Before Eternity

Jack.

I waited till Kelsey and her posse were all on the floor and less people were watching the stairs before I went down them too. But as soon as I went down, I wish I hadn't.
Boys swarmed like bees to honey. Damn Marcia's analyses.
I saw Edward talking to Ariel, They seemed to be getting along, which was good for them. But not good for me as Edward, I just realized, was the one who kept the majority of the boys away from me. And Ariel was the beginning of our separation. I would have to learn to dismiss offers myself...
But then this really cute guy came into my sight. He had brown almost black hair tied back and these bright blue like the sky eyes.
The only problem was he was the only guy who hadn't come to my side.
I pouted and kept dismissing dancing requests, saying maybe later that my feet hurt. The crowd died quickly.
"Well isn't this odd."
I turned to see James smirking, leaning against a pillar.
"What?" I asked, smiling to see a familiar face.
"Chastity without Edward, Why its like toast without jam. Simply imaginable."
"Well clearly it isn't as I am without him right now."
He stepped forward, looking to the floor, "Well I'm sure this will end in the opposite way I want it to as it has for every other guy in the room but As you have no person to dance with Would you like to?"
I hated boys. I gave a friendly smile, "Perhaps later I'm just still trying to get use to these heels- I don't know why people put me in them. I fall all over the place."
He was good at hiding his disappointment, "Yes I've seen you in action and it can be quite disastrous. We use to blame Edward- But he seems to be doing quite well with Kelsey's cousin."
I looked over again, Edward and Ariel were dancing now talking and smiling, A heartstring was pulled.
I have to learn to move on...
I turned back to James with a smile, "You know- Maybe I will dance with you"
"Really." His face fell in utter surprise, and then it came back up in pure joy, "I mean, Wonderful!"
"Yes I just need to go to the restroom so ah You just wait, talk to people- I may be awhile."
"Will do."
"Okay." I walked away and saw some guys come up to James in surprise and congratulations that someone actually got to me.
I didn't need to go to the bathroom, I just needed to calm myself down. The realization that Edward was moving on was kind of a hard thing to face. I slipped into a sitting room and buried my face into some curtains.
"You knew this was going to happen Chase... Everyone knew... You've cried your tears and you won't cry anymore... He's just a boy... Just a boy"
Yeah, Just your best friend.
"Shut up," I said louder then I meant, but I was calmer now, I turned and almost screamed when I saw a handsome young man sitting on the desk, smiling at me while eating pudding.
"Oh- Oh my, I am sorry." I said.
"Quite alright." He said eating his pudding. He had a English accent and deep brown eyes.
"I'll just Leave you to your pudding then." I nodded and turned.
"You don't have to go," He said I heard his feet hit the ground.
I turned and saw he was standing, pudding out of hand, "Oh no it's fine You were here first."
"But I daresay you need this room as much as I do by your ramblings."
I blushed, "Oh yes... Those... Whoops."
He laughed, It was a lovely sound.
"So what are you hiding from?" I asked.
"Well just as I'm sure you're hiding from the boys, I am hiding from the girls. You wouldn't believe how crazy they get over a silly accent"
I laughed, "Well, They must be silly girls then."
"Oh, They most definitely are. But you aren't are you?"
I shifted weight from heel to toe, "Not at all. Just klutzy."
He laughed, "I'm Jack Rosier."
"Chastity Fey." I shook his outstretched hand.
"Ah So you're the one Kevin's fiance is so worried about." He sat back on the desk and patted a spot beside him.
"Now why would she be worried about me?" I asked, greatly confused and sat by him.
"Well apparently Kevin had to put up a great fight to invite you to this. And I remember getting letters from him talking about you."
"Ah yes... I was wondering why I got invited to this. Now it makes sense I am Kevin's guest not Kelsey's"
"Pretty much."
We sat there quietly then I realized what he said, "Wait- Ew. Kevin was writing to you about me?"
"Yes."
I knew he had this infatuation for me for some reason. "How long was he talking about me."
"Let me see the letters started say ten years ago and the last one he talked about you in was the one where he announced his engagement."
I thought about what he said when I'd arrived. I groaned and leaned forward.
I felt his hands on my back, rubbing it, "I know, Boys are stupid."
That made me laugh, I looked back to him.
He held out his spoon, "Pudding?"
♠ ♠ ♠
Ah, competition is in the air. Remember to comment! Thanks you and I am off to straighten my hair :D xomelf