Please Be Mine

Such A Gorgeous Guest

Kevin and I walk back to the bus, hand in hand, soaking wet. Before we enter I stop him, kiss him on the cheek and smile.

"Awww man... Nick..." I mumble, he nods looking a little sad for his brother but still unable to wipe the huge grin off his face. We both enter the bus, Nick is still watching TV on the couch. He glances at his drowned brother, and then scrutinises me, his face tightening as he realises.

"You picked him didn't you?" He mumbles dully, I grimace at him and nod. He shakes his head, trying to smile, but it ended in a weird twist of his mouth.

"I'm sorry.." I offer, looking away from his eyes which were piercing me too painfully.

"It's ok, you picked the better man." He mumbles, trailing off up the bus.

As Nick exits, Joe enters from the other end of the bus, surprise capturing his face as he sees us.

"Finally made a choice did we?" He smirks and I chuckle and nod, lacing my fingers again with Kevin's.

Frankie runs in after Joe, spotting us together and grinning widely.

"See I knew Kenzie would pick Kevin! You owe me five bucks Joe!!!" He shouts, walking up to Kevin and offering a hi-5, which Kevin takes enthusiastically. Kevin straightens up and frowns, suddenly realising...

"Wait, you bet against me dude?" Kevin says, frowning at his younger brother.

"You bet on who I would pick?" I add, putting my free hand on my hip. Joe holds his hands up defensively, trying not to laugh at our icy glares.

"Guys! Please! I'm sorry!" He admits, "But don't you understand how boring it is being in a bus with two lovesick teens and a completely confused girl?" Kevin runs over to him and gets him in a head lock.

"Do you know how annoying it is to be in a bus with a hyperactive brother who never stops playing playstation??" Kevin laughs, rubbing his knuckles into his brother's hair.

"Ahhh I said I was sorry!!! What more do you want?!?!?!" Joe screams, I'm clutching my sides from laughter. I indicate to Kevin to let him go.

"You can go make sure Nick's alright." I instruct, he salutes me and makes his way down the hall.

****

"We'd like to dedicate this song to Mackenize, who finally figured out something today." Joe announces, Kevin grins wider and I swear Nick flinches a little.

"Hey there pretty lady, tell me how you're doing tell me what can I do to help," Joe starts, winking at me, standing backstage.

Throughout the song, Kevin dances around like crazy, more crazy than usual.

"Girl you got me going crazy," Nick sings, he glances sidelong at me, his eyes wincing in pain. Very awkward...

The song ends and Kevin runs back to his spot grinning madly at me. I smile back, blowing him a kiss. The rest of the concert goes by smoothly, with great performances from all the boys.

****

The houselights are put on as the last few stragglers finish exiting the concert hall. I feel safe enough to walk out on stage and start packing up the equipment, the boys were backstage having showers before we had to go again. As I start collapsing mic stands, I notice a girl in what had been the front row, gathering rubbish.

"You know, they have cleaners here." I shout down to her, smirking. She jumps from my voice, looking up at me; I grin down at her.

"Do you work here? Because I'm not sure that you're allowed to be touching that stuff." She says, frowning at me with a ghost of a smile imprinted on her face.

"No... I'm collecting Nick's saliva from the mic to sell on e-bay." I reply seriously, she rolls her eyes.

"My parents won't be picking me up until later. I thought I'd just help out." She shrugs. I sit on the edge of the stage, grinning at her.

"Did you enjoy the show then?" I ask, she nods enthusiastically.

"It was the best night of my life!" She exclaims, I laugh jumping down from the stage and approaching her.

"I'm Mackenzie, part of the sound crew here." I say, holding out my hand. She smiles and shakes it.

"I'm Steph, dedicated Jonas fan." She admits solemnly, I laugh at her. There's a gurgling sound coming from my pocket, I extract my walkie talkie.

"Big Rob, All day, All day." I hear his deep voice crackling.

"Little Mack, All night, All night." I answer, smiling at our little joke.

"The boys want to know if it's all clear to come out and help you."

"Are they clean?" I ask, screwing up my nose.

"Joe's still in the shower, but yeah the other two have scrubbed up." He answers.

"It's pretty clear here then, send them out." He sends back a message of confirmation and I smirk at Steph who is looking at me very confused. "Ready to meet the Jonas Brothers?"

Her jaw drops and she stares at me in disbelief.

"No way!" She squeals, on the verge on jumping up and down.

"Oh no? Alright I'll tell them to stay back there." I say mockingly, she laughs and then turns serious.

"Don't you dare." She tugs at her hair a little, I have to laugh a bit.

"Don't worry, you can't make a worse impression than me." I reassure her, spotting the boys emerging from backstage.

"Kenzie! How'd you like the show tonight!?" Kevin shouts, running towards and almost putting his arms around me until he notices Steph. "Oh, who's this?" He looks at me warily, and I nod reassuringly.

"She was helping clean up. Her name's Steph." I introduce Kevin and Nick to her, Joe still being absent.

They smile at her, Kevin standing as close as he could to me, the smell of his shampoo getting me going crazy too. We talk for a little while, getting to know her. Suddenly from behind me is fast running...

"SuperJoe!!!" and a loud bang as he jumps off the stage.

"Nice of you to join us Joe." I say dully, Steph stares in amazement behind me.

"Hi!" He stands next to me, then notices Steph gawking at him and blushes. "Sorry, I didn't realise we had such a gorgeous guest still in our midst." He bows to a now reddening Steph.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ha okay guys I have to admit... Steph = me

Remember this is still Kristen's writing at this point and since I wrote her into my stories (with different names) she wanted to put me in her story so... voila! I have arrived =]

So now that Steph has joined the story what do you think will happen because trust me, she's in pretty much every chapter from now on... I think.

Good? Bad?

Let me know =]

Thanks for reading!!

C/R/S

~Steph <3