Status: complete.

Breaking the Rules, NHL Style

part sixteen Pens vs. Jackets

“The starting line up tonight is, Davis, Malkin, Malone. Ready? Pens on three,” Michel told the locker room.

I stood up, a newly attached “A” on my jersey, over my heart.

“Who’s ready?” I yelled putting my hand in the pile, along with everyone else.

“We are!” they yelled back.

“Who’s gonna win?”

“We are!”

“Who’s gonna play the best game they ever have?”

“WE ARE!” my teammates responded.

“Pens on three! One-two-three, PENS!” we cried, throwing are arms up in the air.

“Ready for this Tristan?” Sidney asked, punching me lightly in the arm.

“Yeah!” I yelled, punching him back.

“Good!” Sidney hugged me.

“Dude, were in the NHL! We don’t hug, we high-five, duh!” I said laughing.

“Oh yeah, you’re right. High-five!” Sidney and I high-fived.

“Ev, you ready?” I asked Evgeni.

“Hell yes, I’m pumped! You?”

“I’m pumped too!” I hugged him, because he was just so darn cute. Evgeni hugged me back, giving me an awesome hug, as normal. Getting a whine from Sidney. I chuckled.

It’s been about two months since my birthday. That night, we were interrupted by the janitor, of all people. I just told him to forget it and we’d talk tomorrow. We never did, I was scared out of my mind. I mean I’ve hinted it to him a couple times, but he’s just so dense. It’s not like he feels the same or anything. I mean, I would hope so...

He still won’t give back my bracelet, and I still haven’t figured out who was in the closet on July 4th with me. But I’ve got some good ideas.

The good news? Jordan and TJ are still going strong, like the cutest couple ever. Yesterday was there two month anniversary, man how time flies. So that made today the September 25th. Jordan had asked out TJ at 2:47 am on the 24th, so TJ spent the night at our house two nights ago. We had a little party for them at that time. Cheesy, I know. But they were happy and that’s all that mattered.

As of right now, I’m standing in line, swaying back and forth, waiting for the signal to head on to the ice. Tonight was the Penguins first game of this season, against the Columbus Blue Jackets. I had a mixture of emotions right now, nervous, happy, excited. I was a rookie and on the starting line up, how crazy was Michel? That just meant that he had faith in me, right?

“Ready?” Marc-Andre turned to face me.

“I am, I think.”

“Good, don’t worry, you’ll be fine. I promise.”

Marc held out his glove and I high-fived it.

“You’re on,” a security guard yelled.

I was in the back of the line since I was a knew addition to the team, and the first female in the NHL, so I guess I was getting some fancy introduction.

“And here are your Pittsburgh Penguins! Marc-Andre Fleury, Sidney Crosby, Evgeni Malkin, Ryan Malone...” I tuned the announcer out gathering my thoughts, getting ready for the game at hand. Closing my eyes and not letting any other thoughts enter my mind.

“Tristan, ready you’re on next.”

I turned to see Ray Shero.

“Yeah I am. Thanks. See you after the first.”

“Okay, when he calls your name.”

“I know.”

I got up to the entrance, my heart pounding loudly through my skin, my under armor shirt, shoulder pads and Penguins jersey. I swear the crowd could probably heart it beat.

“Ladies and gentlemen, the first women ever in the NHL, she is here tonight, and assistant captain to Sidney Crosby. Pittsburgh fans, give a loud and welcoming hello to Tristan Davis, number 14!”

I jumped on the ice, taking a lap like I was supposed to, holding my stick in the air. I was grinning so big I could barley see. This was the best moment of my life. I heard cheers around me. The fans were amazing, black and white filed the arena seats.

“GO DAVIS!” I heard yelling and cheering. And then, something caught my ear, “FUZZ-BALL! FUZZ-BALL! FUZZ-BALL!”

I smirked and got on the goal line for the warm up, standing next to none other then the person that had given me my nickname the crowd was now chanting.

“How do they know my nickname?” I asked Max.

“Dunno,” he smirked at me.

“Are you sure?” I raised an eyebrow at him.

“It might have slipped to the press.”

“Max!” I giggled, pushing him a little.

“And here is the starting line up for Pittsburgh! Center Evgeni Malkin!” Cheers erupted through the arena as Evgeni skated to the blue line. “Left wing, Ryan Malone!” more cheers. “Right wing, Tristan Davis!” I felt almost overwhelmed, the fan base here is amazing.

I skated next to Evgeni, who was smiling at me, and patted my shoulder. “Defense, Hal Gill and Sergei Gonchar!” more screams.

I was now staring at the other side of the ice, our opponents. They were huge, then I looked at Hal who skated beside me. Okay never mind. Hall’s like 6’7, he‘s a giant! Hah, and he’s on my team! Nothing to worry about.

“Ready Tristy?” he asked.

“You betcha Haly.” We both chuckled.

“And not to forget goal tender, Marc-Andre Fleury!” the crowd was like freaking. Marc skated in-between me and Evgeni, giving me a quick hug. I heard girls screaming and I smirked.

“Get a goal,” Marc whispered, I smiled.

“I’ll try, for you!” we pulled away as the announcer introduced the starting line for the Blue Jackets. After the national anthem my team skated to the bench, getting a few words of wisdom from our couches.

“Tristan, count ‘em up," Michel told me. I nodded.

“Pens on three! One-two-three, PENS!” we cried again.

Everyone patted my head, telling me to go get ’em. I skated over to the red line, with my teammates.

“Ready?” Bugsy asked.

“I am, are you?”

“Yes, let's go and get some goals.”

I shook my head yes and he pated my head.

The ref blew his whistle, signaling it was time to drop the puck. I got into position, Jarred Boll stood across from me and smirking.

I rolled my eyes. Nasty pervert.

Evgeni won the draw, passing it back to Hall, who passed it up to Bugsy. I skated hard, getting over the blue line.

“Bug!” I called, he curled, and I did the same thing, leaving everybody in their tracks. Evgeni bolted to the goalie, and Bugsy passed it across to me. I did a one-touch pass to Sergei, getting him a shot on the net. Lucky for them their goalie gloved it.

“Nice play!” Sergei high-fived me.

“Hah, thanks, you too!”

“Wanna take the face off?” Evgeni asked me.

“You mean that?”

“I don’t care. I think you should, I’ll take you’re spot.”

“Okay.” I looked to Michel who nodded, like he knew what we were talking about. I took the face off, crouching down. The ref dropped the puck, in slow motion almost.

I moved my body into the other center men, tying him up. With my right hand, I reached down and passing the puck back. All of that done in under two seconds. Evgeni got it and skated forward. I smirked. Classic Kris Drapper move.

Evgeni was now on the circle, cycling it down, Bugsy picking it up and snapping the puck, which landed on my stick, I was about to shoot when from no where Derrick Brassard came skating full speed at me, I stepped aside, making him fall and I snapped the puck. The goalie scrambled to get it. After a couple seconds of hacking at it, the whistle blew.

I skated off to the bench.

“Nice. Very nice play, you should have seen that Brassard kid, he thought he had you beat,” Mike Yeo informed me.

“I wish I could have seen his face,” I said smiling.

I sat in-between Evgeni and Bugsy, pouring water into my mouth.

“Tristan, I want you to play center the rest of the game,” Michel told us.

“Evgeni is that all right with you?” I asked handing him the water.

“Yeah, that’s fine,” he smiled.

I hope so.

“We’ve got this game tied. We’ve got twenty minutes to show this team who we are, and that we mean business. Now, who’s with me?” Sidney yelled.

“WE ARE!”

“Damn straight! Let’s go.”

We ran onto the ice, the game tied 2-2, we were going into the third period.

We had three minutes left and we needed a goal, or it would go to OT.

“Tristan, go,” Michel told me. I got out there, changing with Sidney, who was having a skate problem. Leaving Marian Hossa and Jordan as my wings.

I nodded at the two of them, taking the center position once again against that Brassard kid. I won the puck, getting it over to Jordan who took a shot, the defencemen number 8 blocked the shot, and now was on a rush towards us. 8 passed it to the Russian, Nikita Filatov. This kid was good, he deeked around Hossa and was now on a four on five.

Crap, get ‘em! I yelled in my head, skating full speed at Filatov, I knocked him into the boards, hard, making us both fall down, well me on top of him. I franticly slapped the puck up the boards to Hossa, who skated down with it, dumping it deep to get a change for him and Jordan.

I pushed off Filatov, getting up and taking three crossovers before sprinting down the ice, slamming 22, who might I add was a good foot taller than me, into the boards, making him fall down. I stood my ground, the crowd roared as I took the puck passing it up to Whitney, I skated back up to him. He gave me a give and go.

This time I played with the puck, pulling it through the defensemen's skates, and bringing it back to me and taking a snapshot heading top left shelf. I watched, the puck seemed to be in slow motion. I was bulled over by Brassard, the two of us falling down in a heap. My eyes never left the puck, as it zoomed over Pascal Leclaire’s glove hand, and hitting the back of the net hard. The light went off on the other side of the glass, fog horns sounded and the crowd jumped up and down.

Brassard got off me skating to his bench. I was jumped on by my line mates, and my defense, including Ryan and Kris.

“You did it, you scored!” Kris yelled, as they got off of me, I hugged all of them. I looked to Marc who was laughing, I pointed at him and skated down the ice, glomping him.

“You gotta a goal!” he yelled.

“I know! I dedicate my first NHL goal to you, Marc-Andre Fleury!” I cried.

“Thanks! You’re my hero!” I laughed and skated to my bench, high-fiving my teammates, who were going buzzerk.

We had ten seconds left. I took the face off, wining and throwing the puck down the ice. The buzzer sounded, and I was jumped again by my teammates.

“Fuzz-Ball, Fuzz-Ball, Fuzz-Ball!” The crowd was chanting.

“Oh my god!” I laughed, getting in line to shake the Jackets hands.

“Good game,” I said to each individual, getting smirks from Derrick Brassard’s line. I shook my head.

“Wait, Davis.”

I turned around to see Brassard, Boll and Filatov standing in front of me.

“Yeah?”

“Good game,” Boll said, extending his hand towards me. I shrugged and shook his hand one more time.

“Ah, thanks. Err, you guys played good too.”

“You’re really hot,” the three of them said together.

“She has to go now!” Sidney and Jordan wrapped their arms around me and taking me off the ice, once we were off, we laughed the whole way to the locker room.

“That was an amazing game, way to start out the season boys, and girl.” I was now in my under armor and short shorts, dancing around the locker room.

“We won, we won, we won!” I sung, high-fiving ever single person in the locker room.

“And before I forget here’s the puck, you getta keep it!” Michel handed me the puck, and I laughed uncontrollably, laying across Kris and Bugsy, looking at my puck.

“Go get showered, the press want to have a word with you," Michel told me. I jumped up, taking a shower. Minutes later coming out with a black Penguins shirt, and Penguins shorts.

“Can we have a word with you?” I turned around to see the press. I nodded and sat down. They asked me about the game. What it was like in Pittsburgh, living with the boys, playing in the NHL, things like that. Afterwards I got some pictures taken with my puck, and then they put it in a case for me.

“Alrite, who wants to celebrate?” Kris asked jumping on the bench.

“I do!” everyone in the locker room yelled.

[After Dinner]

Evgeni and I were sitting on his couch in his room back home. We had gone to dinner at T.G.I.F’s and celebrated for awhile.

I drove home with Evgeni, the boys said they had a few “errands” to run. Wasn’t to convincing to me.

“Don’t make me laugh!” I screamed, sitting next to Evgeni on the couch in his room back home.

“Oh? Why not?” he said, making another funny face and making me laugh even harder.

“Cause, I might have to do this,” I said crawling on Evgeni’s lap, making him quite down and smirk.

“I think I like that better," he whispered in my ear, hand on my leg.

“You know I can’t get involved with a teammate right?” I asked smirking and looking into his eyes.

“No one’s home. No one has to know.” Evgeni kissed my neck, sucking in places and making me moan.

“Evgeni.”

“Mmhmm?”

“I think you’re cute,” I said, my face getting red.

“Oh really?” he asked, moving from my neck to my face, leaving little kisses.

“Yeah.”

“Good.”

The door swung open. “OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

Evgeni jumped, accidentally pushing me off the couch and making me hit my head on his bed.

“Malkin!” I cried, and then looked at the door. Sidney and Bugsy were standing there, holding a deck of cards.

“Where’d you come from?!” I demanded.

“The store, now get out of each others pants and come down stairs,” Bugsy yelled laughing and turning around walking down the hall, pulling Sidney with him.

“Sorry,” I muttered.

Every time Evgeni and I got going, it seemed like someone would always interrupt us, wait that’s what happens!

“Are you okay? I think you hit your head," Evgeni reminded me, putting his hand on the back of my head.

“I did. I think I need something to make it feel better,” I whispered seductively, giggling a little and looking up at Evgeni’s red face.

“The doctors right here...”

He leaned in so close I could see every single one of his eyelashes.

“Eww!” Max’s voice reached my ears, making me very annoyed.

“MAXIME!” Evgeni called running after him, and leaving me there. I laid on the ground looking at the celling.

“Am I never going to get my kiss?” I asked myself.

I think that’s a no...