Wilderness Boarding School - For Troubled Teens

Blood, Blood

Billie Joe’s P.O.V:

I woke up tangled in my bed sheets, gasping for air. A cold sweat was present on my forehead. Bad dream. Bad bad dream. I heard something in the bathroom. Panicking, I leapt out of bed and searched the floor for Gerard. I’d dreamt he’d hurt himself. He wasn’t there. Dread filled my mind as I walked carefully in the dark over to the bathroom, now noticing that the light was on, seeping from the gap beneath the closed door. Maybe it was unlocked. I tried the handle, and to my surprise found that it opened. I flung it open. A dozen different emotions filled me as I saw the tiled floor covered in blood, and Gerard cowering in the corner, hiding his face. He didn’t, did he? He wasn’t so stupid to hurt himself...was he? Was he so upset? Suddenly, he got up and ran over to the basin, hurling his guts into it. Blood appeared. It seemed all that was coming out was blood. My face turned pale. He was seriously not well. I rushed over to his side to hold back his hair, already bloody. “Gerard, what happened? What’s wrong!?” I asked as he’d finished. “What did you do!?” My voice was getting louder, more afraid.
“I dunno,” he choked out. “It just happened. Billie help me I dunno what’s wrong!” He clung to me and buried his face into my chest.
“I will, but we need to go. Now, okay?” He didn’t move as I attempted to drag him out of the bathroom. “Gee! Move! Please Gee, we have to get you to the nurse!” He moved awkwardly beside me as I half dragged, half walked him outta our dorm and down the hall to the nurses room. I didn’t care if she was asleep. I pounded on her door until she finally opened it, seeming to be in a bad mood until she saw Gerard in the light. I choked back a cry. He was a mess. I wanted to look away but couldn’t seem to do so.
“What’s happened to him!?” she demanded. No one answered. “Quick, we’re calling an ambulance. I don’t know what you two have been up to...”
“We’ve done nothing! I woke up to him puking blood!” The nurse cringed a little as she took Gerard’s arm and dragged him down the hall to the front office. She rushed to the phone as I supported Gerard. He was now leaning quite badly onto me, his breathing heavier.
“Gerard,” I whispered. “Gerard you’ll be okay, I promise. I love you.” My whispers quickly became scattered words due to the tears now cascading down my face. He looked up at me, his face pale and smeared in blood. I cried more at the sight, attempting to wipe his face clean with his shirt. I could faintly hear sirens.
“Come on,” the nurse said, taking one of Gerard’s arms and helping him outside. The paramedics immediately caught him and took him from us.
“I’m going with him,” I told her. There was no stopping me. I didn’t care what the school allowed me to do. She nodded. I climbed into the back with Gerard and the paramedics, watching through the window at the nurse as she hurried back inside. I turned back to face Gerard once she was out of sight. They’d cleaned up his face a bit better and attached medical crap to him. I cried again. He looked in pain. I immediately began to answer all the questions thrown at me by the paramedic. Once we were at the hospital, I was sent to the waiting area. I’d argued with a lot of nurses, demanding to be let in Gee’s room to see him, but none would tell me which room was his.

I think I fell asleep several hours whilst waiting, because it was brighter as I opened my eyes. I rushed to the reception desk and again demanded to see my Gerard. This time she told me his room number. I hurried up the stairs, too stressed to work an elevator correctly, and found his room. I quietly opened the door to find he wasn’t alone in his room. His family were there. His mum held his hand and was crying her eyes out, with his dad hugging her lightly from behind, whispering comforting things into her ear as she wept. Mikey held his other hand, his eyes red from all the crying. He leaned down and kissed Gerard’s hand, and I cracked. “What the fuck is wrong with you!?” I yelled, advancing on Mikey. I hated him with my whole being and soul. “Get off of my Gerard! He’s my boyfriend, not yours you little incest freak!” Mikey was quick to let go of his hold on Gerard, moving to be beside his dad. He looked shocked to see me.
“Excuse me, who are you!?” his dad yelled. “Don’t talk to my son like that boy!”
“Well then tell him to keep his hands off of my boyfriend,” I said through gritted teeth.
“Your boyfriend? Gerard never told us...” his mum said softly. Mikey was glaring across at me now. Daring of him. He was quite small, I could easily take him.
“He was probably embarrassed,” Mikey sniggered.
“Says you, you sick fucker,” I replied. Luckily, I had nothing sharp to stab him with.
“You’re the one that made him sick! The doctor said it was stress related!” he yelled at me.
“You came back and probably would’ve fucked him if I hadn’t walked in on you! This is your fault!” His parents were confused, yet revolted.
“If I’d fucked him, he’d be happy, not stressed. Shows how good you are,” he said like a smartass. I crossed the room in a few swift steps and grabbed his arm, dragging him from the room in a confused state. As soon as we were out in the hall, I threw a punch right into his gut. He doubled over and rolled on the floor in pain. I kicked him in the ribs. I was so angry. “You ass,” he choked.
“You brought this upon yourself!” I yelled down at him. His parents were staring at us in distress, not daring to interfere. They knew Mikey partly deserved this, and they knew I was dangerous. I kneeled down on the floor and grabbed a chunk of his hair in my fist, yanking his head up to where mine was. “How could you do it? He’s your brother!”
“I love him! I don’t care if it’s wrong! He was mine first!” I pulled his hair harder and his face twisted in pain.
“Well he’s mine now, got it?” I looked him right in the eye. “I love him more than life. I’d forgive him for anything, even this.”
“I had him first. We both know he loves me more. He’s never gotten over me, and you know it’s true...” I punched him again. If it weren’t for Gerard appearing in the doorway I probably would’ve kept going.
“Gee!” I got up and ran over to him, hugging him tight. “You’re okay! You’re perfectly fine, just like I promised.” He looked past me at Mikey.
“You hit my brother Billie...” he whispered hoarsely. “Mikey?” I hadn’t hit him that hard, he was fine. A doctor rounded the corner and frowned straight at Gerard, then noticed Mikey curled up on the floor. He told me to get Gerard back to bed as he went over to Mikey to inspect him. I was hoping I’d left at least a little damage. His parents were now by his side. I carefully dragged Gerard back into his room and to his bed. He didn’t put up the fight I’d expected. He laid back down and stared straight up at the ceiling through unblinking eyes. Tears were beginning to run down the sides of his face.
“Gee?” I whispered. “Gee, it’s all okay.”
“Why am I so fucked up?” he said softly. He locked his now bright green eyes with mine. “Why do you put up with it all?”
“You’re just confused. I love you, I’d go through hell to be with you Gee.” I stroked the side of his face.
“But it’s not fair on you,” he said, the tears building. “I can’t love you both.”
“I know...” he got up and sat on the side of his bed. I joined him, linking our hands together between us. “But you were getting better before he showed up.” Gerard took in a few shaky breathes and released them slowly. I kissed the tears that were still flowing down his face. He seemed to relax a lot as I did this. I moved my face back to get a glimpse of his saddened eyes. They were still beautiful. I kissed him sweetly on the lips, and his grip on my hands tightened. I instantly pulled away. “What’s wrong?”
“Nothing,” he whispered. He leaned forward and kissed me a little stronger. It felt like the kind of kiss you have when everything is perfect. I hated the false feeling I was receiving. Nothing was perfect. Nothing ever would be, I realised.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys,
Sorry for the massive lack of updates :( Had stuff to do...like year 12 exams :S
Now I have weeks and weeks of nothing ahead, so I should be keeping this story alive :)
Hope you're still interested...
Sorry!
xOXo