiar old tree that stood at the edge of the forest and the driveway.

When I got close to the edge I slowed down to a jog. A flash of red caught my eyes.

Richard. I hid behind the tree and observed the scene going on in front of me. I saw Steven and the twins with their backs to me, and I could barely see Danny's face but he looked annoyed. Then I spotted Richard. He was the one doing a lot of talking and Jack stood face to face with him.

Where's Nate...There! I saw Nate standing side by side with Richard. His arms were crossed and his jaw was shut tight.

I brushed off my hair a little and picked some leaves out. Here it goes...

"...don't think I won't pull the authorities in on this Jack! You let her run away! I wasn't paying you to--"

"Ehrrm." I cleared my throat. No one had noticed my approach due to Richards yelling.

They all looked in my direction. Including Richard. I brushed past the twins and made my way over to Richard and Jack.

"Is there a reason why you're yelling at my uncle?" I asked pointedly. Richard shook his head violently and took off his sunglasses. I hated when he did that. It only revealed the distant in his eyes. Those dark black eyes of his.

"Is there a reason you're wearing, that." He motioned to my outfit. I smiled in triumph. I had my reasons for wearing what I did. And for running all the way to the Farlanders and back; it was the simple fact that of all the clothes I wore, Richard despised those pair of jeans the most. Maybe it was because they had holes all over them--some in inappropriate places.

It was surprising that Richard really even noticed what I wore but since he had taken notice of my jeans before I decided I would wear them in his honor.

"You told me it made me look trashy so I decided to wear it." I said innocently. The twins both stifled their laughs and Steven pretended to cough.

"I'm glad to see you haven't changed a bit." Richard growled. Anyone else would have flinched back. Heck, I would have flinched back just weeks ago. But I had something Richard didn't. And that made me confident.

"I see you brought Vincent along," I glanced at the SUV. I didn't need to see inside to know he had brought a couple of his 'friends' *cough, bodyguards, cough* with him.

"Actually I did bring Vincent along. He was just thrilled to hear we were coming to pick you up." Richard sneered.

"Yeah, yeah." I mockingly waved in the direction of the SUV. I was sure he was being sarcastic since the last time me and Vincent had seen each other I had punched him in the face. "I'm not leaving though."

"You aren't?" This time I turned to see Nate. He looked dumbfounded. My heart really did flutter when I looked at him. I felt love in every smile and in ever touch we shared.

"Nope," I said popping my 'p'. He smiled that luminous smile at me. I felt satisfied when he did that.

I turned back to Richard who had now put his glasses back on. "Jack didn't tell you about my offer?" Richard asked, his tone weakened a little.

"Oh no, he told me."

"You understand you'll be cut off?" He was referring to his money.

"You won't have money for college." He added.

"I know." I said flatly.

"Are you sure this is what you want?" Jack asked. I smiled and nodded.

"If the offer still stands I'd like to go to school here. And live with you."

"You're more than welcome." He said looking pleased.

"But Tigs," Nate grabbed my shoulder gently and turned me to face him, "what about your mom's horse?"

Before I could answer Richard had already scoughed and started talking, "That horse is my property. He'll be lucky if the glue factory even wants him."

Nate's grip tightened around me but I managed to shimmy free and face Richard.

"Actually," I pulled the papers from my pocket and unfolded them. "He's my 'property'."

"Erin don't--"

"That's right. My name is Erin Elizabeth Tiggie. Mom and I both have Grandma's first name and the same middle." I said proudly. I got some looks from the boys that indicated I might have hit my head at some point, seeing as how I used to hate my name.

"And you're last name, of course." I said in a 'duh' kind of voice.

"Erin, where are you going with this?" Richard asked. He was agitated. He always tapped on his hip when he was anxious. And with good reason.

"You see this little paper," I held up the slip for Jupiter's registration, "these are Jupe's legal documents. The one's that you claim were 'lost'."

"It doesn't matter if you have those Erin, he was your mother's horse and she's dead. Now that makes him my horse." Richard said calmly.

"Not according to these papers." Jack was now examining the document and the guys had gathered around looking them over too. "According to those is says 'Erin Elizabeth Tiggie' still owns that horse." I let a smile creep over my face as I watched Richard read over the documents.

"Now, you can just put Jupe back where you got him from." I instructed the beedy eyed man.

They did as I said and I watched Jupe take a nice kick at all three of them.

"Good boy..." I mumbled as I made my way back to the group of men. I pulled at the hem of my shirt hopping it would stop creeping up. Although I loved the look on Richards face this shirt was starting to bother me.

"Is there anything else Richard?" I asked as the wranglers pulled out of the drive way.

He had a stern look on his face and he glanced at his watch a couple times before answering. "I guess there's nothing else." He said stiffly.

"Tell Vincy I said 'hi'." I spat sarcastically.

I hear him mumbled something to the affect of 'do it yourself...' but I was in too good of a mood to let his sarcasm ruin my day.

"Oh and give Veronica and the kid my love," I added cheerfully. Richard didn't glace back. He merely slammed the door to his stupid little sports car and sped off. Vincent and the others following suit. I could tell Richard was pissed. He and I never really had a great relationship and I regretted it. But he was an adult and now, so was I. We didn't have to get along any more.

I turned to Jack who was standing there with a dopey grin on his face. I couldn't quite read his full expression but something in it lead to to believe...'surprise', 'pride'...possibly?

"You're smart. Just like your mother was." He gave me a squeeze--the most physical contact we had ever shared--and then went back into the house.

The moment the door shut I was tackled. I was somewhere between an armpit and a collarbone when I heard Danny's voice.

"Are you trying to kill her!" Danny pulled the twins off of me. I hadn't really expected them to hug me--or tackle for that matter.

"Ye--Umph!" Danny grabbed me up in a giant bear hug and I swear I heard Steven--the mature one--laughing. But instead of cussing and swearing like everyone expected I just hugged that big neck of his.

"Couldn't keep your hands off of me." Danny teased.

"You still smell, you big ass." I whispered in his ear. He just chuckled and finally let me out of his hold. I stumbled a little and then pulled my shirt down after being ruffled up.

There was really only one person I wanted to hug right now. And he was just a few feet away.

"Well," Steven cleared his throat. "I think I heard Jack calling us."

"I didn't he--" Then Danny realized what Steven was saying and he followed the twins and him back to the house. I didn't wait for them to leave really. I ran and jumped into Nate's arms. He didn't stumble back one bit.

I just rested there with my legs wrapped around him and our chests' pressed together. I buried my face in the crook of his neck and breathed in his scent.

"I could get used to this." I murmured. I felt his warm breath against my neck. A small shiver ran down my back and I wondered if I would ever get used to having him so close. Not like I was complaining. I just hopped we could stay like this forever.

I felt his rough hand slide up to the nape of my neck and cradled me. He lowered his head to mine and placed his lips gently on me. I on the other hand, tightened my arms around him and drew him in for a deeper kiss.

When he finally pulled back I could feel a smile pertinently planted on my face. It wasn't forced either. I actually couldn't remember the last time I had smiled 'just because'. But with Nate here, holding me, it was all I could do not to.

"Me too." Nate chuckled.
♠ ♠ ♠
THE END!!!!
Okay so let me know what you guys think.
I had a lot of fun writing this and I hope you all enjoyed. It took me a little while to ending, I hope it wasn't too cliche! lol

*Their is going to be a sequel :]

©K.T. COMMENT.MESSAGE.SUBSCRIBE :D