My Parents banished me to my Uncle's ranch:

My Parents banished me to my Uncle's ranch:7

I woke up a little more ticked off than usual. Of course, Danny was ouside my door just waiting to ruin the rest of my day.

"Morning Sunshine," He whispered as we made our way to the dinning room.

"Go to hell." I said curtly as we sat down at the table joining the rest of the hands. Danny just chuckled and sat right next to me. Rosie and Dona were here today. I hadn't seen much of them for a couple days. By the way there gossipping I could only imagine they had already heard about my punishment. The older men were sitting up close to Jack and the one I remembered as Joe smiled at me. I scowled back.

"How's it going so far?" Jack asked in the middle of breakfast. Is he talking to me? Who cares, I'm not going to answer.

"Problems? Trouble I should know about?" Crap! Danny is going to tell him...I looked over at Danny. He was looked thoughtful. Then he looked at my face and I could see he changed his thoughts.

"Everythings fine Sir." Danny said politely.

"Good." Jack mumbled and went back to his breakfast.

"Why didn't you tell him?" I whispered. He was so close to my ear I could feel his warm breath against my neck. Ew...I like Chase, I like Chase, I like Chase...sorta

"You'll just owe me." I cringed at that. Who knew what kind of sick perverted thoughts he was having. Gross. I waited until we had made it out to the barn to ask further questions.

"Okay, what exactly do you have planned? 'Cause I'm not doing anything sexual with you." I warned. "You can go tell Jack--" I was cut off by his laughing.

"Chill out baby. I wouldn't force you to do anything you don't want to." He winked at me.

"Okay...Then what exactly do I 'owe' you?" I asked while he pulled out his horse from the stall.

"Well seeing as how you slapped me upside the head last night and nearly caused me to go deaf, I'd say you need a little attitude adjustment."

"How so?" Where the hell is he going with this...

"Alright here are the rules," He explained while tacking up his horse. "Rule number one, you refferr to me as 'Babe'. Rule--"

"You're fucking' high--" He covered my mouth.

"Rule number two, no more cussing--at least not at me. Rule number three, anything I say goes, that means if I say you do something. You do it."

I can't spend two extra days with these jackasses. It's either this or Jack grounds me longer and I'm still stuck with him...crap! What do do. Okay get it out of my system for before I agree.

"You fuck-faced, arogant-assed, pushy son of a bitch! Okay. I agree. But nothing sexual and I'm not riding a horse by myself."

He laughed, "I wouldn't want you to anyway." He grabbed me and pulled me up onto the big brown horse and headed off.

"Where are we going?" I asked after a little while.

"Where are we going, Babe?" He corrected.

"Uhh," I groaned.

"Say it."

"Where are we going...Babe?" I hissed.

"We'll work on that." He said thoughtfully. He's enjoying this way too much. "We're going back to the South end of the property. We still have some horses to separate."

We approached the fenced in property and he helped me off. The boys were out rounding up some horses and Danny grabbed my hand and hauled me over.

"Alright remember the rules?" He whispered. How could I fuckin' forget them!

"Yes, Babe." I said sweetly.

"And..." He encouraged.

"I'm still cussing at everyone else." He chuckled

"And..."

"And, I do whatever you tell me. Minus anything that could be understood as 'sexual'."

"Good. Now your first thing I want you to do is start calling me Babe, and actually sound like you mean it."

Right...Like I ever could. There was a point when I thought Danny was hot, now he just discusts me...Okay he's still hot--but he's a hot jerk. And it's either this or more grounding. Might as well get it over with. It's a good thing I'm a great actor.

"Okay Babe." I said lightly.

"Much better."

"Hurry up Danny!" Steven called from on top of his horse. I had no idea what they were doing, but there was a huge trailor looking thing and they were starting to load horses. I think. I wasn't sure.

"I'm coming!" He yelled. "You're going to help me." He said and pulled me along over to the trailer.

Alright Tiggie, here we go. It's just acting...Think of it as a...challenge. Yes, a very big challenge. This challenge will win you freedom. Okay good. I'm ready.

Isaac and Ian were standing with a few ropes and some horses attached to them. "We need some extra hands with the loading." Isaac said(I think it was Isaac, he was always more talkative than Ian).

"Alright, Tiggie will you go get those ropes over there?" He pointed to a pile of rope that he was closer to! I rolled my eyes. I grabbed the ropes and shoved them at him. Ian and Isaac just looked at us with strange exspressions on their faces. Danny was smiling like the idiot he was.

The boys were occupied for a while with packing the horses into the trailer. I watched as they loaded the wild horses and shut the giant door behind them.

Danny came and sat on the fencing. Ian and Isaac shared a canteen of water back and forth.

He slipped his arm over my shoulders. God dammit! I didn't move away, but I definately didn't move closer. We were getting suspicious glances now. Great.

"Tiggie will you go and get me some water. I left it by the trailer?"

Ian snorted and Isaac just shook his head in disbelief that he would even ask. Grudgingly I slid off the fencing, "Yeah Babe." I grumbled as I walked over to get the bottle of water. Most likely he had left it there on purpose...what an ass.

"Here," I handed him the bottle.
"Thank you, Baby." He said smiling. Thoroughly enjoying the looks on the twins faces. I just hopped back up on the fencing and sat a good foot away from him.

"I don't believe it..." Isaac mumbled. Ian was too busy watching me like a hawk with a furrow brow.

"Hey," Nate called walking up, with a very tired looking Steven follow behind.. The others all nodded, but I didn't acknowledge them. I don't have to hold back on these guys...

"So how's our little Juliet doing?" Steven teased. "Still running after Romeo." He said in a mocking tone. I looked to Danny. Were they mocking me? Umm yes, they were. Danny just shrugged in a 'go ahead' way. A few chuckles were heard but I kept my cool, not to over react.

"How fitting. I would actually rather kill myself then be stuck with you jackasses." Danny looked over at me. I corrected myself. "Accept Danny of course." I said through my teeth.

"Aw, thanks baby girl." Danny acted as if I wasn't being forced to say that. I just hopped off the fencing and stomped my way over to the trailer and sat on one of the wheels. Away from the jackasses.

"Hey Tiggie!" Danny called. Damn him!

"Yessss," I called back looking up as all eyes were on me.

"Come here," He called again. I stomped my way back to him.

"Yeah?" I asked. Folding my arms.

"Oh, can you go and get me the another bottle of water?" He asked.

"Yours isn't empty yet." He's holding half a bottle!

"I know but it will be when you come back here." I stormed off back to the trailer and bent down looking for another bottle. "I don't see anymore!" I shouted.

"Keep looking! I think they're in the bottom shelf!" Was that a laugh? How come I feel like...I turned to look over my shoulder. Then looked back, still searching for the bottle of water. Why are they all starring...OH MY GOD! Of course they're all starring, he's making a complete fool out of me. 'Bottom shelf' my ass! They're all checking me out. I'm bent over here looking like an ass--while they stare at mine--and there isn't even any water. DammitDanny!

I pulled away absolutely enraged. I started walking back to their smug little faces.

"That's so fuckin' funny isn't it--"

"Ah-ah-ah. Manners, please." Danny said still just as smug. Calm yourself. He's just trying to push you. Stay strong. I turned my attention to the other boys now.

"If I even catch you starring at my ass again, I'll kick your balls so far in your eyes will pop out. Got it?" I must have looked absolutely serious because they all just nodded and backed away.

"Geezus..." I heard one of them mumble.

I whispered to Danny, "If you pull that again--"

"Chill," He waved his hand at me. "It was just so cute watching you wiggle around like that."
"C'mon Danny we have to catch the black one!" Nate yelled over his shoulder. He had a strained expression on his face.

"Try not to miss me," Danny winked and then hopped into the fencing where some stray horses remained.

After a long time of working out the anger I had, I looking up to see that karma had already taken it's place in the form of the fiesty black horse. He was the last one left in that whole three acres. Somehow they had managed to get a rope around his neck but he had got away--leaving the rope around his neck and the end piece straggling. Man were they pissed off--fumbling all over themselves to try and catch him...

...And then that strange dejavu feeling came back to me. I felt that same flashback coming on. The one where my mother would whistle that beautiful tune, and she would hold my shoulders--with my hand stretched out and a bit of grass covering it. I looked up to see the sweaty horse trotting around arogantly. The boys all thoroughly cursed him and kicked up dirt.

He had this pull on me...I couldn't explain it. That horse was so familiar. His big head, those deep black eyes, that velvet muzzle. It couldn't be...No...? Could it...He was the same black as the horse in my dreams, but he was much more frantic and hyper now. Not like the calm horse in my dream. Richard didn't want to keep any of the horses my mom had owned after her death. He let Jack take care of them and we stayed in California. I thought Jack had sold all her horses?

The poor thing was sweating bullets now, the rope still hanging around his neck. He looked so uneasy right now. But so familiar. I had to try...Maybe it would work.

I tried to think how my mom's song went...Okay hum it first. "M-m-m, a-ah-ah, m-m-m, ah-ah-AH." Something like that...Then I just whistled. It was worth a try, right?

I started out hesitantly but when I grew a little more confident, the whistling became louder. And then I caught him turning his head in my direction with perked up ears, I felt like my mother--just like in the dream. I held out my hand. I watched as in the distance I saw his nose quiver in a low whinny and his body shook. I kept whistling the low tune to him. He seemed to stop dancing around and focus. Then, I almost stop whistling when he bolted in my direction. Stay calm, he won't hurt you...just keep whistling.

And then before I knew it. He was there. Standing in front of me, with a pained expression on his face. Since when can I read a horse's exspression?! He nickered a low greeting in my direction and stepped closer. Then his steamy breath was on my hand, licking it. Gross...but cute. He stood now, letting me stroke his head. I stopped whistling and just hummed the tune out loud.

"You knew my mom, didn't you?" I asked. He just perked his ears up and continued to stare at me with those big black eyes. "It's okay I miss her too." I whispered. I felt like somehow he remembered me. Like he understood what I was saying.

But DammitDanny! He had to ruin it. The boys were all creeping up around us, yards apart. "Grab the rope Tiggie." He told me. Fuck him. I wouldn't just hand him over to them, not without giving him a fighting chance. He said 'grab the rope'. So that's what I did. I grabbed the rope that was burning into his beautiful velvet black skin and slipped it off.

"Go," I shoo'd him off and he obeyed me. He ran past Ian and Steven bearing his teeth and giving little kicks. I stiffled my laughter as they all curses and dodged out of his way.

"I got the rope," I said smuggly looking at Danny. "Here you go, Babe." I threw it in his direction.

"Tiggie!" He grumbled.

"You said grab the rope. Besides, it's payback."

"Now we have to come back tomorrow and try and get him!" Ian complained.

"I say we let horsewhisperer over here just get him. She seems to know what to do." Steven said sarcastically.

"Like I would help you." I snorted.

Ian and Isaac drove the trailer the long way back to the ranch while Steven, Nate Danny and I all rode back. Let me tell you, they were not happy. But it was worth it.

We got back in time for diner, I hadn't even noticed that we had skipped lunch. I guess time flys when you're stranded out in the mountains of montanna with five jackasses and one very entertaining horse.

"You boys look like hell." Joe commented at the dinner table. The boys looked possitively pissed. I on the other hand was enjoying every moment of it.

"Joe's right. You boys looked like a tornado just spit you out." Jack agreed.

"We had some trouble out with the horses. We still have to go back and catch the last one so we can sell him at the auction." Nate said.

"Which one would that be?" Joe asked.

"A black gelding. Feisty son of a bitch." Steven added.

"We almost had him today." Isaac said crossly, looking in my direction. I just held up my chin and pretended to not listen.

"Yeah..." Jack thought to himself. "I know the one your talking about. He's been out with the herd for, some four years now. I guess it's time to let him go. He's always been a handful, I could never understand why..." Why what! Is he thinking about...is he thinking about my mom?

"Why what?" I asked, trying to hide my curiosity.

"Nothing..." He just grunted.

I excused myself early from dinner like I always do, but this time Danny also did. He followed me straight into my room and Jack didn't even protest!

"Get. Out." I hissed. It seemed like I told a lot of people that lately.

"I think I'll stay until Steven takes over actually."

"Whatever." It wasn't even a bother. I knew Jack wouldn't back me on this and Danny was a suborn ass like that.

"Whatever..." Danny prodded.

"Whatever, Babe." I curled my lip in disgust.

He just threw him self on my bed with a loud moan. Oh god, one of the few times I'm in a room with a cute guy behind closed doors and I just have to hate his guts. Irony...?

"Y'know," Danny sat up, resting on his elbows looking over in my direction. You thought I was on the bed? No way, I was sitting on the chair in the corner. "You never really told us where you went the other night. Care to explain?" He asked with a quirked brow.

"Nope." I said lightly, picking at the dirt that had managed to make it's way under my nails.

"Seeing as how we still have about two hours of you obeying me, I think you should explain. I'm dying to know what you and Romeo were up to."

I whipped my head up in disgust at the stupid name. Although, it kind of fit a little...I really don't want to have gone the whole day of doing embracing tasks and then ruin it all at the end. I've worked too hard to let him get to me now. Besides, he wouldn't know if I was telling the truth either way.

"We hung out." I said. Honest. Simple. To the point.

Danny snorted and then broke into a chuckle. "Details?" He asked a little amused. What was so funny? All we did was hang out...ew! Gross is that some sick code with guys for 'we did it'!

"Get your mind out of the gutter you pervert. We didn't do...that." I wrinkled my nose at the thought. I'm not a whore. It's going to take more than that to get in my pants.

"Why not?" I almost wanted to scream, but he actually looked serious.

"Cause I don't just go running around having sex with random guys like that. You shouldn't assume that stuff."

"So you come back half naked wearing his boxers and you expect us not to assume something." He snorted. I guess he was right...but it still wasn't true. And I'm guessing they hadn't seen me out by the pond so they wouldn't know why I was wearing his boxers anyway.

"We went swimming and he let me borrow some shorts. Are you happy? Oh yeah, and they actually fed me good food over there. Not any of this nasty food you have here."

"What's wrong with the food?" He asked.

"If you haven't noticed, I don't eat meat stupid."

"Hey--"

"You said no cussing. Stupid is a hundred times better than what I was really thinking about calling you."

He just shrugged, not bothering to argue. "Now can you leave, please. I want to shower in peace."

"I'm not leaving until the clock strikes twelve. No way am I going to let you slip away back to lover boy."

I rolled my eyes at him and went to the bathroom to take a shower. I made a point to lock the door in case he got bold. The warm shower helped relieve some of the stress I was feeling. I must have been in there an hour or so but I didn't really care. In fact I hoped that Danny got bored and went back to the bunk house. I wrapped up in my towel and stepped into the room. The lights were off and I crept over to my draw to grab my underwear and pajamas. The door opened and Steven walked in, mouth to the ground. Danny had been sitting in the corner of the room watching me! That...that...PERVERT!

"Dammit Steven she was just about to start undressing!" Danny threw a pillow at Steven playfully.

I glanced at the clock. 12:05 am. Finally. "Danny, your shift is over, the rules don't count anymore. Now get your big, fat, horny ass out of my god damn room before I get a restraining order. You sick, overbearing--!"

"I'm going!" He yelled back cutting me off. Of course not before he winked and left. "It's been fun Baby."

I turned to Steven and gave him a death glare. He was easier than Danny, he picked up his jaw and shut the door behind him. I locked my door behind them and closed the curtain on the window. Right then and there I decided I was going to get back at Danny for that horrible day. I changed into my basketball shorts and my T-shirt and threw myself into the giant bed. I never used to cuss this much before I got here...

It had to have been four in the morning when a faint knock came on my window. Leave me alone! I ignored the knock the second time, trying to get back to my dream about me and Alex and Jason all skating down by the beach like be used to.

"Tiggie," A someone whispered. "Hurry up, let me in."
♠ ♠ ♠
©K.T. COMMENT.MESSAGE.SUBSCRIBE :D