And It Rained All Night

06

‘’I admit, I was hoping you were going to be here.’’
Oh shit. Word vomit. He didn’t need to know.

‘’Aww, really?’’ Gerard replied, smiling. This time he showed his teeth.
I nodded and blushed, slightly embarrassed by what I just said.
‘’Admittedly, I was eager to see you again, too.’’

I looked at my feet again, and I wasn’t sure what to say to continue the conversation. But the silence wasn’t awkward. In fact, I almost felt comfortable despite the fact nothing was being said. I didn’t think much needed to be said, anyway.

‘’So anyway,’’ I continued. ‘’Apart from The Birthday Massacre, what stuff are you into?’’
‘’Well, I’m getting into some alternative and punk right now. Smashing Pumpkins, Iron Maiden, The Misfits, Jimmy Eat World …’’
‘’Oh, okay. To be honest, the only one I can really stand is Jimmy Eat World.’’
‘’That’s a shame, I guess we can’t be friends anymore!’’ Gerard replied.
I picked up on his sarcasm, and laughed.
‘’Well, Billy Corgan has an amazing voice, I must admit,’’ I said.
‘’Yeah, I wish I could sing as well as him,’’ Gerard muttered, furrowing his eyebrows.
‘’You sing?’’ I asked curiously.
‘’Uh, a little. Not too well though, it’s nothing special,’’ he immediately replied, tripping over his words.
‘’Sure. I bet you’re amazing.’’

**

‘’Chelsea!’’ Mum screeched from her room, ‘’Wake up!’’
I rolled over, the sheets tangling around my body. I groaned when I noticed that the pillow was still damp from my poor effort to dry my hair last night. Deciding I’d rather not be late for school, I got out of bed and stumbled over to my cupboard.

I pulled out a white t-shirt that had a picture of a blue dove on the front, and some small denim shorts. Then I placed a new pair of gladiator sandals on my tiny feet, and rushed down stairs.

‘’You looked gross,’’ Corey, my younger brother stated.
‘’Thank you,’’ I snapped, stealing a slice of his nutella toast.
He frowned, and gave me the middle finger salute.
‘’Any time.’’

I sat down on the stool next to him, and chewed on my food loudly.
‘’You fucking pig,’’ he grumbled as he walked out of the room and up the stairs, into his room.

I smirked and finished off my toast. Quickly, I checked if I had everything I needed, and put the straps of my blue and purple Nike bag over my shoulders.
‘’Mum, I’m ready to leave!’’ I yelled.

Soon enough, Mum was ready and we got into the car. Corey stayed inside the house; he was still in middle school so he went to school later than me.

‘’So where were you last night?’’ Mum asked, not taking her eyes off the bumpy road.
‘’In my room, asleep,’’ I answered quickly.
‘’No, where were you?’’ She asked again, getting more impatient with each word.
‘’I told you!’’ I said, my voice getting louder.
‘’Well I don’t believe you! Your room was awfully quiet last night after Skye finished barking. You’re tired, and your cardigan and pajamas are damp. Did you sneak out?’’
‘’No!’’ I shrieked.

And nothing else was said for the rest of the drive.

**

‘’Chelsea!’’ Jess screamed as I walked over to my group. We sat next to the football field.

Jess and I had been best friends since grade three, and we were now in junior year. We were practically inseparable, and when she wasn’t at cheer-leading, her and I were always hanging out together – to the point where we were often mistaken as sisters, even if her tan skin, grey eyes and black hair were incredibly contrasting to my auburn curls, hazel eyes and porcelain skin.

Admittedly, Jess had changed a lot over the years. We weren’t always the popular girls, but by the middle of sophomore year, we were in that clique of cheer leaders, rich kids and footballers. Strangely enough, I wasn’t a cheer leader, nor was I significantly wealthy. But I guess you could say I was like the mother of our group. I’d give everyone advice, drive everyone home from the parties, etc.

‘’Yes?’’ I asked, attempting to sound happy. Hearing the sound of Jess’s high pitched voice wasn’t the best way to start the day.
‘’Sean Graham asked me out!’’ She screamed.
‘’Oh, really? What’d you say?’’
‘’I said yes, of course!’’ Jess explained. ‘’He’s only one of the most popular, hottest and talented guys in school!’’
‘’Aw, cute. I’m happy for you.’’
‘’You should totally date Caleb! Then you, him, Sean and I could go on cute double dates!’’ Jess exclaimed, a smile appearing on her face.
‘’Oh, totally. Two couples having sex in the same room sounds awesome!’’ I retorted.
‘’Oh you’re so funny!’’ she replied, giggling a little. ‘’Well anyway, we were thinking of going shopping tomorrow. You wanna tag along?’’
‘’Who’s we?’’ I asked.
‘’Uh, Georgie, Shelly, Freya and I – and hopefully you.’’
‘’That sounds awesome!’’
♠ ♠ ♠
lol, long updates ftw.

comment and tell me what you think (: