Mr. Fix It

This Feels So...

It was the longest two seconds of my life. There I was, sitting with this messed up girl that I'd practically just met, and then she just kisses me in the midst of thought. And I loved it. Her beautiful aroma tickling my nose, her soft hair brushing against my neck with the speed she had gotten up with, her soft lips against mine as we closed our eyes-

"I still don't hate you." She repeated. I could never hate you. You're beautiful! You understand me! You... you may just be what can save me! What the hell is wrong with me right now?!

"I- I- I... I think I'm beginning to realize just how serious you were when you said that." I said placing a hand on her soft cheek to stroke her. It was real. She was sitting on my lap. She was looking up at me. She was actually there to love and care for me...

"Are you ok?" She asked me.

"Uh, yeah." I choked out. Of course I am. You're here. God, what the hell? I hardly know her! Get yourself together!!!

"You look like you're about to cry." She said. That's when I finally realized that my eyes were indeed welling with tears. I don't understand!

"I think I just... I dunno. Something's weird with me right now." I replied lamely.

"What is it?" She asked. She sounded genuinly concerned, as if her happiness relied on my answer.

"I don't... I don't know." I said and suddenly felt cold. She must've felt it too, because she shivered and shifted in my lap to get closer to my chest as she sat up slightly. I opened up my already unzipped jacket and wrapped it around her. Then I rested my chin on her head and sighed heavily. This is so... different, and yet I love this feeling more than anything.

"You can try explain it to me." she offered and looked up at me to show me she was sincere.

"I think it's just... It's different. It's a new experience for me to feel like someone else is worried about my well-being." I admitted.

"I'm sure you're mom or-"

"My mom just pawned me off to my dad because she thinks I'm crazy. My dad gets angry at me at the drop of a dime. My sister has always been the focal point of everything. My teachers have never given a shit about me because I was distracting all period. My friends all cared, but they were always ten times more important because I've always just been good for a laugh and entertainment. No one has ever honestly cared about me, and yet now, for the first time, I feel like someone does, and it's frightening." I admitted. What was wrong with me? Oh my god, I've gone insane.

She squeezed me in a warm embrace. With her head burried into my chest and her arms wrapped around my ribs almost too tightly to breathe, she said to me, "Don't ever forget, there will always be at least one person who cares about you." She said. I've always known that. I just never knew two people in this world could care. I hugged her back and I felt my eyes sting as fresh tears appeared in them. Don't cry!

She was a mind reader though. "It's ok to cry sometimes." She assured me and caressed my back. "Sometimes it's healthy."

"I can't cry." I said. "Not in front of you, at least."

"Why not?"

"Because, I'm one of the few people in the world who wants to make a difference and make it better and worth living in. I'm going to fix it all. If I want to fix all the corruption, I can't cry everytime something comes up." I admitted. God, my heart's pouring out to you! I love you!

"That's stupid. Why fix the world when you can fix one person?" She asked.

"Oh," I thought sadly, "is that why you want to be with me? You want to fix me?" I asked. I don't want to be a project. That's like when you fall in love with the sea monkeys you raise in the third grade science class.

"No. There's more to you than that. I want you to be happy, though, and that's what I'm going to do." She said.

"Well, I want you happy, too, and yet you haven't given me any clue as to make you smile." I said.

"Being just like this." she said, and finally the sun fell.
♠ ♠ ♠
yeah, that was long and drawn out but it's been running through my mind and if i can't say it in real life why not live it through my character?