Pizza and Wine

Chapter 10.

Gerard rummaged through his box.

"Shit! Where the fuck is my eyeliner?" he looked at Ray frantically.

"I don't know, dude!" he shrugged.

"Frank!" Gerard yelled and threw his box of make-up down and stormed out of his room, down the hallway. He paced back and forth a minute, trying to walk off his anger. He felt so tense at the moment, he didn't want a thing to go wrong, not now. He knocked on Mike and Tré's door to ask to borrow some eyeliner. He knocked firmly and stood back a little, waiting. After about a minute, he heard no sign of someone coming so he turned the golden door handle. Besides, he could return it and thank them later. He snuck up to the dressing table and opened a drawer, looking for something. He looked up into the mirror and gasped, letting the pencil fall from his fingertips. Jamie was pressed against Mike, their lips locked, one of his hands in her hair, the other around her waist. He stood up straight and coughed quietly yet enough for them to hear.

"Fuck," Mike mumbled. Nobody knew about him and Jamie. Not even Billie Joe or Tré. And he didn't really feel like having Gerard be the first one to find out about it.

He started to sweat. The blue-eyed man never thought of Gerard as an intimidating man until now.

Gerard scowled at the pair. Mike's arms finally dropped from Jamie and she flattened her hair, trying to decode his stare.

"I was just borrowing this," he said icily and walked out, slamming the door. Mike turned to Jamie, nervous.

"Should we.. go after him?"

"No, he'll need some time to cool off, we can explain later," she said, placing a cool hand on his.

***

It was about half an hour before the show, and everyone was getting all their last minute touches ready. Gerard was still furious about what had happened.

"What's wrong?" Bob asked.

The brown-eyed man just shook his head and walked away. His fellow band mate gave him an odd look, and shrugged his shoulders. Gerard felt a firm grip on his arm and he turned around, facing an apologetic Mike.

"Gerard, I'm sorry, okay?"

"She just got out of a relationship and there you go, taking advantage."

"No, it wasn't like that, I swear to you here and now. I've always liked her, at least I didn't make my move whilst she was with Frank, right? Really, what's so bad about us? We both like each other, I see no reason why we should wait."

"Why didn't you tell me? Why didn't she tell me? She just got out of a relationship, she's looking for something right now."

"Don't talk about her like that." Mike said, cutting the air sharply.

"I know her better than you ever will." Gerard retorted.

"Gerard, we weren't telling anybody, we haven't told anybody. I'm not even sure if she's with me or not yet."

"I'm with you." Jamie walked up to them, linking her arm through Mike's. He smiled and kissed her cheek. Gerard looked at her sharply.

"Gerard, stop it. I'm happy with Mike, surely you want me to be happy?"

"Well.. yes, of course I do."

"Gerard, please, don't be like this. I can look out for myself now, I don't need you being so protective. Please, I need your support. You're my brother." Jamie paused, looking at him in hope.

"Fine, I give in," he sighed and she hugged him tightly, a hug which Gerard responded to, squeezing her too. "Oh, and Mike? I'm sorry, dude. And here, will you give Tré this?"

"Sure," Mike grinned, taking back the eyeliner and taking Jamie back in his arms.