And It Rained All Night

03

‘’I know we’re just pretending, there’s no promise left to break…’’ He whispered in a rhythmic way.

I cocked my eyebrow, and smiled a little. I guessed he read the big purple text on my dark jumper.

‘’You like The Birthday Massacre?’’ I asked curiously. I didn’t know anyone who knew who they were.

‘’You bet!’’ He exclaimed. ‘’Their best song is Lovers End, for sure!’’
I shook my head in disagreement. ‘’Uh, no, To Die For is, by far!’’

I began to sway on the swing, causing me to fly higher, the rain falling harder onto my skin. The wind was shaking the trees violently, and the lightning danced gracefully in the sky. While I was busy observing my surroundings, my grip on the chain securing me to the swing had loosened.

All of a sudden, I was flat on my back, on the soggy grass. My eyes widened with shock, and I could hear the familiar boy on the swing next to me laugh. I didn’t bother to look at him, and see how much enjoyment he was getting out of my clumsiness.

I could hear him walk over, and I finally sat up. Ignoring the fact the ground was covered in deep puddles, he sat down next to me. He looked at me, and I couldn’t help but connect my eyes with his. I had to admit, he was rather beautiful.

‘’I don’t believe I’ve introduced myself,’’ He stated. ‘’I’m Gerard.’’
‘’I’m Chelsea.’’
♠ ♠ ♠
short, but there shall be more soon. (:
comments/subscriptions = love.