Please Be Mine

Calm Before...

The boys had one more show in LA and then we packed onto the buses again and headed out. Kevin and I were lying in his bunk, playing thumb wars.

"So, tell me a secret." He whispered, his thumb wrestling with mine playfully.

"Umm... I like making poptart icecream sandwiches."

He chuckles, glancing down at our thumbs, he had won the most recent battle. I pout, then laugh a little too.

"What's your secret then mister?"

"Hmmm... I actually really hate birds. I never wanted a birdhouse."

This throws me into a laughing fit, meaning he wins the next thumb battle again. He releases my hand and caresses my cheek softly.

"You are so cute when you laugh." He smiles, letting his fingers wander into my hair. I lean in and kiss him, sliding my arm around his back and pulling myself closer.

"Hey." I sigh, detaching myself from Kevin's lips and turning to the source of my annoyance; Joe. "I know you guys are so in love and having your little peaches and herb moment here, but I'm trying to get some shut eye."

"Sorry Joe." Kevin and I chorus, smiling cheesily at him. He doesn't deliberate in his dull expression.

"Either keep quiet or go somewhere else." He goes back down to his bunk. I slide out of the bed and pull Kevin down with me, we walk quietly out into the lounging area. Denise is reading and Nick is watching How I Met Your Mother on the TV.

"Hey Nicky boy." I say, plopping down next to him, Kevin sits next to me and rests his arm across my shoulders.

"Hey Kenze."

"Sad to be leaving Selena?"

"Yeah, It's kinda hard when you start dating someone and have to move away so quickly like that. But after the tour we get to stay in LA for a while." He smiles satisfied, I'm just so happy he's happy again.

"That's cool." I grin, resting my head on Kevin's shoulder and watching the TV for a while. Everything felt good, right.

The next morning I find myself in my bunk, not entirely sure how I'd got there but imagining that Kevin had carried me there after I fell asleep. I get up before any of the boys and join Denise in the kitchenette. We chat for a little while until her phone rings.

"Hello? Oh hi. Yes she's here. Oh, I think it's just a misunderstanding. No.. Please that's unneccessary."

My anxiety grows as Denise's frown deepens as she talks.

"Ok, I'll put her on."

She hands the phone to me, I gingerly hold it to my ear.

"Mackenzie speaking."

The sharp voice of my mother rings down the line.

"You are coming home. Today. No exceptions."
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh.
Snap.

Why does her Mom want her home?? Will she really go home? What about Kevin and the rest of the Jonas'???

Thanks for reading!!

C/R/S

~Steph <3