Wilderness Boarding School - For Troubled Teens

Together

Billie Joe’s P.O.V:

*Flashback:*

“Look, Adrienne, I’m sorry...” I tried.
“Stay.” I could see in her eyes that she was pleading me as best she could. “Stay here. We can run away together. No one can stop us! We’d be free...”
“Addi, you know it doesn’t work like that...” I tried to pull her into a hug, but she backed away. “Look, maybe going to this school will be best for me.”
“How can you say that!? It’s fucking 2000 light years away Billie! I’ll never get to visit! I’ll never get to see you!” she yelled. I stepped back a little. We were gonna fight again. I hated fighting with her over this...
“Well I’ll see you when I leave the school. When I’m 18. And we can call each other every day till then. Then when I get out we ca...” She cut me off.
“I don’t care! You’ve only just turned 16 Billie...I can’t wait that long to see you! I’ll miss you terribly!” A stray tear rolled down her cheek.
“I’ll miss you too...But I have to go.” Tears were welling up in my own eyes now.
“I don’t want you to.” She leapt forward and caught me in a hug. I hugged her back as tight as I could.
“I’ll make you a promise Addi.” I pulled back and looked into her eyes, full of despair and sorrow. “When I get outta that school, you’ll still have my heart. It’s yours. I love you so much. I promise it to you.”

*End Flashback*

I opened my eyes, the afternoon sun shining in my face from the crack in the curtains. I’d fallen asleep on Gerard whilst watching TV. I'd fallen asleep on Gerard, and dreamed of Adrienne. If I wiped away my tears, would he notice? If I left them there, would he ask? I pretended to be rubbing my eyes, wiping all traces of moisture from them.
“You fell asleep silly,” Gerard suddenly said. His voice scared me. It was unexpected. “You missed a good movie.”
“Ohh...” I avoided facing him. “What was it about?”
“A guy and a girl were in love, but he went to war and she thought he died. But then as she was starting to get over him, he came back to her,” he explained. “It was so sweet.”
“Ohh...” Why!? Someone was tormenting me, surely!
“You’re quiet,” Gerard stated. “Are you okay? What’s wrong?”
“Yea, I’m fine!” I tried to sound as reassuring as possible.
“Look at me Billie.” I guess I failed. Reluctantly, I turned to face him. I was sure my eyes were red from the rubbing. His face dropped as he saw me.
“Aww, what’s wrong?” he questioned again, but in a lower voice. “You can tell me anything Billie.”
“You’ll get mad at me.” I opened my mouth and words escaped before I could think them through. I felt Gerard tense up underneath me.
“Why would I get mad at you?” he already sounded pissed. He knew...
“Don’t worry about it, I’m fine.” I tore myself away from him and headed to the bathroom. As soon as the door was closed, I dropped to the floor and sobbed silently. I love Gerard now, not Adrienne. She doesn’t even call anymore. She doesn’t care. Why does that hurt?

Gerard’s P.O.V:

Ohh god, I’ve made him cry again I’ll bet. I pressed my ear to the bathroom door and listened intently. Why do I have to get so touchy? Adrienne is ages away. He’s mine now. He loves me. I love him too...He’s my angel now, and its right. It’s allowed to be. I won’t get locked up in a coo coo school for loving Billie. I built up my courage and knocked lightly on the door. After a few minutes and no reply, I knew he was crying.
“Please open the door Billie. I’m sorry,” I apologised. I heard some shuffling and then a soft click as the door was unlocked. I walked in to find him in a heap on the floor. “Aww, no....Billie...” I felt tears sting my eyes at the sight of him crying.
“I’m sorry Gerard...” he whispered. It was so quiet I was surprised I’d heard it.
“It’s not your fault. I understand.” I really did.
“I...I dreamt about her, that’s all. It’ll pass,” he sobbed. “It just hurts still.” I knelt on the floor beside him and embraced him in my arms.
“I know. It hurts like hell.” I still miss Mikey. I still love him. “We can get over this together Billie, I know we can.” I have to get over it...
“Really? You think so?” He sounded a little more hopeful now.
“Yea. Together, we can do this,” I said. “We can get over them.”
“I...love you.” He turned to look me in the eyes. “I love you Gee.”
“I love you too.” I attempted to dry his face with my sleeve before leaning down to kiss him softly on the lips.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys :)
Again, I'm sorry for the slow updates :(
But this one is a little longer in an attempt to make up for it :/
Thanks for reading! :D