And It Rained All Night

04

‘’I’m surprised I haven’t seen your pretty face somewhere,’’ Gerard said.
Blushing slightly, I nodded. ‘’Yeah, I’m surprised I haven’t seen you, either.’’
‘’Well, are you local?’’
I nodded again. ‘’Sure am.’’
Skye whined at me, unhappy with the fact she was tied up. I laughed at her, and stood up. Gerard grabbed by hand, and pulled me back down to the ground. I landed in the puddle, and cringed as the water seeped through my clothes again.

**

The rain was no longer falling from the sky, although the Earth was still soaked. Skye still sat impatiently next to the poll; she hadn’t been untied the whole time. I pulled out my phone from the back pocket of my jeans. Apparently I had missed two calls from Mum. I shrugged it off, and looked at the time. It was 1 a.m.
‘’Shit,’’ I muttered.
‘’What?’’ Gerard asked curiously, standing up. He extended his arm, and I took his offer. Quickly, he pulled me off the ground and I was now standing next to him.
‘’It’s one in the morning.’’
He sighed, and the cheeky smirk that had been stained on his face all night now faded.
‘’You have to go?’’
I nodded, and began to untie Skye from the rusty poll. Once she was free, she walked over to me and sat by my side.

I looked up at Gerard. His black hair was now almost dry, and his pale skin glowed in the moonlight. I wondered what he was thinking as he stared at me. Did he think I was beautiful? Was he staring because I something on my face? I mentally crossed off the first possibility.

‘’I’ll see you around, I guess,’’ I mumbled, tucking my long brown hair behind my ears.
Gerard leaned in closer to me, and pressed his lips to my now rosy cheek. ‘’You’re so cute when you blush,’’ he whispered.
I pursed my lips and tugged on Skye’s lead.
‘’Bye, Gerard.’’
And with that, I began to walk home.
♠ ♠ ♠
please comment if you read.
(: