Status: Completed. Readers: 273; Subscribers: 27.

You Found My Heart

thirty.

TWO HOURS LATER

Kimberlee's Point Of View:


We arrived at Avery's beach house, which I thought was remarkably beautiful. It was breathtaking and I realized Avery was right when she said I would love it. I wasn't sure why Avery had gone to Miami, when she had her own paradise here, at home.

Avery drove up her driveway and opened the garage. She parked the car in the garage and turned the engine off, getting out of the car and walking to the back of the car. She popped the trunk open and Miles helped her carry our suitcases into the house. Corbin and me walked onto the driveway and smiled.

"This is beautiful," Corbin sighed.

"Definitely. I can hear the sea already," I said.

"Well, let's check out the house," Corbin smirked. I nodded.

Avery set to give us a tour, minutes after Corbin and I arrived inside. The inside of the house was even more beautiful. It looked so comfy and welcoming. Avery showed us where everything was. Though Avery's place was a mansion, I already had memorized where everything was. It just seemed like a normal house.

As we got on the second floor, Avery showed us to each of our rooms. She left Miles and Corbin in their room, then walked with me to mine. She opened the door and my mouth dropped open. It was amazing. I walked into the room and set Kendra on the soft bed, gently. She stirred a little bit, but went back to sleep.

"Avery, you have a very nice house," I said, as I walked over to the open door, leading to the balcony.

"Thanks. It's cozy, eh?" Avery asked. I nodded.

"Very. I never thought a house could feel this cozy," I laughed. She smiled.

"It's the ocean. You'll see tonight, when everything is silent, you'll hear the waves and it'll calm you down right away. That's one of the reasons I picked this house," Avery smiled, warmly.

"It's just so . . . Awesome. There is no words for this," I sighed. Avery chuckled.

"I would be saying the same, but I'm use to it. Oh, right. Let me show you my room, so you don't get lost if you ever need me," Avery said. I followed her out of the room, glancing back at Kendra, still sleeping on the bed. Avery opened a door two doors down from mine.

The room was just as beautiful, or more.

"This is my room," Avery said.

"I know you know what I'm going to say, so I'm not going to say it," I chuckled. She smiled and nodded.

"This is one of the few places I feel the safest. Sometimes when I'm at Landon's, I don't feel comfortable. I guess, I got use to hearing the waves every night," She shrugged. I sighed.

"Well, I'll leave you. And thanks for letting us stay here for vacation," I smiled.

"Don't worry 'bout it. My pleasure," Avery said.

"I'll see ya then," I said, waving bye and walked out of her room. I walked into my room and smiled as I seen Kendra, sitting up against the pillows, while she rubbed the sleep from her eyes. She gave me a goofy smile as she seen me.

"Hey Kenny. How you sleep," I said, softly, picking her up and placing her on my lap as I sat down. "You know, we're going to be swimming all the time. You'll be able to play with the sand and water again. Auntie Avery is letting us stay here." Kendra just looked up at me, smiling. I knew she didn't understand alot, but that didn't matter. I felt like she did.

I turned as I heard a knock at the door. Miles strolled in, shirtless and sat down beside me on the bed. I arched an eyebrow and sighed, laying my head against his muscular shoulder. He kissed my forehead and placed a hand on my cheek, softly.

"I'm loving the rooms," Miles smirked.

"I thought you would," I grinned. He chuckled.

"How you holding up? You look really exhausted," Miles said.

"I feel like crap. I'll be okay, though. And I am tired. Can you take Kendra with you for a little?" I asked.

Miles nodded. "Of course I can. Corbin'll be happy," Miles said.

"Thank you, hun," I said, kissing his cheek. He smiled. I kissed Kendra on the cheek and handed her to Miles. She moved her little fingers at me, then left with Miles. I put my hair up in a ponytail and got under the sheets. The bed was so comfortable, I fell into a black abyss right away.

[X][X][X][X]

I screamed as I fell down millions of feet from the sky. I landed, roughly, on the muddy ground, wincing and cringing at the pain. I sat up and looked around. I was in a forest. Some light broke through the trees, but barely. I got up from the ground and groaned as I seen mud all along my legs.

I need to get out of here, I thought, glancing around the forest again.

I gasped as I heard screaming and heavy footsteps along the trees infront of me. I ran behind a large tree and looked at a woman, holding something close to her. She had tears running down her reddened cheeks and a cut on her lower lip. The thing in her hands was crying, uncontrollably. The woman trying hushing the child, but the baby wouldn't stop. The woman gazed around the forest, so much fear in her eyes. Then she glanced at the tree I was hiding behind. I almost gasped.


That woman was me!

I heard more shuffling around the forest, until I seen large, black hooded figures come into the large opening Dream Me was standing in. Dream Me looked around at these things, with more tears running down her cheeks. The figures started circling her, glaring at her with red eyes.

The circle grew smaller, until each figure was touching shoulders. Dream Me had fallen to her knees, holding Kendra close to her. She was trembling, you could see it from where I was. She screamed for help. She screamed for mercy. I heard other screams, man screams.

Landon, Mark and Miles each ran from different directions and threw themselves onto the black figures. They clawed and tried grabbing at Dream Me, but the hooded figures wouldn't let them through. The circled grew smaller, until you could only see Dream Me's eyes. More tears filled her eyes as she figured out her destiny.

Landon screamed, as he pulled at the figures, trying to get them away. Mark was punching at them, while Miles was crying and clawing.

The circle closed over Dream Me and she let out an agonizing, pain-filled scream, before something dropped and the screaming stopped.


[X][X][X][X]

I gasped for air as I sat up with a jolt, touching around me and looking, wildly around the area. I was still in the room Avery had let me stay in. I was still in the bed I had fallen asleep in. I shakily ran my hands over my sweaty face, letting out shaky breathes.

"I'm okay," I whispered. I got out of the bed and walked into the dimly lit hallway. I walked into the bathroom and turned the light-switch on, confused and scared about the dream I had just been in. I walked over to the sink and turned the faucet on, cupping my hands and letting the cold water pour into them. I splashed my water and shivered.

"Kim," Someone called from behind me. I grabbed a towel from the rack and wiped my face with it, before turning to face Miles.

"Hey," I forced a smile.

"Good you're awake. Dinner's ready," Miles smiled, holding out his hand. I dried my hands and put the towel on the rack, before grabbing Miles' hand and walking down to the dining room.

Avery and Corbin are already seat at the dining table, with Kendra on Corbin's lap. Her hair is messy, but she looks cute as hell. I wave her and she giggles, outstretching her arms for me. I walked over to Kendra and picked her up, kissing her cheek. I walked over to my seat beside Miles and let Kendra sit on the table. She grabbed Miles' finger and put it in her mouth.

"Well, let's get eating, before Kendra eats Miles' finger off," Avery chuckled. Miles smirked.

"Come on, Kenny. Put Uncle Miles' finger down and let's eat," I said, softly. I put her on my lap, but she still had Miles' finger in her mouth. I took his finger out and wiped the saliva off his finger, before starting to eat.