Please Be Mine

Concert

Once at the hall Mr. Jonas takes me up to the lighting and sound booth, and I immediately recognise the soundboard as a bigger version of the one I used to use. We spend the rest of the afternoon doing soundchecks and by an hour before the show I had the routine down. Mr. Jonas gathered everyone backstage before the start.

"Ok guys, let's make this show amazing. Thank god we found Mackenzie." He smiles at me, and so do the rest of the crew.

"I'll do my best." I smile nervously back.

They start with Burnin' Up, Joe leaps onto the stage and starts singing, and Kevin dances around with his guitar strumming the riff. I concentrate hard, but can't help but smile at the sound of their music. Throughout the night I continue working the sound, with the lights guy helping me a little here and there. I find it very hard to keep focused when Nick sings A Little Bit Longer. In too short a time the concert was over, and I put on some of their old stuff while the audience files out and run backstage to see them. Three very exhilarated boys meet me.

"Kenzie!" Joe screams, pulling me up in a huge bear hug and spinning me around. "Did you like it?" He asks seriously, setting me down.

"I loved it!" I yell, hugging Nick and Kevin. "You were all so amazing. I wish I could have just focused on enjoying it though, it was hard to deviate from the sound."

"Well, without you the show wouldn't have gone on so smoothly." Mr. Jonas interrupts, beaming at his sons. "Thank you so much Mackenzie." He smiles at me, I grin back

"You're very welcome Mr. Jonas."

The boys insist I go back to the hotel with them and have dinner. We chat and watch TV for a while, and I start falling asleep on Kevin's arm at about 10.30.

"Sweetie we should take you home." Mrs. Jonas suggests, entering the room after putting Frankie to sleep. I grumble, pushing myself up into sitting position. "What's wrong?" She asks, and I wince as I remember Mom's promise.

"I have to go to finishing camp. Really soon probably." She still looks confused, so I continue. "I've gone there every year since I was young. I hate it." Realisation dawns on her face. Suddenly Nick jumps up, his face alight.

"Mom can I talk to you for a sec?" He asks, pulling her away from our group. They whisper for a few minutes, Nick looking enthusiastic and Mrs. Jonas seeming reluctant. Joe and Kevin go to join them and then Mrs. Jonas fetches their Dad. I remain confused and slightly irritated as they continue to whisper in a small huddle. Finally Mr. Jonas breaks apart from the group and all the boys have beaming smiles of victory on their faces.

"Mackenzie, we were wondering, if we aren't wrecking any plans, if you would like to come on tour with us?" He asks, my jaw drops.

"I would love to." I respond swiftly despite my shock. All three brothers punch the air simultaneous, grinning madly. I smirk back, laughing at their excitement.

"Well, I think tonight I'll drop you home, just so I can ask your mother if it's alright for you to come." Mrs. Jonas says softly, also smiling. I nod, and the boys envelope me in one big bear hug, I feel three kisses place themselves on my cheeks.

"Bye Guys" I say muffled, as the pressure of their arms has pushed my mouth into Joe's shoulder.

Mrs. Jonas drives me home by herself, we sit in silence for most of the time.

"Mackenzie, I don't know how but you seem to have enchanted all of my boys quite easily." She finally says, and I feel blush colouring my face in the dark car.

"They're all really nice." I comment.

"It'll be nice to have another girl on the road, and you fit in so well with us." She says now, still wearing a little smile. We finally arrive at my house, I can see the lights on and I grimace.

"You really don't have to do this Mrs. Jonas."

"Nonsense Sweetie. I'm sure if I take to her and make sure she knows you'll be safe then there's nothing to worry about." She gives me a reassuring smile and I lead her up to my door.

"Mom?" I call tentatively, inviting Mrs. Jonas in.

"In here." She replies irritated, I walk in meekly to find her standing with her hands on her hips. "Where have you been?" She almost yells, then sees Mrs. Jonas behind me and turns gracious.

"Mom, This is Denise Jonas. Mrs. Jonas, My mother Georgia Wells." My mother steps forward with a sweet smile on her face and greets Mrs. Jonas.

"It's a pleasure to meet you." She gushes, her voice dripping with honey.

"It's nice to meet you too." Mrs. Jonas looks slightly taken aback. "I wanted to talk to you about Mackenzie's plans for the summer." My Mom guides her to the sofa as they begin talking, Mom starts to look defensive so I back out of the room slowly.

After about 20 minutes of overhearing what became a heated discussion between the two mothers, Mrs. Jonas finally enters the kitchen, her lips pressed in a thin line.

"I'll see you tomorrow Mackenzie." My face lights up, and Mom entered behind her.

"I've decided you can go Mackenzie, you are old enough now to do without Etiquette Camp." She says, forced, her face twisted into a painful smile.

"Thank you Mom!" I exclaim, hugging her tightly despite her shocked reaction. She smiles reluctantly and says an overly sweet goodnight to Mrs. Jonas before going upstairs.

"Okay so, you'll be on the tour bus with the rest of the family, pack lots of clothes and games because it can get a little boring on the bus. Kevin will pick you up tomorrow at 9, we'll be leaving at 10. Your mother is quite stubborn, but I got her to come around. I'll see you tomorrow Mackenzie." She hugs me and then leaves me extremely elated.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yay! The concert went smoothly and now Mackenzie gets to go on tour! Do you think that will go smoothly? Hopefully it will. Were you surprised her Mom agreed to it?

C/R/S

~Steph <3