Pizza and Wine

Chapter 8.

Frank paced up and down the corridor, reciting his speech in hishead before turning towards the door and rapping his knuckles against the door knocker thing three times. He heard a shuffling of feet and the scrape of the latch before the door swung open. Jamie faced him, eyes red and slightly puffy yet as beautiful as ever. His breath hitched and any words he had planned in his head disappeared. He forced down the lump in his throat and his voice cracked.

"Jamie.. please, listen to me. She meant nothing to me, she was a drunk fan, I promise you. She came up to me, reeking of the stuff and forced herself onto me. I tried to push her away, really I did. But you know me.. I'm short and she was just powerful. Jamie.. I love you." He took a deep breath and looked at her, agitatedly.

She stared back at him before shaking her head and moving so he could step inside. He fumbled with his fingers before sitting lightly on one of the chairs and looking at her, nervous.
"Jamie, please. Please believe me."

He looked down at her hand and noticed that she had taken off her engagement ring. The hazel-eyed man felt tears start to fill in his eyes.

"You took off your engagement ring," he stated.

The youngest of the Way kids nodded, "I'm sorry Frank. It's over."

"Over..? Jamie, please. I love you."

"Tough, Frank. Please, just leave." She looked in the direction of the door and he stood up, tears crashing like waves and walked out of the door, leaving her biting her lip to refrain from crying once more. He stopped just outside of the door, leaning against the wall beside the door and letting the rivers burst their banks of the sockets and letting the tears flow down his cheeks.

He knew that it was most likely finally over between them.

Jamie went inside, and was embraced by her older brother. She breathed in his scent. She loved Gerard's smell. It was familiar to her. It made her feel comfortable. As if she was safe, and nothing could get to her.

"You gonna be okay?" He asked.

She shook her head.

"Chin up, love. It'll be okay, I promise you. Somebody else will be along soon enough. You'll live," Gerard whispered into her ear. She forced a smile and squeezed a little tighter.

"Thanks, Gerard."

"It's my duty," he grinned.