WZA

Selfish

Hannah could feel her body heat up, her heart beating faster and faster the closer Parker's face got to hers. Moving his hand from above Hannah's head to the back of her neck, he pulled her head closer to him and kissed her forehead.
"You sure are twitchy," he commented. "What happened to you feeling so comfortable around me?" Parker took a few steps back, giving her enough space so she could relax.
"I don't know, I guess after we um..." Hannah said. She kept avoiding Parker's glance.
"After we kissed."
"Yeah, after we... Kissed. Things just changed." She felt even more uneasy.

"As much as I love just standing around," Parker said, "where is your bedroom?"
Hannah's heart stopped. "B-Bedroom?"
"Yeah, you know, the place you sleep?"
"Why do you need to go to my bedroom?"
"So we can have sex," he said sarcastically. He rolled his eyes. "Because I'd like to sit down and talk to you seriously."
Pointing to her bedroom door, Hannah said, "There."
Turning the knob to the door, almost immediately, Parker's shock was painted on his face. "Your bed is invisible!" He said playfully. Picking a random spot that didn't have furniture near it, he got a bit of a running start and jumped in the air. When gravity took over, he fell on her white carpeted floor with a loud thud.

Running to his side as Parker lay on the floor, Hannah put her hand to his back. She felt the cold of his skin run up her arm. "Are you okay?"
Parker laughed, and sat up. "It takes a lot to hurt me," he said with a foolish grin.
"Why would you do that? You could have broken yourself! I was worried for a minute there..." Hannah said.
"To get you to talk to me," he said. "It worked."
Her cheeks were burning, she felt herself blush. "That's really mean." She turned away from him.
"No! Hannah!" Parker said. Grabbing onto her arm and pulling her towards him. "I just wanted to get some real emotion out of you. You were starting to act like you do when others are around. It's just you and me here, okay?"
Hannah turned to look him in his crystal eyes.
He released her arm, leaving dark ovals on her flesh.
Tears streamed down her face. She pulled the slack of her skirt away from her knees and crawled closer to him. She sat with her legs bent, her feet under her. Grasping the side of his neck, she said, "Parker. I don't think you realize what it is that you do to me." Her thumb rubbing over his jaw, feeling the beginning of beard stubble. "You can't just jump into things and get yourself hurt. It's not fair to me. I'm selfish like that."

She felt Parker freeze under her hand. After a few of the longest seconds in Hannah's life, Parker said, "You think you're selfish? You have no idea."
Her hand fell from his face. "Then we're perfect together," Hannah said sarcastically and smiled. She was feeling relaxed, beginning to feel safe. She let her body give into gravity and rested her head in Parker's lap, her hands crossing loosely over her stomach.
While she looked at his face, welcoming him to kiss her, or just stare into her eyes, to do what he wanted, all he did was lift his pale hand and run it through her hair, forcing what strands remained on her neck to fall on his jeans. "Then you'll be mine," he said, placing his hand on her stomach. "And I'll be yours."
♠ ♠ ♠
This part is short