Ashlan.

03.

“Come on, Ash! It’s just dinner!” my mom yelled through the wooden door.

She had been trying to get me to go to my Aunty Felicia’s house for dinner for the past hour, and if you hadn’t already guessed, I refused.

“Please, Ash?” her voice sounded defeated, but I knew her well enough to know that she wasn’t giving up anytime soon.

I flopped down on my bed from my standing position, and cuddled into my pillow. I really didn’t want to be around my aunt and her bratty little kids. There’s a reason that I never wanted to visit her here.

“Ash, please come,” her voice sounded needy at this point, and I knew that in a few moments, I’d cave.

There was one knock on my door, then a whimper. “Pretty please? We’ll leave right after,” she reasoned with me, and I knew I just caved.

Groaning, I walked up to my door and unlocked it.

“Thank you, thank you, thank you,” my mom already started saying before I even opened the door.

I shrugged my shoulders, still annoyed about going.

“Umm, okay. Wear something casual, but formal, if that makes any sense,” she told me before hugging me and scurrying off to her room.

Sighing, I walked over to my dresser, picking out a pair of dark skinny Pac sun jeans, and a crème Hollister baby doll shirt. I slipped my black flip flops on, and headed downstairs to wait for my mom.

My hair had already been brushed, and thrown up into a neat bun, and I had chosen not to wear any makeup.

My mom came down shortly after me, and we left.

//

“I forgot to tell you Ash, Aunty Felicia’s neighbors will be here too,” my mom informed me once we were parked in her driveway.

I groaned, very annoyed with her. Of course other people would be there. With my luck, she would’ve invited the whole neighborhood if she could.

I unbuckled myself, and slowly got out of the car.

“C’mon Ash, hurry up!” my mom said, appearing on my side of the car and trying to pull me out of the car.

I let her yank me out of the passenger side, and close the door behind me, but I was forced to walk to the front door in front of her.

“Knock on the door,” she stated like it was the most obvious thing.

I let my knuckles come in contact with the wooden door twice before it was flung open, revealing my uncle.

He’s a chunky dude, with a big beer belly, gray hair, a come over, and a beard that makes him resemble Santa Clause.

“Ashy, Veronica! ’S great teh see the both of yeh!” he ushered us into the house, guiding us into the dining room, where I saw some familiar, and some unfamiliar faces.

“Ashlan,” Aunty Felicia started. She pointed to the family on the other side of the room while having a firm grip on my shoulder.

“This is Mr. an’ Mrs. Keane, an’ their son Mathew,” she pointed to each as if I wouldn’t have guessed it.

“Everyone, this is meh sister, Veronica, an' ‘er daughter, Ashlan,” she introduced us.

The boy ‘Matthew’ gave me a once over, whereas I studied him.

In a way, he kind of resembled a bird. His hair was in between curly and wavy, and from what I could tell, his eyes were a dark blue. He was tall, well taller than me at least.

He did not look like someone I’d get along with at all.

I could tell that this was going to be a fun dinner. Note the sarcasm.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry 'bout the wait, and sorry this is a shitty chapter.