Status: Completed. Readers: 273; Subscribers: 27.

You Found My Heart

fortyfive.

TWO DAYS LATER

Kimberlee's Point Of View:


I felt so hungry as I laid on the cold ground. I didn't even know if I was awake or not. I had cried non-stop for the past two days. My eyes felt sore and I had a massive headache. I wondered if this was Hell. I had been thinking that over and over. What if the Council, was the Devil? I mean, they were going to kill us, that wasn't something I had to guess. We had done a crime, well to the Vampires think we did, anyways.

A man, who had given me the chills when he had laid his eyes on me, had stood at my cell door watching me cry. He had Landon's eyes and his hard features. He had stood there, glaring me down. Something about him told me he was superior. I needed to respect him. But another part said, he was cruel. He was happy I was going to die.

I heard footsteps approach my cell and the cell door opened. I couldn't lift any part of my body; I felt weak. Maybe this was how I was going to die. They were just going to leave me in this cell and let me starve to death. Well, at least I'd be alone. I didn't have to watch and I wasn't going to watch, either. I was just going to die, right?

"Hey Kimberlee," A familiar voice said. I moved my head and seen Jeff, standing a couple of feet away. His expression was blank as he stared at me.

"Hi," I said, in a hoarse voice.

"The Council wants see you, now. I just took up Landon," he said, softly, walking towards me and kneeling down. "Oh God, you don't deserve this,"He mumbled.

"I thought I was just going to die in here," I whispered. I could only do, but that.

"No. There's more you need to deal with," Jeff chuckled.

"I can't even move," I whispered, glancing at him.

"I know this will lighten you up. You get to see Kendra. She's doing good. The nurses have kept an eye on her, Incas, you know, she got sick or something," He said, forcing a smile. Some hope fluttered in my heart, but the rest was dying out. I only wanted to see Kendra one last time, say good-bye.

"Is this the last time I'll ever see Kendra?" I asked.

Jeff hesitated and replied, "Maybe. Kimberlee, I wanna tell you something, if I can, I'll do something. I can try, anyways."

"Ah, don't worry. I'm a goner. Just, promise me one thing, you'll give Kendra to a good family," I said.

"They might kill her, too. They don't want half-breeds," Jeff said. Yeah, that hope that half fluttered in my heart, it just went out.

"She's just a baby, though," I said.

"I know. But it's their law. I can't make my Father change his mind," He said. I tried to nod, but I was too weak to move a muscle. "I guess it's time." He lifted me up from the ground and carried me out of the cell. I laid my head against his hard chest and closed my eyes. I heard moans and calls for help. Some called for me.

They wanted my blood.

I shivered in Jeff's arms as he carried me up some stairs. He hugged me tighter to his body and sighed. I must have felt lighter, now that I had lost weight. I hadn't eaten a single thing. I hadn't drank any water either and my throat hurt when I swallowed.

Light, momentarily, blinded me as Jeff stepped into a fully lit hallway. I blinked a couple of times, covering my eyes with my hand, then dropped it when my hand felt too heavy to hold. It was a nice hallway, very well kept and beautiful. Many paintings of women and men hung on each side of the walls. The paintings were all from different times; periods.

"We're almost there, Kimberlee," Jeff said, softly in my ear. I nodded. I glanced at him and realized, he was in a cloak. I was too dazed and scared to even think about what he was wearing. It was red and felt soft. His hood was hanging around his shoulders and the colour was a dark maroon.

Jeff stopped after a couple of minutes of turning and twisting into hallways, infront of two large doors. He pulled his hood over his face, before he gave me a reassuring smile and pushed the doors opened. I was stunned as I looked around this large area. It looked like a ballroom, but no one was dancing.

On my left and right side, there were men and women in cloaks, standing behind a wooden railing, I guessed. Ahead of me, it looked like when Harry Potter went to that jury for doing magic when he was under age. Superior vampires, guessing the people who had made these laws, sat in high chairs, behind very tall desks, like judges. Landon and Avery was kneeling, chained, side by side, infront of them. Jeff placed me down beside Landon and walked away.

Landon glanced at me and smiled, relieved that I was okay. I tried to smile back, but it was so hard. I collapsed and fell on my hands and knees. My arms shook underneath me and sighed. The whole Council looked taken back at my sudden fall. If they were so damn offended, maybe they should feed their prisoners. That sounds like a good idea.

"Bring out the child," the head judge said. I looked up and a woman, dressed in a nurse's uniform, walked out, holding Kendra in her arms. She stopped infront of me and handed me Kendra. I smiled down at Kendra as she looked up at me. I kissed her forehead and thanked the Lord she was okay. She was curious as she looked around the council, smiling at some people, though they grimaced back.

Bastards.

"Let's began, colleagues!" the same man said, outstretching his arms. A silent hum fell and the man infront of us, looked down, with disgust.

"Landon Harris, you have broken one of the most important Vampire Laws and disrespected the Council, when you last visited them in Germany, a few months back," the man paused, glancing down at Landon. He didn't do anything, just stared down at the white marble floor. The man proceeded,"Everyone in this room, knows having a half-breed vampire is not permitted in our society. They are not considered vampires. True vampires, are full-breeds born from two vampires."

"Disrespecting the Council is also a law. You do know, you can be demolished from the face of the Earth, am I correct?" The man asked.

"Of course," Landon replied, glancing up at the man, with cold eyes. "Just my opinion, only idiots will obey and listen to the rules you old bastards made. No vampire listens to your commands, anymore. You know we all went into hiding, so why keep the Laws?"

"You shall hold your tongue and keep your smart remarks to yourself. No one cares about what your opinion is," The man snapped. Landon rolled his eyes.

"We all know, if one rule was broken, we'd give you a warning. But three laws have been broken here and that deserves a death penalty. I will let the jury decide on your destiny. All in favour - "

"I only did it for love! Don't you guys understand that! We love each other! We made Kendra from love and passion! I didn't get her laid because I wanted a nice fuck! I fell in love with her! Haven't you ever fallen in love?! "Landon screamed. "You are sick bastards, all of you! You have no heart! If you had a heart, you'd give in consideration that we're in love! I'd do anything to be with her! Laws are laws! They don't rule our hearts! Our hearts make the choice to fall in love with whoever the hell they want too! No damn law is going to stop that!"

"Young man, don't you think you've done enough damage? Once the vote is done, the majority is going to win. And if this jury wants you dead, so be it," the man snapped.

Kimberlee. A voice in my mind. I looked around and caught someone's eyes. Jeff stared back at me, with hope.

I know you can hear me. Listen, I'm going to help you escape. You don't deserve this shit. None of you do. You don't have any chains on you. I'm going to make a distraction. Once you hear it, run and don't look back. I'll free Avery and Landon. Don't get caught and run. Jeff said. I gave a small nod, not to attract anyone's attention and went back to taking care of Kendra, though I was alert.

I seen Landon and Jeff lock eye-contact and a small smirk creeped on Landon's lips, before it disappeared and his face hardened. We were going to escape. It was all going to be alright. Oh Jesus. Hear me. I didn't know that. I could, possibly, get away, but what if Landon, Jeff and Avery didn't? What if they were caught? They would die for doing this. I'd be hunted for the rest of my life, wouldn't I? I wouldn't get any rest. I'd be traveling and running forever. They be after me and wouldn't give up their search until I and my daughter were dead. Buried ten feet down in the ground.

Minutes passed and I felt anxious. Sudden adrenaline pumped threw my veins as I waited for the signal to run. I hugged Kendra tighter to me and I didn't feel so weak, anymore. I glanced at Jeff, seeing him staring around the room, biting his piercing. Then, I seen Jeff reach into his cloak and pull something out. I only seen and I wondered, if he was going to distract, now. He smiled and nodded.

It was on.

With a quick movement, Jeff aimed his gun at a person opposite side of him and shoot. Everyone gasped and ran to the person's side as they fell. I got up and ran. Vampires seen me and charged at me. I screamed, but kept running. I could almost touch the doors. My eyes widened as I seen chains wrap around the vampires' necks charging at me, and being pulled back. I heard a familiar growl and he shouted to keep running.

I reached the doors and pushed them open. I ran down the hall and realized, I didn't know where the hell I was. I ran, faster, though, letting my legs carry me and take me to where ever. Only maids were walking around and they'd gasp and drop whatever they were holding in their hands, to watch me ran past.

You're almost by the entrance! Don't stop running! Landon and I got them distracted, well. Avery is on her way! Don't stop! Please! Don't worry about me! Jeff said, urgently in my head. I kept on running, though I felt my legs giving out on me. I pushed harder, pulling Kendra closer to me.

Suddenly, I was scooped up in arms and I glanced at Avery. She smiled and sped around a corner, before bursting threw the entrance doors and running into the woods. She ran until the mansion, as I could see, now, disappeared. She ran faster, until she reached a lake. She placed me on a log and sighed, glancing towards the way she came. She narrowed her eyes.

"Are they coming?" I asked.

"That man that helped us, isn't. Landon is, though. He'll be here in a few seconds. One, two, three," Avery said, smiling as Landon came threw the trees. He flipped the hair from his eyes and walked towards me, pulling me into his arms. I looked at his face and seen bruises. Had he been beat? I thought Jeff said he was fine.

"What happened?" Avery asked.

"That guy, he was holding them down. He told me to run, but I know he won't be able to hold them down for long. We gotta get as far as possible," Landon replied. He looked down at me and pecked my lips, before picking me up and carrying me.

We traveled for a couple of hours, south. Landon and Avery had ran the whole way, with me and Kendra in Landon's arms. We were nearing a town and I was glad. Avery made us follow her to an abandoned house on the outskirts of the town and kicked the door down. Landon placed me on my feet and told Avery and I to wait, while he checked the house, it was dangerous. He came back after a second and smiled. We walked in and I went to sit in the old, living room. The wallpaper was rolling off the walls and the couches were pretty old and looked dirty. It didn't matter, though. I had been in worse conditions the past couple of days.

"Avery, my Father's part of it," Landon said, sternly.

"How do you know?" She asked.

"He came to see me. He told me it didn't matter if I died. I deserved it," He explained. She covered her mouth with her hands and gasped into them.

"No, no way. He couldn't have," Avery said, stammering. Landon rolled his eyes.

"He did," Landon growled.

"We need to tell Mom. She needs to know," Avery said, sitting down on an armchair.

"We can't. If we try and communicate, the Council will find out, sooner. They'll find us. We're going to stay here for the meantime. We can't go back to your house Avery. I'm sure Miles and Corbin are taking care of it," Landon said.

Miles.

Corbin.

I had forgotten about them. I mean, who wouldn't forget about things? If you were me, being kept in a dark and cold cell, without food or anything, you wouldn't really remember anything but yourself. You'd be so damn scared and worried that you wouldn't get out alive. I was scared shitless that I was going to die in that cell, without saying I love you to Landon or my daughter.

"Now that we did this, we're definitely gonna die," I whispered. Great, Kimberlee, ruin the fucking moment, I thought, bitterly, to myself.

"I'm not going to let us get caught,"Landon said, glancing at me.

"You can't assure us that,"I said.

"Kimberlee, please,"Landon said, softly.

"How do you want me to respond? Fucking vampires are coming after us! They want to kill us! I don't want to die, Landon!" I snapped.

"I won't let them - "

"You can't assure me of that! Why did we have to meet?! I wouldn't be in this mess or anything! I'd be normal! I wouldn't have to worry about my child being in danger! Why didn't you tell me about the Council, earlier?! Why did you keep me this from me?!" I screamed.

"I didn't want to worry you, Kimberlee. You were pregnant at the time. It could harm you," He said, softly. I could see the tears in his eyes.

"You lied to me, again! You don't understand how hurt I was when I seen those vampires come out of nowhere and say they were coming to get us! I felt so scared! I don't want to lose any of you and this shit happens!" I yelled.

"Kimberlee, calm down," He said, stepping closer to me and putting his hands out to grab me.

"Don't touch me, Landon! I didn't think you could lie to me again, after you did that to me the first time! I was wrong! Because of you, me and my baby are in danger! You put your own sister in danger! Isn't that enough?! What else are you going to do to harm us?! Isn't this enough?!" I yelled.

I couldn't stand there, anymore. I felt so betrayed. It was Landon's fault we were in this! We had always been running from this Council! Since we got to Miami! I understood, now. When we were in the SUV, he looked so tense and stiff, back when he had come back from his "business trip". Both of them did, Avery and Landon. They knew those vampires were after us. They knew if we stayed in New York, this mess we're in, now, would happen.

Everyone had known all along, but me!

I ran towards Avery and handed her Kendra, before I sprinted out of the house. Landon called after me, as I ran into the woods. Tears spilled from my eyes as I sprinted into the woods, heading nowhere. I knew I was going to stop, soon. My legs hurt so much from running from the stupid vampires. But until then, I kept running. I tumbled down as I tripped over a large tree root and laid on my stomach, crying into my hands.

The earth felt wet and leaves crunched under me as I breathed in and out. I laid my cheek against the wet soil and let my tears sink into the ground as I laid there, motionless. I stared at the root I had tripped out, looking at the different patterns it had.

Leaves crunches as someone approached. I was hauled to my feet and turned to look at someone. They pulled me into their arms and kissed my forehead. They whispered reassurances in my ear, but I was too dazed to listen. I didn't care about what he had to say. It would end, soon. I wouldn't be held in his arms, ever again. I wouldn't ever hold my baby girl anymore. I was gonna be dead, right?

"Kimberlee, I won't let them harm you," He whispered in my ear.

"I - "

"Don't say anything, Kimberlee. I want you to listen to me. If we don't get out of this, I will always love you. Before and after death. No other woman will ever take the place you took in my heart. You gave me a beautiful daughter and there's nothing more I would ask for, then you and her. I don't want you to forgive me. I don't deserve it. It's true it's my fault I brought you into this mess. If it wasn't for me, you'd be fine. You wouldn't have to worry about running away. I hate saying this, but it would have been much better if we hadn't met. But listen to me, I won't ever regret kidnapping you, falling in love with you or dying for you." I looked into his eyes as he gazed down at mine.

My heart beat, rapidly. Oh God, the things this man said to make my heart beat faster than normal. The things he said to make me melt. I had fallen in love with him from the start. I would never regret meeting him. He was the best thing that ever happened to me. Without him, I don't know where my life would had gone. I'd be nowhere without him. I'm certain destiny put us in this path. It was meant to happen. We were meant to be in love.

"Kimberlee, I want to show you something. I want to show you what really happened with Bryce and me. I want you to understand Bryce is a liar. He would have hurt you. I want to show you Sandy. I want to show you what she did. I never did anything," Landon said, so much agony in his eyes.

"I don't want to see - " he shook his head and looked down at me.

"No. I want to show you. I want to have clean conscience if I die. I want you to know the truth. I don't want you to hate me. If I leave this world, while you're still torn, I won't be able to rest in peace," He said, softly. I nodded, knowing I didn't have a choice.

Landon wrapped his arms around me and pulled me close. I wrapped my arms around his body and laid my cheek against his chest. He laid his head on top of mine and inhaled. I didn't know how he was going to show me, but it didn't matter. I was here, in Landon's arms. I thought me and him were the only two people on this world. I couldn't hear anything about him. Just him.

I felt a gust of wind, until I was softly set on a ground. I lifted my head from Landon's chest and looked around. I seen Landon. But wait, Landon was right here in my arms. He smiled down at me. "It's my memory," He said, softly. My eyes trailed over to Landon walking into an apartment. I thought he seen us, but I wasn't sure. Memory Landon walked down a hall as he heard shrieks and screams, then kicked the door down. A beautiful girl and . . . Bryce, laid under the covers, having sex. Landon looked so hurt and it seemed like he was at the verge of tears.

Landon lunged himself at Bryce and ripped him off of Maria, throwing him against the wall. He did so much to Bryce. It looked as if he was half-dead. Landon trembled as he walked towards Maria, is fangs fully extended. She was gripping the sheets, crying. He shook his head and walked out of the room.

I sighed. Bryce had been the liar. I had judged Landon. Why would I do that? Why would I think Landon was the bad guy, when he loved me? I looked at Landon and suddenly, we were somewhere else. I looked around a room I recognized clearly. We were in Landon's Mother's apartment; the room me and him shared.

I looked towards the bathroom door, seeing Landon walk in, in only a towel wrapped around his waist. His back faced the wall as he grabbed some clothes and then I seen the door open. Sandy smirked as she seen Landon, standing there in only a towel.

I gripped Landon's shirt as I watched the scene take place. I didn't have to watch the rest. Sandy had been the one who had walked in on Landon. Landon had been telling the truth all along. Why did I have to listen to him, close to the moment of death? Why was life like that?

We were back in the woods and I gazed at Landon, with tears in my eyes. I mouthed, "I'm sorry," and hugged him. He hugged me back and hushed me, saying he loved me so much.

Landon lifted my head from his chest and placed his lips over mine. I kissed back and wrapped my arms around his neck. I loved Landon Harris so much. There's nothing that could ever change that. Landon had always been there for me. He was never the one who had hurt me, I had hurt him. I didn't trust him. I didn't believe he was telling the entire truth. I had to listen to Bryce. He had acted like the victim. He told me such a horrible lie. Fucking bastard.

"I love you, Kimberlee. I love you so, so much," Landon whispered against my lips.

"I love you, too, Landon. I can't live without you. You're my everything. I'm sorry I judged you. I'm so sorry," I mumbled. He smiled and placed his forehead against mine.

"Don't be sorry. I'm just happy you got to see the truth," He said. I smiled and felt his hand, rubbing my cheek. "Come on," Landon whispered, lacing his fingers with mine. I let him led me out of the woods and into the house. Avery sat on the couch, holding Kendra. She looked scared and tears rolled down her cheeks. Landon tensed as he seen Avery, crying on the couch holding Kendra. Her eyes move to an area behind the door. She shook her head as Landon stepped in, keeping me behind him. She shook her head again and moved her hands to stay back.

"Landon, watch out!" She screamed and fell to her knees. It happened all too fast. Landon had just taken a step, when three vampires had jumped on him. I fell back and gasped, as Landon was tackled down and tied, forcefully. Two men came from behind Avery and grabbed her, pulling her up by her hair. She screamed in agony and pulled Kendra closer to her.

"Kimberlee! Run!" She screamed. I couldn't move. I was frozen to the spot. I didn't want to leave them. This was my family! "Run!" She screamed, again.

I shrieked and whimpered as I was lifted to my feet, as someone grabbed me around my neck. They pushed me against the side of the doorframe, digging the side into my back. I yelped in pain and gritted my teeth. The same man who had watched me cry, glared at me and tightened his grip on my neck.

"You're the human, my failure son had to fall in love with,"He growled. His grip tightened more around my neck as he glared at me, pushing me into the side of the doorframe more. I gasped from the lack of air and wrapped my hands around his wrist, trying to pry them off. He wouldn't budge, though, as he gripped tighter.

"Leave her, alone! Please!" Avery screamed.

"Shut up, Avery! Stay out of this! I can't believe Landon brought you in this!" He screamed. "I'm so ashamed of you and Landon!" Avery's eyes looked so hurt. Tears slid from her eyes as she stared, hurt, at this man, she had once called father. He had been one of the people who had showed her love and now, look at him.

"Let her go, Dad! She has nothing to do with this! This is my fault! Let her and my daughter go! Let Avery go! Take me!" Landon yelled.

"Shut up, you! You're all going to die! All of you! Even that half-breed I'm ashamed to call my granddaughter!" Landon's father roared.

I couldn't breathe, anymore. My lungs felt like they were about to explode. I tried kicking him, but he was at a good distance. He squeezed more and I had a feeling, I was going to die here, in his hands. But before anything else happened, he dropped me.

"We're taking them back to the Council. I don't want to get my hands dirty with these people," he snarled. The other vampires nodded.

The Council room was stained with blood and I noticed Jeff was chained up. His eyes followed us as we were thrown into the room and he had a scared and surprised expression on his face. He must have thought we had actually escaped.

"You deserve death!" one of the judges screamed. "Each one of you will die slowly! Even that child will die!"

"Please! No!" I screamed. "You can't! You can't kill your own kind! Please! Landon or Avery don't deserve this! Neither does the child! That's why vampires disobey! They think it's unfair that you're killing your own kind. Please, don't kill them. I beg you."

"Why should we listen to you?" The vampire asked.

"Because you know I'm right. You know it's wrong to kill your own kind. They'll respect you more if you don't murder your own kind," I whispered. "Let them off. Don't kill them. I deserve death. This is all because of me. A simple human."

"Kimberlee! No!" Landon yelled, staring at me, with wide-eyes.

"Shut him up! Get the human and take her. We'll deal with these vampires in just a minute," The vampire judge said.

I was dragged into a different room, while I heard Landon scream and shout, until he was a muffled scream as the door closed. They threw me into a different room and laid there on the floor, waiting.

Waiting.

Waiting.

An hour later, two people walked into the room. Landon's Father and the Head Vampire. I got on my knees as they looked at me with disgust. I didn't look at them, though. I stared at my hands as they talked amongst each other. I felt my tears slide down my cheeks, shaking.

"We have two options. I had taken in consideration why most vampires may not listen to my laws. I think you're right, they don't listen because we murder them," The Head Vampire said, sternly.

"I'm listening," I whispered.

The Head Vampire explained the two options. Both options were heart-breaking, but the first option was worth it. The second option was taking my death penalty. Landon, Avery and Kendra would die, as well if I chose the second option. But I didn't want that.

Maybe it was for the best I chose the first option. Kendra would be better off and same with Landon and Avery. They wouldn't have to suffer and they wouldn't. I would die, though. My heart would break, but I'd eventually forget. I do anything for the people I loved. I would always remember them in my heart. It would never change. I'd always love one man, and one man only. My love would never die. He had given me everything. He had been a best friend, a lover, my companion. He had helped me make a beautiful baby girl. I couldn't let them die. It was in my hands, now and I had chosen.

I just wished, in this new path I took, I'd see them again.
♠ ♠ ♠
THE END.

oh gosh guys!
i want to say a few words:

thank you thank you thank you so VERY much for reading this story.
i'm SORRY about not updating on time and my pace always being so slow.
i appreciate your patients and thank you for putting up with my BS.

you guys are seriously the fucking best.
without you guys reading my stuff, i'm nothing.
please, don't hesitate to comment!
i want your feedback and know how to feel about my stuff.
i write for YOU guys.

THANK YOU SO MUCH.
please continue reading my other stuff.
i won't say i'll update faster, because i know i won't and i don't want to lie to you guys.

also, about the sequel;
eventually, i'll put that up.
actually, i'll start writing it.
let me continue writing the stories up on mibba now and then, i'll write the new story.
be patient. PLEASE.

THANK YOU AGAIN.

:]