Status: complete.

Breaking the Rules, NHL Style

part eight Party At Our House... Awkward

“Kallie! Robert! Ryan!” I cried, running over to them. I was tackled into a group hug.

“Tristan! I missed you!” Kallie said, pulling me into a hug.

“I missed you too Kallie!” I shouted, kissing my best friend on the cheek and hugging her again. I turned to my left,

“ROBERT!” I screamed hugging my best guy friend. His blonde hair had grown out since I had seen him last; he flipped it out of his eyes and smiled a huge smile.

“I missed you Tristan!” Robert said, squishing me into a hug. I broke away and saw Ryan Lee.

“Ryan!” I hugged him, and he hugged me back.

“Life’s not the same with out you at home,” he whispered and I giggled.

“Ahh guys, this is my retarded- I mean, great team!” I introduced, laughing at all of their expressions plastered on their faces.

“You're still dead, Davis!” Evgeni got up and ran over to me.

“Malkin!” I cried, running over to Sidney and hiding behind him.

“Move it Crosby!” Evgeni yelled, a serious expression on his face. He pushed the laughing kid aside, trying to grab me. I ducked under Evgeni’s arms.

“I’ll be right back guys!” I called, busting a gut and running out of the locker room, Evgeni close on my tail. I ran full speed to the stands, ducking down, hoping he wouldn’t see me.

“Gotcha!” he cried, grabbing me.

“No!”

“When we get home, you're gonna pay,” he laughed, picking me up and putting me on the stairs, we walked back to the locker room slowly, I couldn't help but feel like we were drifting closer to each other.

“I’m sorry, you know, when you want to forgive me. Just hurry up!” I yelled at him.

“I think that’s gonna take some time.”

“Jeeze! Well then I’m still mad at you!” I didn’t wait for his response, I ran ahead, down the stairs and to the locker room.

“Hey, sorry about that,” I told my friends, who had now moved to the hallway.

I sat next to Ryan, across from Kallie, and Robert, we sat on the floor.

“So how’d you guys get here?” I asked, curious. The smile on my face never fading.

“A plane, we wanted to spend fourth of July with you. Like last year,” Ryan explained, smiling. That's why he was the hottest guy in our senior class, his smile was amazing. Not like I liked him or anything.

I thought back to last year, we had a bunch of friends, Katy, Ryan, Robert, Kallie, Jake, Alex, Samantha and I had all hung out at the park last year for fourth of July, that was fun.

“So where are you guys staying?”

“Not sure yet.” Robert said.

“Well duh! You're staying with me!” I exclaimed, excitedly.

“Huh?” Jordan asked, sticking his head out of the locker room door.

“Jordy, this is Kallie, Robert and Ryan. They are my best friends. They live in Buffalo, and there up here for a couple days, can they stay at the house? They’ll be in my room!” I pleaded and Jordan laughed. He sat on the ground next to me.

“I don’t care. Besides you're the boss," he smiled at me and I snorted, punching him the arm.

"Better believe it."

He ignored me and turned to my friends, "It's nice to meet you I’m Jordan.” he told them, waving.

“I’m going to go get some food with Sidney and Evgeni for the party, and you and Kris are going to be getting decorations.”

“Mhm, Jordy, see you at home,” I told him, and he kissed me on the check, I gave him a hug, and Sidney walked out. Kallie stared at me, it’s not like that was abnormal. All the guys on the team, kiss me on the cheek. She stared at Jordan and Sidney in disbelief. I got up and gave Sidney a hug. Laughing at Kallie.

“Here’s the list,” Sidney said, handing it to me.

“Thanks Sido. We should be home like around four or five.”

“Okay, see you at home. Oh, have you seen Evgeni?”

“Like I care.”

“C'mon, don’t be mad Tristy!” Sidney said, giving me pleading eyes.

“Fine, I’ll try, for you.”

“Yay," he gave me a hug. "If you see him tell him we’re leaving.”

“Will do. Let's go guys, I have to get my stuff.”

We walked into the locker room.

“Oi, Krisy, you ready?”

“Yeah almost!”

“HURRY IT UP!” I barked.

“Hey so there’s gonna be a party at my house tonight!”

“Really?”

“Yup!”

“What time?” Robert asked.

"Around eight.”

“Okay, we’ll be there at seven and then bring our stuff,” Kallie told me, giving me another huge hug.

“Okay, here’s directions.” I wrote them down on a paper she handed me and gave it to her.

“See you at seven!” I hugged them and then they were on there way.

"Ready for our journey Letang?”

"Duh Davis. Let's embark!"

- - - -

“I like this!” I turned around to see Kris in a white beard and a top hat with flags on it.

“Haha, wow that’s just snazzy, are you Uncle Sam?”

“Duh!” Kris and I were at a party store to get decorations, we had probably a million things in our cart.

It really made me laugh that I thought about it. Almost everyone that was invited to our party wasn't even American, yet we were celebrating a national holiday.

“You can get that, but let’s go!” I said, hugging Kris. I loved him like a brother. He was super funny, and nice and caring.

“Okay!” we walked to the register together. Like fifteen minutes later we walked out of there spending, close to two hundred dollars. I laughed the whole time, because we had Sidney’s credit card, (he had given it to us for decoration.)

We packed the twelve bags into Kris’ car and pulled out of the parking lot. When we got home, Kris and I decorated the front yard, with flags and the random other stuff that we had bought. When we were finished we went into the house to see it was spotless. A miracle in it's self, Kris and I decided to start decorating there.

- - - -

Close to five we were done, and the house looked awesome.

“Guys?” Sidney yelled, coming through the garage door.

“Hey, we’re done decorating,” I greeted him happily and helped him with some of the bags that he had.

“Okay, we got all the food, Bugsy, Max, and Marc should be over soon.”

No later than five minutes the doorbell rang.

“Hey guys,” Jordan welcomed them in.

I glared at Evgeni once more, feeling the tension rise between us. He wouldn't give up. He was getting on my nerves why wouldn’t he just forgive me already?

Marc-Andre walked through the door and my stomach leaped. I got up to greet him and the cutie pulled me into a hug.

"Are you all right?” he asked concerned. I looked up and saw his eyebrows were knit together in confusion.

“I’m sorry for running out on you like that. I just-”

“It’s okay, I know how you feel about Evgeni, it’s okay. I love you just the same,” he smiled.

A lump formed in my throat. No, no Marc. You had it wrong. I didn't feel that way about Evgeni, I feel that way about you.

“I have to talk to you later,” I whispered and he nodded.

“Has he forgiven you?”

“No. You?”

Marc sighed, “yeah.”

“Great.”

What a little punk.

-------->
----->


I was just ready for this part to start. The night was going so slow. I had already taken a shower, and was dressed in jean shorts and a plain blue tank, over a white one. I was waiting do my hair and makeup when Kallie and the rest showed up.

The food and drinks were out and I was sitting on the ground, playing Life with Max, Jordan, Bugsy and Kris. Marc, Sidney and Evgeni were playing video games in the media room, and we were in the extra game room, thing. Or whatever we called it.

“Hah, I win!” Max cried, throwing his fake money in the air.

“I lost!” I complained.

I laid on the ground, watching the boys put the game away. “Okay boys, time to clean out the closet.” Jordan called, opening it up.

The boys laughed and high fived.

I raised an eyebrow, "excuse me?"

“We’re going to be playing truth and dare, and seven minutes in heaven,” Kris told me, laughing and coming to lay next to me. I shot up, looking down at him.

“I don’t approve of this!”

“Sorry mom!” Jordan called from inside the closet, handing things to Max and Bugsy, who brought them upstairs to the computer room.

The doorbell rang, and I laid back down.

“MAXY!” I called, I could hear him run down the stairs and swing open the door. Kris laid his head on my stomach, as I was braiding little pieces of his hair.

“Door!” Max called down the stairs. “Tristan, get your lazy butt off the ground!” Max came in and picked me up.

“MAXIME!” I cried, he laughed and put me down at the door.

“Kallie!” I shouted, hugging her and then the two boys.

“K, we got to get ready, c'mon,” I told her, pulling her inside.

The three of them looked around the house and gasped. They muttered things of how amazing it was and I thanked them. I gave them a tour, and Kallie and I giggled the whole time.

“I’ll be upstarts,” I informed the boys, pulling K with me.

“Can I come?” Kris asked, running up the stairs, to our ground floor. I eyed him.

“C'mon you lost puppy.” I yelled. He smiled like a little kid in a candy store and picked me up, brining me up the stairs, my three friends laughed and following with their bags.

We threw their stuff on the floor and headed to the bathroom.

“Oh my god Tristy! This is huge!” Kallie cried, hugging me for the billionth time. It was amazing to have my friends around me again, I had truly missed them.

"Glad you like it!” I laughed back. Kallie and I walked into the closet to pick out something for her to where.

Kallie wore the same thing as me, except she wore her white tank top over her blue.

She changed into my tank tops and jeans in the closet and came out.

“Let me straighten your hair!” Kallie screeched sitting me on a chair. Kris talked to the guys, getting to know them.

[Party Time]

It was nine, and by now everyone was here, and honestly there were more people than expected. The whole team came and brought at least one person, minus the boys that were here before the party.

Kallie and I walked around the house, trying to find Robert and Ryan. They were on the couch, still talking to Kris, I think the three had taken a liking to each other.

“Hello children,” I smiled.

“Tristan, bring your friends downstairs!” Max whispered in my ear and sneakily walked down the stairs, the five of us followed behind as well, shutting the door behind us and walking down to the basement.

I’m pretty sure I was scared beyond belief. We walked into the game room. All of the couches were pushed up against the wall. Oh god. In the middle of the room there was a trash can.

I rolled my eyes. There were four other girls, one I knew as Jordan, Gary Roberts just turned 19 year old daughter. Bet her dad would love her being down here. Jordan was an awesome girl, and really fun to hang out with, but man was she a wild child. We hung out a lot after practices. Then there was three other girls I didn’t recognize.

“Tristan!” Bugsy called. I rolled my eyes once more at the moron.

“What are we doing, didn’t I already say I didn’t approve?”

“Sit, right now!”

I sat down, in-between Kris and Ryan, who was next to Robert and Kallie.

“Hey Jordan!” I said, waving to her across the room.

“Hey Tristan, these are my friends, Marsha, Hope, and Autumn.” she introduced pointing to them. I smiled and waved. “Hey. I’m Tristan Davis, I play for the Penguins.”

“Oh my god, you're soo cool!” Hope smiled.

“Thanks.”

“Okay, Okay, enough talk. Tristan I say you go first,” Jordy yelled. We will call Jordan Staal Jordy, and and Jordan Roberts, Jordan.

I glared at the boy.

“Go Tristan,” Pascal Dapuis told me. I turned to the 29 year old, who was right winger like me. I glared at him too.

“Just go Tristan!” Kallie said pushing me into the middle.

“Fine.”

“Close your eyes, and reach into the trash, when you pick an item, pull it out,” Jordan explained.

“Thanks genius,” I said, closing my eyes, reaching my hand into the trash.

I fiddled around a bit and then pulled something out.

It was a small chain necklace. Someone attacked me with a bandana, pulling it over my eyes, and then threw me into the closet.

I hate this game! I cried in my head. Sitting against the wall. I barley saw light and then the door close again.

“Seven minutes!” I heard Sidney call out, so I could now count at least one boy off of the list.

“Okay, please help me take this off,” I ordered, not able to get the knot out in the bandana.

I felt whosoever breath of the person in the closet with me, stumble across my neck. A shiver ran down my neck and I felt pressure on my legs. He was sitting on them. Greaat.

“Ahh, who is this?” I asked.

No reply.

I was rapidly trying to undo my bandana.

“Please tell me.”

He grabbed my hands and pulled them to my side. I could feel his lips brush against mine, and then I felt him kiss me softly, and then make it to my neck, nibbling.

Okay, this isn’t awkward. This is one of my teammates!

“Why won’t you tell-” an unexpected moan escaped my lips.

Crap! I guess he had reached my weak spot.

I felt him smile and then stared sucking on the spot. Making me try my hardest not to moan again.

He then kissed my lips again, holding my head.

He licked my bottom lip, at first I hesitated, but then I opened. He slipped his tongue in my mouth, our tongues dancing together. I wrapped my arms around his neck.

I guess I should have some fun, and if I didn’t have to see him, I was going to be fine.

We both stopped, moments later, breathing fast. The kiss was mind blowing, I wanted more. But first I wanted to know who it was.

“Tell me who you are.”

I could hear him chuckle, and I was trying to determine who that was. I was getting mad. I pushed him on the ground, laying on him.

“I wanna know!” I whispered into his ear.

“He was right your even cuter when you mad,” the unknown boy whispered in my ear. at that moment the bandana fell down around my neck.

“Oh my god.”