Please Be Mine

Epilogue

Four months later

“Okay, is everyone ready to go?” Denise asked.

“Yes!” was the chorused response from the six of us in the back of the bus.

Steph and I had joined the boys on tour once summer ended. Steph is taking online college classes and I am now an official employee of the Jonas Group. Learning how to work the sound board was the best thing I ever did in my spare time.

I looked around the back of the bus where we were all strewn about. I was lying on the couch with my head in Kevin’s lap. Steph and Joe were battling each other in Guitar Hero… she was winning. Frankie was playing on his DS. Nick was on his laptop typing an email to Selena. I couldn’t help but smile as I looked at my friends… my family.

“What are you all smiley about?” Kevin asked, running his fingers down my cheek.

“I’m just really happy.” I said, looking up at him.

“So am I. I’m glad your parents understand now.”

“You’re glad?” I scoffed, sitting up. “At least you didn’t have to live with them.”

“Be nice,” he scolded, a half smile on his face.

“No I know… I love them I really do but most of the time they just didn’t understand me. Hopefully they finally will be able to. They at least understand that I love you and right now, that’s enough.”

“I love you too.” He said, leaning down and kissing me.

“Beat ya again!” Steph cried. I pulled away from the kiss and smiled over at her as she pumped her fists in the air.

“Winner, winner, chicken dinner!” I cried. She ran over and high fived me then ran back over to Joe.

“Do I really have to cook you a chicken dinner?” he asked, lifting the guitar controller over his shoulders. She did the same and stood in front of him.

“Hm… no.” she said, turning her eyes towards the ceiling in thought. He smiled and stepped closer.

“So… what does the winner get?” he asked, stepping even closer wrapping his arms around her waist. She smiled and he brought his face close to hers so their foreheads were touching.

“I want… a Barbie, and a pony, and some roller skates. And some roller skates for the Barbie and for the pony and…” she was cut off by Joe’s lips on hers. She smiled into the kiss and wrapped her arms around Joe’s neck.

“Get a room!” Nick and I shouted at the same time. They pulled apart from each other and simultaneously stuck their tongues out.

“Geez… the phrase “meant for each other” didn’t mean anything until that just happened.” Kevin said.

“Steph! Kenzie!”

“Frankie!” we replied and he laughed.

“I’m really happy you guys are with us right now.” He said.

“So are we Frankers.” I said, ruffling his hair.

“Yeah, this is going to be the best Christmas ever.” Steph said as the bus passed its way through Pennsylvania.

“Do you think your Mommy and Daddy will like me, Kenzie?” he asked.

“Oh yes. Definitely. They’re actually really happy that we’re all coming to New York for Christmas and they cannot wait to meet you. I told them you were my favorite Jonas brother.”

“Hey!” Kevin, Joe, and Nick exclaimed.

“I second that!” Steph cried, jumping away from Joe. He ran after her and grabbed her around the waist from behind and lifted her up. “Ah! Put me down!”

“Tell me you love me and that I’m your favorite Jonas brother.” He said, keeping her in the air.

“Joseph Adam Jonas, I love you with all of my heart and you are my favorite Jonas brother.” She said sincerely. He put her down she turned around in his arms. “I love you.”

“I love you too.” He whispered, leaning in and kissing her again.

“Hon,” I said, sitting up and putting my hands on Kevin’s chest. “Even though you’re the romantic one, promise me you will never do something as mushy as that” I said, pointing over my shoulder.

“Cross my heart.” He said. “I love you.”

“I love you too.” I said kissing him. “But Frankie’s still my favorite.”

“Fair enough I guess.” he said, laughing.

I went back to lying on the couch. Steph and Joe had retreated to the bunks and were cuddled up on Joe’s bunk, listening to his iPod. Nick had finished his email to Selena and was now writing a new song. Frankie had taken over the TV by playing some sort of video game. I sighed in contentment as Kevin absentmindedly rubbed his hand up and down my arm. I wouldn’t want to be anywhere else but here.
♠ ♠ ♠
Finally I have written the epilogue! I don't know why it took me so long. I started writing it last night and finished it this morning. Well... I'm very proud of Kristen for what she started with this story and my last two and a half chapters and epilogue for it didn't turn out as bad as I thought they would!

Oh! If anyone catches the Gilmore Girls reference in here, let me know! XD

I hope you all enjoyed this story!

Thank you so much for reading! Leave any final comments you may have =]

~Steph & Kristen <3