Please Be Mine

Don't Rush It

We get home around dinner time, walking past the kitchen as Denise is preparing dinner with Frankie helping her. Kevin pulls me upstairs to where we can hear music playing in the rec room. We enter to find Nick and Joe with guitars, strumming the second verse of Can't Have You.

"I don't wanna fall asleep,
Cause I don't know if I'll get up,
And I don't wanna cause a scene,
But I'm dyin' without your love,
Beggin' to hear your voice,
Tell me you love me too,
'Cause I'd rather just be alone,
If I know that I can't have you
"

Joe sings, I can see his laptop on the ground in front of him and assume that Steph is watching.

"So tell me what we're fighting for,
'Cause you know that the truth means so much more,
'Cause you would if you could,
Don't lie,
'Cause I'd give everything that I've got left,
To show you I mean what I have said,
I know I was such a fool,
But I can't live without you
"

Nick sings the bridge, more intense than I've ever seen before, and I've seen alot of performances. I watch with wide eyes, Kevin's arm feeling too warm on my shoulders. As Joe sings the chorus again, softer, looking straight at the laptop, Nick looks straight at me, his brown eyes dowsed in pain. They finish the song and Joe sits in front of his computer, waiting eagerly for a response.

"I loved it baby!" I hear Steph's crackling voice come out and Joe's face transforms into the hugest grin.

"I'm glad." He picks up the laptop and takes it back into his room, totally entranced by his girlfriend.

Nick puts down his guitar and leaves the room too, not saying a word. I squirm a little before coming to a decision to follow him.

"Kev, I'm gonna go talk to Nick... He seems really upset.. I need to straighten things out." I mumble. Kevin nods his head supportively and gives me a hug.

"Good luck, baby." He whispers, kissing the top of my head.

As I walk out of the room he gets an acoustic and starts strumming to himself. I walk down the hall until I find Nick's room and knock on the door gingerly.

"Hey bud." I mumble, sitting next to him on his bed.

"Kenzie, don't take this the wrong way but I don't really want to talk to you at the moment." He says, his voice with a harsh edge to it.

"Nick..." I sigh, trying to find the right words. "I love you... but not like that... Oh gosh, I just.. I wish I could find a girl good enough for you. You're so sweet, caring, protective..." I try, but nothing I say was pulling him from his slump. "Is this really about me?" I ask now, desperately trying to get his eye contact.

He looks up at me, frowning. "I don't know, to be honest. Partly, I do really like you... But, I don't know... Joe with his new girl and you and Kevin... Sometimes I just want someone." He mumbles. I put a comforting arm around him.

"You will find someone. Just be patient... She'll come when you least expect it." I say, he nods in response. I smooth his curly hair back and kiss his forehead. "I'm sorry I couldn't be who you need right now." I leave on those words, walking back into the rec room where Kevin now looks upset.

"What's wrong my Prince?" I take his guitar off his lap and replace it with myself.

"Joe and Steph just did the 'I Love You' thing." He mumbles, looking down.

"So?" I question, placing a arm around his shoulders and kissing his cheek.

"So... I wanted to do it first. They've only been together for what? A few weeks? And he's already loved up." He says like a little kid.

"Hey, just because Joey does it doesn't mean you have to as well." I inform him. "If Joey jumped off a cliff would you?" I ask now, he chuckles appreciatively.

"Hey," I lift his chin up so our eyes meet and then kiss him softly. "When it happens it'll be special. I'm glad we're not early about it, because then it wouldn't mean as much. It needs to be easy. Everyone has different paths in their relationships. Don't rush it..." I kiss him again, savouring his sweet lips on mine.
♠ ♠ ♠
Awww... Joe loves me! I mean... Steph lol. I love Kristen she's such a sweetie haha. She loves hearing what all you guys have to say in your comments.

When do you think Kevin and Kenzie will do the I love you thing. Will be it be spontaneous or will Kevin have something planned out? Oh! That's a good this or that question!

Spontaneous?

OR

Planned Out?

Thanks so much for reading!

C/R/S

~Steph <3