Daemonophobia; The Fear of Demons

In which we remember promises

~|| Monday Night ||~

I sign onto my instant messenger, both out of habit and excitement. I let out a frustrated sign when I notice that no one is on, not even Danny.

I look up at Mikey, and see that he is looking at me. He sets his laptop next to him and beckons me to sit next to him on the bean bag.

I crawl off his bed and curl against him on the purple blob, listening to the loud rustling of the beans. I sign from my place by his side and sling an arm over his chest.

Mikey slides an arm under me and an arm over me, pulling me close to him. I sigh contently as I feel his fingers stroke through my hair.

"High school's tough, huh?" He says softly. I nod, keeping my eyes closed, almost wanting to fall asleep. Then a random thought strikes me.

"Mikey...Remember how, on the day my...mom left me, well I mean... that night you kissed me on the forehead and said you'd seen it on T.V.," I look up at his sea foam eyes, "Do you remember that?"

Mikey nods and tilts his head, taking his eyes away from the ceiling, and meeting my gaze. His eyes are misted with unreadable emotions.

"Yeah, I remember that. You were looking out the window, watching demons. I remember your face, and your eyes, darting around. I'm sure that that was the night that I fell..." His arms wrap around me tightly. "In my six year old mind, I promised to protect you."

He smiles down at me, a sweet smile that's almost embarrassed by the thoughts of his younger self. I lift my head off his shoulder and softly kiss his cheek.

"That's..." My voice weavers and I clear my throat, "That's sweet, Mikey."

I bring my eyes level with his, and he softly puts hand on my cheek. He brushes my hair behind my ear, leaving his fingers along the edge of my jaw.

Then, he quickly taps the tip of my nose and smiles wide, a mischievous look in his eyes.

"Well, I am a sweet guy." He laughs through his words. I laugh with him and our hug breaks apart gently.

As I pick up my computer, I look out the corner of my eye to see Mikey un-paused his game of Tetris. That makes me silently laugh.
♠ ♠ ♠
I love this chapter, it's just so sweet and innocent. The two of them snuggling, they are ...*sigh* so wonderful.
~~ Yes I realize it's painfully short, but it deserves to stand alone. But, because it's so short, i'm going to update twice today!

~LOVE AMBER~
XD

p.s.
Comments are like the sails of the ship, without them this story isn't going anywhere.

p.p.s.
I'm started to play guitar, and my fingers hurt really bad. ^-^ just thought i'd let you know.